Issues with Plants Vegging with Gavita 1700e

• Thread starter Cannasurfing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

But i do know another guy that needs help growing..hes a pretty cool guy.just have a look and see what you reckon 🤣

I will tag ya 😂

sshz

sshz

I've replied privately to Cannasurfing and gave him my thoughts and suggestions.

Bottom line though, he is already Cal/Mag to the mix- that's probably not a major issue. But he's adding 6-7 different bottles of stuff per the fertilizer line, and I'm guessing his mixing and measurements may be off, or maybe the calibration of his pH and ppm devices is wrong. It could literally be a 100 things, but I've recommended a 1 part fertilizer like Botanicare Pure Blend Pro (and Cal/Mag) to simplify things.

So he'll start with a 2-3 gallon fresh water flush, to get back to a clean baseline- and we'll slowly move on from there.

Last edited:
Johngr

Johngr

Hi all! New here and just started my first grow. I have a veg room with 12 sunsytem 315 MH and a flower room with 18 gavita 1700e LEDs. Since this is my first run, I wanted to split my plants and veg half with each type of light to see the differences and which I like better for future a buildout. After about a week in each room, with the same feeding schedule, the plants with MH lights are looking great, but the plants with the LEDs look like shit. For the first few days, I had 6 of the gavitas on at 55%, about 3 feet above the plants and the outer edges of the leaves were browning, so I thought the light might be too intense. Turned off 2 lights and left 4 on. A couple days later, the plants look worse, so I turned off 2 more lights and raised the lights to about 5 feet above the plants. Anyone have any ideas as to why I’m having such opposite results this far. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you
Sorry for the bad pic quality, I took videos and these are screen captures.
View attachment 1087939

Flower room with gavita 1700e
I
Hi all! New here and just started my first grow. I have a veg room with 12 sunsytem 315 MH and a flower room with 18 gavita 1700e LEDs. Since this is my first run, I wanted to split my plants and veg half with each type of light to see the differences and which I like better for future a buildout. After about a week in each room, with the same feeding schedule, the plants with MH lights are looking great, but the plants with the LEDs look like shit. For the first few days, I had 6 of the gavitas on at 55%, about 3 feet above the plants and the outer edges of the leaves were browning, so I thought the light might be too intense. Turned off 2 lights and left 4 on. A couple days later, the plants look worse, so I turned off 2 more lights and raised the lights to about 5 feet above the plants. Anyone have any ideas as to why I’m having such opposite results this far. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you
View attachment 1087939

View attachment 1087940
lights are tofar away doesnt you’d think how much you water and feed per week

Johngr

Johngr

Could be overall root temp and chronic overwatering causing lockout. The led doesn't heat the room the way an hid does. The plants aren't transpiring the way a traditional grow does.

Get those buckets on Styrofoam, off the direct floor
This helped me so much cause at ground level my ait flow was shit no matter what I listed plants onto 18 inch rack and the took off that day humidity finally was steady and co2 levels wernt just fighting to maintaine ppm

A

Alexyaldo

View attachment 1087939

View attachment 1087940
Yes. I had the same issue before if your still wondering. It is hard to veg under leds but it’s possible. I’m running the same set up actually. Same issue in the beginning. If your using the habits control master you turn them all the way down (50%) and raise the lights high as you can. The light is very strong. If your using the troll master you can dim them to 35% which would be better and you still raise them just won’t need to as much.

Top Bottom