IT'S OFFICIAL: POT LEGAL IN CO

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
another_sellout

another_sellout

I had a dream last night that woke me in a cold sweat.
Not my normal nightmares of Iraq.
It was a warm dream. The sun shone on me as I walked in serene meditation.
My hands covered themselves with hash as they brushed gently over the fields of marijuana that covered the Rocky Mountain hillsides endlessly out from my view in all directions from horizon to valley.
I know I was smiling. And then it happened. It all made sense how it could happen this way.

It's just...

There's no money to grow marijuana in Colorado.
Not anymore.
And I'm not going to be able to make money growing it anywhere in the world soon enough.

The truth struck me like a bolt of lighting.

A had a vision where the blessed prophet voters of Colorado had eliminated the drug cartel's most profitable product, allowed police to refocus their attention to greater threats, and opened the pathway for true cannabis cancer research and inspired a shift of consciousness that swept the entirety of the globe.

How?

One simple, shocking and clearly logical truth.

MARIJUANA IS NOW WORTH NOTHING.

What? I know.
Read it again if you have to.
Sounds ridiculous, right?

Read this:

Everyone ID holding citizen in the state of Colorado over the age of 21 can legally possess six, count 'em, six (6) cannabis plants at a time.
Three of these six plants may be flowering adult female plants capable of producing pounds of premium cured and dried marijuana with each and every harvest with the littlest guidance and attention to the plant.
Everyone over 21.
Everyone.
No dark alleys. No outside sources.
No reason for robbery. No more fears.
It's okay now, everybody.
It's okay!
Just a few pots in a south facing window.
To be discussed openly and calmly.
Like a rose, or any other flower.
Maybe like it was an aeromatic herb.
Or a source of grain, fabric and oil.
Without the long legal processes that were necessary to obtain it before, soon in laboratories across the state we may be even capable of speaking of it as a cure to cancer.
It's okay now everyone.
Marijuana is now worth nothing more than the common tomato.
That's right.
Go dig your out your bag of seeds, Colorado.
Offer six to everyone you care about, work with, know, or pass on the street.
Let us dawn this new day with open arms together.

Marijuana is now free!

"I LOVE THE FUTURE!"
-Randy Marsh

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but I've spent most of my life waiting for his moment. I've certainly profited along the way, but always from a position of integrity. I was thrilled my illicit canna profits went away. Why? Because all you had to do was play some silly state approval process game, get your card, and buy $$ from any one of hundreds shops in almost every town, some of them even selling a great product!

Was the situation perfect? Not even close. Was it ideal? Not even for the idealistic! But for me it was a step in the right direction, and I have great confidence that over time we will continue to take more steps in this direction. Not sure how long it will take or what it will look like, but we're headed that way.

I look forward to the day when I can grow a big ass plant outdoors at the local community garden. Lets just hope it doesn't get seeded with industrial hemp pollen!

outwest

putembk

putembk

I think you are wrong "sellout". It will be just like before. 90% of these beginners will never see a decent grow. Most will get frustrated, give up and have to go looking elsewhere. It isn't as easy as you make it sound growing this plant and doing it right. I still pay high dollar for better quality vodka and wine. There is a major difference, just like with this plant.

S

SatansSon

Some great weed out there in Colorado I'll say that. Amazing herbs! Respect to all ya green thumbed cats doing it right cuz I can hardly keep my shoes tied lately I'm so thouroughly cooked. Colorful Colorado, red gold and green? I dig it.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Some great weed out there in Colorado I'll say that. Amazing herbs! Respect to all ya green thumbed cats doing it right cuz I can hardly keep my shoes tied lately I'm so thouroughly cooked. Colorful Colorado, red gold and green? I dig it.

