IT'S OFFICIAL: POT LEGAL IN CO

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
It's just kind of legal...if it were legal I wouldn't be in the shit I am dealin with right now..

It's a matter of degrees I guess....1oz = OK, 1200 or so oz's = Not OK....go figure

Tex

We certainly exist in a broad and questionable state of 'legal'.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
much safer imo to pretend its illegal here than pretend its legal. :) a lot a growers cant afford or handle that drama....hope yours works out.

I hear that, but my paranoid ass wouldn't be active on the forum if I was pretending it was illegal.

outwest

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
it would be super duper cool if we could smoke carrots. >shred< >shred< >shred<

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I had a dream last night that woke me in a cold sweat.
Not my normal nightmares of Iraq.
It was a warm dream. The sun shone on me as I walked in serene meditation.
My hands covered themselves with hash as they brushed gently over the fields of marijuana that covered the Rocky Mountain hillsides endlessly out from my view in all directions from horizon to valley.
I know I was smiling. And then it happened. It all made sense how it could happen this way.

It's just...

There's no money to grow marijuana in Colorado.
Not anymore.
And I'm not going to be able to make money growing it anywhere in the world soon enough.

The truth struck me like a bolt of lighting.

A had a vision where the blessed prophet voters of Colorado had eliminated the drug cartel's most profitable product, allowed police to refocus their attention to greater threats, and opened the pathway for true cannabis cancer research and inspired a shift of consciousness that swept the entirety of the globe.

How?

One simple, shocking and clearly logical truth.

MARIJUANA IS NOW WORTH NOTHING.

What? I know.
Read it again if you have to.
Sounds ridiculous, right?

Read this:

Everyone ID holding citizen in the state of Colorado over the age of 21 can legally possess six, count 'em, six (6) cannabis plants at a time.
Three of these six plants may be flowering adult female plants capable of producing pounds of premium cured and dried marijuana with each and every harvest with the littlest guidance and attention to the plant.
Everyone over 21.
Everyone.
No dark alleys. No outside sources.
No reason for robbery. No more fears.
It's okay now, everybody.
It's okay!
Just a few pots in a south facing window.
To be discussed openly and calmly.
Like a rose, or any other flower.
Maybe like it was an aeromatic herb.
Or a source of grain, fabric and oil.
Without the long legal processes that were necessary to obtain it before, soon in laboratories across the state we may be even capable of speaking of it as a cure to cancer.
It's okay now everyone.
Marijuana is now worth nothing more than the common tomato.
That's right.
Go dig your out your bag of seeds, Colorado.
Offer six to everyone you care about, work with, know, or pass on the street.
Let us dawn this new day with open arms together.

Marijuana is now free!

"I LOVE THE FUTURE!"
-Randy Marsh

Only one problem with your revelation. .. There is still an endless market for the best flowers. Plus, not everyone has the disposable start up capital necessary, or the experience it takes to make it shine.

Beer is legal but how many people brew their own when they can go buy it.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Beer is legal but how many people brew their own when they can go buy it.

Good point, also most drinkers drink piss beer, Bud lite, Coors, lite, Come on, WTFs up with that???
As a drunk I prefered quality beer at least Coors extra gold, usualy would start my benders with that then work my into something like Sushine Wheat, Newcastle Ale or anybodys eleses quality beer guzzled when their backs were turned at the bar till i got caught and was tossed out..LOL...
I have a small group I supply with quality weed at fair Prices to help pay the bills, not getting rich or being greedy. We have a niche market, small scale in all we do produces quality allways a demand from regulars who wont go elsewhere when treated right...

K

kolah

"Quality" Coors Extra Gold is 17 bucks for a 30 pack, lol.. Coors and Bud own the piss market and are quite profitable to say the least . People drink what they enjoy. To each his own, ya know? I enjoy Coors and like the price as well. Maybe my tastebuds are fucked up because I like Coors. But I don't drink it just because it's cheap...I actually like it. And I wouldn't buy an expensive beer and pretend I like it just to impress my friends either.

;)

IMO the majority of folks will go for the cheap dispensary weed. I have also seen and smoked some damn good weed coming out of the shops. IMO it's not all shitweed. Again from a business point of view it's all about supply and demand but the important consideration is that the shop (or person) who has the best AND the most weed can can offer it at a great price. I frequent the dispensaries often to sample strains I may want to grow. I also know a few folks who grow for the potshops and it is damn good and clean weed. They are quite a few posters here on the farm that grow some dynamite pot which goes directly to pot-shops so I still do not buy into the mentality that pot-shop weed is moldy and chemical laced. Some of the shops I visit give me a tour of their grow rooms and we discuss their grow methods, etc. It comes down to numbers and take a look at cigs and booze consumption. The majority of folks buy the cheapest cigs and the cheapest booze. The same goes for weed. Yes, we'll always have the high end cigar smokers and connoissoir boozers but I think most would agree it's a tiny market for sure. I am a pipe tobacco smoker which is very connoisoir-ish and we are such a small group of smokers that often great high end blends get discontinued because the sales is so small and their is no room for profit.. There just isn't enough of a profitable market for the small group that we are.

