It's Alive! Blackberry OG Round 1 - MPB Style

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Update time

One week in the MPB's so far, and I gotta say...Wow!:pimp:

I kicked the lights up to 600w setting 2 days ago.

IMG 1869

IMG 1872

IMG 1873

IMG 1875

IMG 1882

IMG 1876

It's all good except for this one plant. New growth looks light green on the edges. Seems like a Mg def, so I added some Botanicare cal-mag plus at 5ml per gal 2 days ago. Only thing is, the other plants don't exhibit that growth. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
IMG 1880

There is this other one with a wilty low branch. The rest of the plant looks great.
IMG 1884

Average size of roots on the netpots transplanted Oct 31st.
IMG 1844

Average roots 1 week in the MPB's!:rauch08:
IMG 1886

-TF:evilgrin0013:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Yeah!!! It's alive!!!! I'm pumped for you TF... Sending positive vibes and good karma your way brah... :damnhippie: Hmmm, it looks like you're not running the dual arcs yet... Are they dimmable? :wondering

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Oh you bet I'm running the dual arcs. I have dimmable ballasts. No problem so far at all.

winta

winta

its gettin jumppin jumpin now! the growth rate in MPB's are crazy!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
That's great news TF... Now I can only wonder what kind of crazy cage you're gonna put around them... I like the burpee cages that Ben uses... :cool

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Crazy growth indeed. I already bought the concrete reinforcement, so it will have to do this run. I would agree that Ben has it going on with the Burpee cages. Nicest ones that I have seen, for sure. Maybe I will get some in time for round 2.

G

GWAP

impressive root structure after a week! :cool0010:

u gonna crack those beans soon?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
here we go, passes the joint to Shady - looks like its gonna be a really good show

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

impressive root structure after a week! :cool0010:

u gonna crack those beans soon?

Thanks,

I will be cracking some in a little while, man.

Any suggestions people?

I have:

RaskalOG
Chem Valley Kush
Dead Head OG
Alien Dog

E

easypleasie

What a difference a week makes! I'm stoked to see the dual arcs working vert with the digis!

Not sure what's going on with that one plant with the deficiency...and the wilted branch is odd. Maybe it's not getting enough light down below?

You might want to lower the lights a bit to promote more lateral growth so they'll get nice and bushy on ya. Thickening up those lower branches will make a difference in the yield department :) At the 600 watt level, they shouldn't have any problems handling the light, especially since you have some good roots in the bins now. Have you noticed a different color spectrum with the different light levels? I'm curious how that affects the plants.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for the joint motherlode... Cough, cough...
:passingjoint:
My vote is Alien Dog...

B

Bobby Smith

Room looks awesome, TF - these builds take a little longer than people think, don't they?

Feel like I'll never be done.............anyhow, regarding your one somewhat sickly plant - since it's a RDWC, the nutes are the same (theoretically), they're all clones off of the same mother (I assume), so then it's got to be an environmental issue, no?

Are those leaves closest to the AC? Fans? Heater? I guess an easier question is "what is different about where those leaves are?"

And is all new growth on the plant exhibiting that, or is it localized to the one side that you've shown us? (in which case it's 99% environmental)

I assume you've checked the airstones, etc., to make sure nothing's clogged? If there was something foreign in the bucket causing that you'd expect it to spread to the other plants eventually...........sorry for rambling, just thinking out loud.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
it doesnt have to be environmental - if its the fastest growing plant (biggest) then it will show before the others

B

Bobby Smith

it doesnt have to be environmental - if its the fastest growing plant (biggest) then it will show before the others

I believe it's the plant in the back right (looking from the doorway), in which case it's actually the runt - TF, correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Regardless, when I realized which plant it was (I think), you can see that the yellowing isn't localized to one side but is occuring on all new growth, which reduces the chances of it being an environmental issue.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Yep, it is the back right. It was the tallest upon transplant. In the veg room it was the front left. The problem is with new growth on all sides. There is one more factor. One week before transplant, my feed pump was out for a day, resulting in wilt. I sprayed the girls with plain ro, and watered immedialely. The tallest one had the worst wilt of the bunch. That is why the roots weren't sparkly white going into the mpb's. Although now, all the plants have lots of really white roots, including the problem girl.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

you Rock TrichromeFan! I've been silently following your room build and the grow and i'm more than impressed. I'm sure everyone is though. Way to go setting the bar that much higher. Have fun with the rest of the grow, it's lookin like its gonna be a good one.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

What a difference a week makes! I'm stoked to see the dual arcs working vert with the digis!

Not sure what's going on with that one plant with the deficiency...and the wilted branch is odd. Maybe it's not getting enough light down below?

You might want to lower the lights a bit to promote more lateral growth so they'll get nice and bushy on ya. Thickening up those lower branches will make a difference in the yield department :) At the 600 watt level, they shouldn't have any problems handling the light, especially since you have some good roots in the bins now. Have you noticed a different color spectrum with the different light levels? I'm curious how that affects the plants.

Easy,
Dual arcs seem to be hanging quite well vert style w/ digi's. The reason that I haven't lowered the lights yet, is that I want to get as much height out of them as I can at first, by trying to make them stretch for that light. I will start to lower them after I kick it up to 1k for a few days. I can't tell a difference in spectrum at the different brightness levels, but the spectrum in general is awesome!

-TF

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I was going to say the same thing about lowering the lights.The room looks crazy though! Very well set up and clean. Don`t know if I would go for stretch though,I`m more into shorter gap between nodes and bushy plants.Looking great so far anyway Bro!

F

fiftythree33

Watch that drain sock closely, mine clogged a few times and flooded through the drain holes in to the room. I was surprised as it seemed to just be coagulated nutrient that clogged it and that it could hold 100+ gallons.

Very, VERY well done room man I'm impressed.

Top Bottom