Try going barefoot to remove that complication.

outwest

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

@a_s
I thought about your dream. And as we currently know it, it will be worthless, maybe? Be hard to justify anything but floor to ceiling indoors.
But it won't be 'worthless'.
It will be worth more than it is now, a lot more.
And it will be spread among the actual farmers if we are lucky, not just corporate coffers. Were I live, it would put a lot more people to work. It is not the corporation that is evil, the machine does what the machine is programmed to.
Many people outside of MJ are working to reprogram the machine. We are working on getting it to use this 'new' fuel.
Imagine how much money is in paper. F'ing wood pulp!!! It's billions. Growing this stuff is going to be great for a lot more than getting high. This hippie is going to save some trees. International Paper rakes in $24B a year.

Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
They had a meeting today at the Dept of Revenue regarding the sale of MMJ. The proposal is that all sales will be via STATE RUN CANNABIS SHOPS. So, there goes THAT idea............
Better keep your Red Card!

Tripsick

Tripsick

Sweet! Will State Run cannabis shops finally sell Clean Meds for once? will it force the Medical Dispensaries to become state run as well? No way they are letting Medical be without the same restrictions as recreational.. I demand that all Medical be proven to be clean of Molds, pesticides, and heavy metals and should be handle by a pharmacist. State Run maybe a lot cheaper than the For profit poison pushers. :)

Bud tenders = work in recreational retail establishment.

Pharmacist = Government Run dispensary with proof that its Medical Grade for us that are truly sick.

Lawsuits for any bullshit found on your so called clean meds. The future is looking better and better.

putembk

putembk

They had a meeting today at the Dept of Revenue regarding the sale of MMJ. The proposal is that all sales will be via STATE RUN CANNABIS SHOPS. So, there goes THAT idea............
Better keep your Red Card!
Just read this morning that one of the things the this forum was considering is limiting the amount of THC in the recreational marijuana.
Can see it now...loading up everybody to go to the nearest pot shop to buy a bunch of Kansas dirt weed. Think I will keep growing my own. ha ha!!!

sky high

sky high

24 stoner 791927

"State ran? Limited THC? Regulations?

but...but...but...like......what about my job...you know...in the "industry"?

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Just read this morning that one of the things the this forum was considering is limiting the amount of THC in the recreational marijuana.
Can see it now...loading up everybody to go to the nearest pot shop to buy a bunch of Kansas dirt weed. Think I will keep growing my own. ha ha!!!

Yep, I'll be selling my buds to my patients, and my trim leaf at the State Run Pot Shops, assuming my trim is less than 10% THC...........

I have been saying this all along, KEEP YOUR RED CARD! AMENDMENT 20 is in the State Constitution, too, and it is way better than Amendment 64..... or just be happy growing your 3 plants in flower, per Amendment 64........ The State is all over Amendment 64, whereas they ignored Amendment 20 for 10 years, until it was way out of control.

A

A20Grower

A had a vision where the blessed prophet voters of Colorado had eliminated the drug cartel's most profitable product, allowed police to refocus their attention to greater threats, and opened the pathway for true cannabis cancer research and inspired a shift of consciousness that swept the entirety of the globe.

Do you realize that until cannabis is rescheduled from Class 1 there will be no research, no studies on medicinal effects, etc? Do you realize that A20 and A64 do nothing to this federal classification of Tetrahydrocannabinols (THC)? Do you think that BigTobacco and the Prison Industrial Complex will just allow the reclassification of this schedule 1 drug?

Don't get your hopes up. There's just too much money in it being illegal to ever be decriminalized. Our best bet continues to be medical marijuana. There are going to be more than enough rec users who try to fuck it up for the rest of us, plan on that.

another_sellout

another_sellout

First off, state regulated and state run are very different. I think you may be confused there. I've got my finger on that pulse, and I can assure you that we will not be selling herb like Utah sells booze. As for regulating THC levels, that's why I got a chromatograph. You can't sell alcohol without a proof, and you won't be able to sell herb without a potency percentage. Read the law. It's there in black and white, and not a surprise to anyone who did their research. And as for the regulation of THC, Marinol and THC are regulated as Class 3 drugs, and have been for almost a decade. Marijuana as an entire plant is what is banned. On that note, federal courts took the case to deschedule cannabis back in October, before the vote even took place. You guys should seriously read more and rumor less. Consider supporting CSMCC and SAFER your other lobbyists that are up there in the house trying to shift things our way instead of complaining about possible outcomes from your hands-off-and-bitch-about-it approach. It is an industry. Some of us have treated it that way for years. You're lucky to be able to complain from up on the shoulders of the giants that have carried us here. Remember that.

sky high

sky high

As far as my comments on "State ran" and "regulation" above...I merely made up a mock sentence paraphrased from posts I've read here on the Farm. Nothing more.

