Ive come to the conclusion. How do u deal with?

• Thread starter Tylerm1712
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Ok. My simple recipe is: 4 gallons of water. One 50 gram scoop of maxigrow or bloom. 60 ml peroxide. Changes once every week. Top up with water and peroxide as needed midweek. Aerate. I didn't even PH. Great finsh. And yield. Apparently you can go straight water and peroxide for the last 2 weeks. If you want to save on nutrients. Run 2 airstones per 5 gallon bucket.
What's the peroxide for?
Well idk I see a huge difference. But hey to each thier own... anyone else have pics they care to share of the difference or we just going by I didn't notice?

View attachment 1182196View attachment 1182197
Holy moly those are some white roots. Looking fine.

A brief synopsis of what I've learned from another read though of this enlightening thread.

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

Ok enviro warriors... plastic is not equal and the fabric pots are made from polypropylene that's BPA free and usually recycled plastics.... nursery pots?

This goes against evidence of anyone who grows in them and the facts of how they work lmao... im outs this bioscience based on bias observation thread.

Idk 1 gal fabric see to give some pretty big stalks and roots for me. Much more so that non breathable plastic.

I've looked at some of you all pics and case see why you lrob don't see any improvement and make the claims they don't work as well.

The info in this thread is just kinda head scratching. Maybe try the nail through the stem at harvest I hear it gives more resin.

Smh I'm out. Stalks 2x as big from using plastic pots... 🤔
The bag easily and readily releases micro plastic. And hard pots go in a pile at the landfill. Or spend decades jn the ocean breaking down into micro plastic. So. Bag still worse.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Ok enviro warriors... plastic is not equal and the fabric pots are made from polypropylene that's BPA free and usually recycled plastics.... nursery pots?

This goes against evidence of anyone who grows in them and the facts of how they work lmao... im outs this bioscience based on bias observation thread.

Idk 1 gal fabric see to give some pretty big stalks and roots for me. Much more so that non breathable plastic.

I've looked at some of you all pics and case see why you lrob don't see any improvement and make the claims they don't work as well.

The info in this thread is just kinda head scratching. Maybe try the nail through the stem at harvest I hear it gives more resin.

Yea, that's what I'm finding also on this front; low priority. Most appear to be made from a polypropylene type "non woven fabric"

This is what I can find on this issue;
Polypropylene is more environmentally friendly than some other plastics. It's recyclable and doesn't release as many toxins as plastics such as PVC. It also breaks down more quickly, taking just 20-30 years compared to over 500 years for some other plastics.

Manufacturing PP fiber from polypropylene is a process with low impact on the environment—no toxic waste, no toxic emissions, no fluorocarbons and no halogens.

Sustainability energy
TSD

TSD

Hey I admit my situation was user error.🤣 I know my ladies had beautiful roots when they went from the nursery pots to the bags, but again, I admittedly was watering incorrectly. Inside would probably be a different story, and I may try them again if I buy a tent... probably just not 15 gallon ones. 🤣
20210418 144156

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

I loved the concept of fabric pots, and bought 10 of them. After a couple of grows though, I switched back. The reason I did was that in each and every case the stalks of the plants in the fabric plant were small/wimpy. After harvest, I would remove the stalk/root system, and it was small, wispy - no large roots, just all little shoots. When I do the same thing with plastic, the root system is robust and much more developed than those from fabric. The stalk diameter is at LEAST twice as large.

As soon as I switched back, the plants again had larger, healthier stalks. Many growers online say that the fabric pots self trim the root system, and that the larger roots from plastic are bad because they tend to form circularly in the pot. Personally, I don't care if the roots are circular, or draw doodles. I like to see a healthy stalk!!

In some forum somewhere, a contributor advised to use a larger fabric pot to get the same results as a smaller plastic pot. He believed that the self trimming of fabric pots created an unusable zone that had to be accounted for. He advised using a 5 gal fabric pot to replace a 3 gal plastic. That made sense to me, and served to cement my opinion that I did not want to use fabric any more.

At this point, I am usually getting 5-7 ozs per plant, and part of that (I believe) is because I stopped using the fabric pots.

I just harvested two plants, and filled a 5 gal pail about 2/3s full with trimmed, dank buds. I used 3 gal plastic pots from Home Depot to grow in.View attachment 1182208View attachment 1182209
Ya I dont get it I think everyone has been sold this idea that fabric pots are amazing. First thing they always say is they breathe better. like i get it if you cant figure out how to water plants but besides that where in nature do you see this happen and it be a good thing. Air pruning would hold back a plant in my mind. Healthy roots tap out and search for water. If u have ur technique dialed in where you can keep a small root structure and adequately fill the plants needs then maybe it's great but I'm a new grower.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Ya I dont get it I think everyone has been sold this idea that fabric pots are amazing. First thing they always say is they breathe better. like i get it if you cant figure out how to water plants but besides that where in nature do you see this happen and it be a good thing. Air pruning would hold back a plant in my mind. Healthy roots tap out and search for water. If u have ur technique dialed in where you can keep a small root structure and adequately fill the plants needs then maybe it's great but I'm a new grower.
Healthy roots search out oxygen rich moisture, not water. There's a big difference. Roots don't grow in water alone; but grow rapidly in Oxygen rich water.

I think that's a bit of a misnomer, thinking that you can't achieve excellent compact root ball. To be sure it can be done in either type of container, but IMO, bigger is not usually better. Under sizing something isn't optimal either, but getting it just right. Nothing beats a nice thick healthy proportionally appropriate sized root ball.

It's a balance thing. Running your gear with less exposure to oxygen might help the situation if you like to close your tent a few days, and not deal with higher maintenance techniques. But getting that size thingy right is going to help in all situations.

Last edited:
Keifer2k3

Keifer2k3

In my area, there's a recycling process center that can keep up with about 1/2 the counties recyclable materials. They other 1/2 goes straight to the landfill. Garbage companies will recycle as long as they don't have to pay for it. There are no plans to increase processing capabilities. So for alot of people, recycling is a myth.

It's the corporations that are the problem. Not plastic straws (straws are .00003% of plastic headed to ocean) If you want to spit at a forest fire, good luck

Ponky

Ponky

In my area, there's a recycling process center that can keep up with about 1/2 the counties recyclable materials. They other 1/2 goes straight to the landfill. Garbage companies will recycle as long as they don't have to pay for it. There are no plans to increase processing capabilities. So for alot of people, recycling is a myth.

It's the corporations that are the problem. Not plastic straws (straws are .00003% of plastic headed to ocean) If you want to spit at a forest fire, good luck
We thought our country recycled too. Until we found out they just shipped the stuff to the Phillipines. Where they burn it for energy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom