K onto your recipe

RECIPE FOR MOAB w/out vitamin B-1 @ 1 tsp/5 gal:

.1 grams/gal MAP
1.07 grams per gallon MKP

this is based on my MOAB weighing 5.7 grams per teaspoon and coming out to

N:3
P:68
K: 80

when added to 5 gallons of water (recommended dose is 1-2 tsp per 5 gal)

.1 MAP and 1.07 MKP comes out to

N: 3
P: 71
K: 80

so its pretty close considering the small amounts being used. If you want 2 tsp/5 gal strength just double it. .2 MAP and 2.14 MKP.
So to make a 1kg batch of yours is that the same as the recipe that I posted above, witch I don't think is b/c your NPK numbers are way higher in your mix ?
Not sure how I would take the Cap's version and scale it into a 1kg batch..:inpain::inpain:

Then I can just take the 1tsp per 5 gallons like I was with the orginal MOAB

The ratio of what you posted is approximately 10:1 MKP to MAP so to make a 1kg batch, mix 2lbs MKP and .2lbs MAP together and mix well. Using the 12-61-0 for the MAP would give you a 3-79-81 NPK value(or very close anyway)

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
The ratio of what you posted is approximately 10:1 MKP to MAP so to make a 1kg batch, mix 2lbs MKP and .2lbs MAP together and mix well. Using the 12-61-0 for the MAP would give you a 3-79-81 NPK value(or very close anyway)

Thanks Bro for the reply,;) while I wait for the Cap Daddy to chime back in, I found a conversion calculator I came up with .2lbs =90.178 grams of the Map, 3-79-81 Damn that should Blow some shit up with the COMBO of the FIRE !!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
D

Dr.Greenn

Great info here guys! What are people's thoughts on monopotasium phosphate by its self as a bloom booster on top of jacks of course. I don't see the need for Epsom salt because there is already quite a bit in 5-12-26. Any advice.
Blue skies and green plants

turbo14

turbo14

Cap,

Are you using the MOAB formula over the Jacks classic booster now? Which B-1s are you using? I ordered some B vitamins from kelp4less, crazy yellow powder. Lemme know whats been working for ya!

much love

turbo

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Cap,

Are you using the MOAB formula over the Jacks classic booster now? Which B-1s are you using? I ordered some B vitamins from kelp4less, crazy yellow powder. Lemme know whats been working for ya!

much love

turbo
Damn Turbo, there's allot of good products on this site, SUPER cheap!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@oscar169

It looks like that poster is using npk ratios and not elemental ratios. The difference being when P or K is listed on a label, it is listing P2o5 and K20, which are not quite the same as just listing the elemental ratio of P and K.

P2o5 and K20 have to be broken down, and so usable/available K and usable P are different from what it says on the bag. The usable P and K is found through a mathematical calculation, which is why I use a nutrient calculator like the free one at custom hydro nutrients. This does the math for you.

So for example MKP is 0-52-34 on the bag. When you put this in the nute calculator though at let's say 1 gram in one gallon of water, you will actually get:

0 ppm N
60 ppm P
and 75 ppm K

This is elemental ppm (parts per million), the actual P and K available, not the "numbers on the bag"

You can make a liquid concentrate version if you multiply the required amount per gallon by 250x and then use 15 mL/ gal in your res.

So take a 1 gallon jug, fill it 3/4 full with RO water.

Add 25 grams of MAP and 267.5 grams of MKP.

Fill up the jug the rest of the way with RO water so you have a gallon of solution. You may now use this concentrated solution at 15mL/gallon, the equivalent of one tsp per gallon of powdered MOAB.

Vitamin B is horseshit. Look up the myth of vitamin B it's here on the farm somewhere.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@oscar169

It looks like that poster is using npk ratios and not elemental ratios. The difference being when P or K is listed on a label, it is listing P2o5 and K20, which are not quite the same as just listing the elemental ratio of P and K.

P2o5 and K20 have to be broken down, and so usable/available K and usable P are different from what it says on the bag. The usable P and K is found through a mathematical calculation, which is why I use a nutrient calculator like the free one at custom hydro nutrients. This does the math for you.

So for example MKP is 0-52-34 on the bag. When you put this in the nute calculator though at let's say 1 gram in one gallon of water, you will actually get:

0 ppm N
60 ppm P
and 75 ppm K

This is elemental ppm (parts per million), the actual P and K available, not the "numbers on the bag"

You can make a liquid concentrate version if you multiply the required amount per gallon by 250x and then use 15 mL/ gal in your res.

So take a 1 gallon jug, fill it 3/4 full with RO water.

Add 25 grams of MAP and 267.5 grams of MKP.

Fill up the jug the rest of the way with RO water so you have a gallon of solution. You may now use this concentrated solution at 15mL/gallon, the equivalent of one tsp per gallon of powdered MOAB.

Vitamin B is horseshit. Look up the myth of vitamin B it's here on the farm somewhere.

CAP, Did I tell you that I love ya man...:D Fucking Awesome, Thanks SOO Much going to make this when the MAP get here....:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@oscar169 did you get it going?

I will post my new formula here (analogs formula) if anyone is interested.
I have been reading till me eyes bleed , have more stuff on the way I will have everything by mid week already have all bags of jacks went with 25 lb bags, once and when I have dry salts figured out I will just about never need to go to the hydro store again !!!!!
Please post up anything u have can never have to much info

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have been reading till me eyes bleed , have more stuff on the way I will have everything by mid week already have all bags of jacks went with 25 lb bags, once and when I have dry salts figured out I will just about never need to go to the hydro store again !!!!!
Please post up anything u have can never have to much info

Yeah I have not been to the hydro shop to buy anything in over a year. :)

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I still have about 6 gallons of Heavy 16 to go through.....then I'm on the bandwagon as well. This thread is GOLD Cap......FREAKING GOLD!!!!!

Got my pyro clay in today and went and bought 40 gallons of EWC from a loca guy. Probably order my jacks soon as well.

Look forward to seeing your new formula! :watching:

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
This is not my formula, it is analogs from another site, but it is a very good formula at the moment. Attached is the PDF. Keep in mind that the formula takes in to consideration my tap water analysis, but if you look at the elemental ppms, that is what I am running. Full strength for flower, cut 75% for veg, cut 50% for cuts.

View attachment Copy of New Veg Recipe with tap water analysis.pdf
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
One thing to be clear also:

Part A is: AgSil (potassium silicate)

Part B is: everything else except for magnesium nitrate and calcium nitrate

Part C is: the Cal nitrate and Mg Nitrate.

I add the powder in to a 3/4 full 1 gallon jug, then mix well. Then I top off with water.

How do I add the powder?

Take each amount per gallon and multiply by 250. Lets look at the part C. I will add 250 grams of Magnesium nitrate, and 500 grams of calcium nitrate to the 3/4 full jug. I will then shake it until it is dissolved. Then I will top off and shake again. To use this full strength it is 15mL/gallon of water (in my case tap water). I got tired of mixing each salt in to the res so I asked buddy at CHN to give me an easier way and he taught me how to make liquid concentrate in three parts.

It is important to not mix the concentrated versions together. You need to add A, then wait for it to dissolve in the res (mix it well). Then add B, then pH it, then add C..

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

This is not my formula, it is analogs from another site, but it is a very good formula at the moment. Attached is the PDF. Keep in mind that the formula takes in to consideration my tap water analysis, but if you look at the elemental ppms, that is what I am running. Full strength for flower, cut 75% for veg, cut 50% for cuts.

So....I take it you have switched from Jack's to just salt's now? Are you adding molasses to this as well?

Top Bottom