In truth...none of that part of the new law concerns me/those of us who aren't thinking about the "commercial" side of this equation or who already operate under Amendment 20. I fully agree that it's imperative to possess knowledge of the laws concerning the commercial side of this if you are heading in that direction.....however, some of us don't care about labels and regulations and chasing/lowering THC levels and won't be playing (into) that game. We will just continue to grow and smoke what we like, without fear, and will furnish the same to our friends and neighbors and their friends and neighbors.

"Same as it ever was..same as it ever was....same-as-it-ever-was..."

A20 petition...A43 petition...SAFER petition....Denver legalization initiative petition... we were out there for all of em as well. Hopefully the citizens in other states who desire the same outcome will follow suit. The tide of public opinion is definitely turning thanks to those early efforts and the new laws here.

It will be interesting to see how the rescheduling goes...and what the Gov't eventually says/does, if anything, to address the many issues that will arise IF they allow the commercial side of this law to be enacted. Such isn't MY worry though.... because between this new law and the med law....I have all the rights I need to do what I need/want to do and feel very good about my involvement in the many steps it took to get where we are today.

plant em up, folks!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Some interesting insights, take it for what it's worth (not really sure). A good friend of mine has been active in canna legislation since he was the president of his conservative midwest state's NORML chapter in the 70s. In 2009 when MMJ really started taking shape and dispos started opening up all over, he expressed a lot of reticence about MMJ and how it would play out, considering federal law, local resistance, and a generally unclear situation on many levels. These days he is singing a very different tune and expresses a lot of confidence in what A64 represents for legalization both in the long and short term. A few of his friends (NORML guys) are on the state commission and he has confidence that what comes out of all this will be positive and will get past a lot of the 'pretend' regulation that exists under mmj.

outwest

C

Cannabidiolator

Colorado has a year of giving it away free. What I find most important is that, until now, you had to wait to get sick before you got access to medicinal Marijuana. Now in Colorado, though the use of CBD rich strains, it is legal to prevent disease. Regular use of CBD, especially for those of us over 50, will add years to our lives. I believe that paying it forward is not a sale and currently legal today in Colorado. Would anyone in Colorado be interested in recieving a free Harlequin clone, the favorite variety of CBD experts, if they must pay it forward by giving a clone to someone else on the condition that they give it to somone else, and so on? And yes, a south facing window thats dark at night and a small halide in the open in any otherr room is all you need. The grow is cheap and simple when you don't need to hide.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Colorado has a year of giving it away free. What I find most important is that, until now, you had to wait to get sick before you got access to medicinal Marijuana. Now in Colorado, though the use of CBD rich strains, it is legal to prevent disease. Regular use of CBD, especially for those of us over 50, will add years to our lives. I believe that paying it forward is not a sale and currently legal today in Colorado. Would anyone in Colorado be interested in recieving a free Harlequin clone, the favorite variety of CBD experts, if they must pay it forward by giving a clone to someone else on the condition that they give it to somone else, and so on? And yes, a south facing window thats dark at night and a small halide in the open in any otherr room is all you need. The grow is cheap and simple when you don't need to hide.

We don't need to fucking hide any more.

outwest

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It's just kind of legal...if it were legal I wouldn't be in the shit I am dealin with right now..

It's a matter of degrees I guess....1oz = OK, 1200 or so oz's = Not OK....go figure

Tex

Latest posts

Top Bottom