Weed prices will continue to drop in CO and other "legal" states (man I despise that word legal).. If you have good customers who will pay more, you best do all you can to keep them. And more and more folks are growing their own as well. Honestly, I don't give a rats ass about prices. Let the pot shops sell and let the backyard boys and basement dudes pump out their own weed. The market will dictate it's own fate. All I want is for the pigs to stop ruining people lives over cannabis issues.

sky high

sky high

Many folks will be looking for the cheapest weed they can get high on....just as they do with their "beer".

And yes....many folks will simply go buy it rather than grow it...if that is...such a retail allowance is actually offered in all of this. However, unlike beer/booze....there WILL be many, many folks growin....and supplies behind the scenes will be far greater than homebrew beer/wine is/was/has ever been. How much of an impact home sales will have on "the industry" will be interesting to see. I personally think that word-of-mouth and sales as we've always known them...in private...between friends/acquaintances will continue to happen at a brisk pace....especially if the commercial weed available is sub-standard to what folks are cranking out at home.... through limited THC levels, pricing, or any number of other factors.

K

kolah

If any growers have already built up a good customer base and can get 400+ a zip, you are golden. My hat goes off to those who have that luxury.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
The largest market will always go to the brand who spends the most on advertising. America's taste for Coors & Budweiser is based primarily on America's lust for media (and Advertising along with it). That said, I don't grow my weed for that market.

Fortunately for us all, the very silly days of $400 oscars are gone. Even for the good stuff.

outwest

K

kolah

Way less than 1/2 that price works incredably well for us...

Yup, that's what I am seeing around these parts but there are some folks saying they gather 400. But then again, I have no idea if they are bullshitting me or not.

putembk

putembk

If these fuck-head dispensaries would quit advertising their p/m infected weed for $160 a zip it would be better for all of us.
If they continue this shit I hope they go broke!! I don't drink Bud or Coors and I live about 15 min from the brewery in Golden. Watered down cat piss if you ask me. I will wait and pay for the good stuff.

another_sellout

another_sellout

Cap-

Fine sir, I understand that we do live in a society where the "easiest" thing to do is sell the hours of our lives to someone else in exchange for a few dollars in order to purchase what we "can't" provide for ourselves. You brew your own microbes. Probably your own beer. And you're probably right about things not changing that much. I know that before prohibition, in Colorado alone, there were 2,000 cultivars of apple, carried by individuals and families to use just for brewing. During prohibition, they were slaughtered to only 6 known varieties. Prohibition was lifted and there aren't apples everywhere, are there? Sadly enough, no. We get fucking Coor's Banquet Beer.

This is what worries me. This is why I want as many free seeds in as many hands as possible.

With the industrial hemp riding piggy back on the law, they've attempted* to eliminate all rogue cannabis production from outdoors. Even seed sales are now allowed, just as long as the seeds are grown inside the dispensary where they are to be sold! Why not just give out all your bag seeds? We've got a couple good years left. Let's charge it! I've got about 20,000 marked for give away once I get back from Detroit. (Ironically, I'll be giving them away from the bar!) The purpose of this is to do the same thing in Colorado that made the Black Panthers the largest terrorist threat in the United States- education. Once you show people that they can provide for themselves everything The System provides for them, there's no need for The System anymore! The "easiest" thing is to teach our fellow humans how to provide for themselves, that these things that they rely upon are as scam, and then this simple plant becomes a real threat to a society and government where 15% of every dollar printed goes to the police and private prison systems that are the inherent enemy of the working class, and another 30% of every dollar goes to a medical industrial complex that keeps them sick! We're more than a recreational product and we all know it. If you haven't been blessed to watch Cannabis Cures Cancer, please stop what you're doing here and find it online. We've passed the "if" phase and need real clinical human trials closer than Israel and Brasil.

I have said that the cream of the crop will be at the micro-brew level, and I have heard in no uncertain terms that many of those smaller (and a larger bicycle logo'd) beer boys plan on making the jump across into this realm as well. The Mendocino brewery had some "secret ingredient" in their Eye of the Hawk for years, but that's neither here nor there...

All that said, if you do brew, I know where there's a grove of orange colored apples about an hour hike outside of Cripple Creek that escaped that genocide, wild and untouched by man. Endangered cider is the best!

*They still make plenty of hash in Morocco and India from seeded outdoor, don't they?

coloradochem

coloradochem

hells ya i say as long as its in units of six or a multiple of or divisible by you are good....made me think I got several turtles n lizards need herbs "medicinally" of course for gout arthritis nausea depression ..... the other half demanding there recreational as well....oh yah my mother plants have been around so long the stress from my crazy ass is bad trust me and they wanna grow six plants each for days off just to relax also....lmao I kinda need a job but never want the one in charge of policing 64.........ready set grow....

Lol thanks for the laugh

Top Bottom