JACKS BACK!!! Capulators new formulas.

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eebwen

eebwen

Does anyone know how to make a liquid concentrate with jacks hydro two part. It’s a pain in the butt always weighing them out

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Does anyone know how to make a liquid concentrate with jacks hydro two part. It’s a pain in the butt always weighing them out

Not always easy to do usually to make concentrates you need to separate the nutrients in to 2 parts to prevent them from precipitating out of the solution in order to concentrate them enough to benefit you. I would not even try and if you did it would likely require quite a bit of water to do so with out precipitation. I would just weight it out ahead of time in small containers.

eebwen

eebwen

Not always easy to do usually to make concentrates you need to separate the nutrients in to 2 parts to prevent them from precipitating out of the solution in order to concentrate them enough to benefit you. I would not even try and if you did it would likely require quite a bit of water to do so with out precipitation. I would just weight it out ahead of time in small containers.
That’s what I was thinking a two part mix part a jacks part b calcium nitrate

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That’s what I was thinking a two part mix part a jacks part b calcium nitrate

Sounds fine to me. would not go over 100:1 but personally I would probably just do 50:1 to be safe not know the ingredients

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Download hydrobuddy. Has an option for making concentrations and ratios for stock solution as aquaman linked. you just need to know how far you can concentrate it because stuff like potassium nitrate is usually split between 2 if concentrating it high ect. We are talking like 500:1 tho so I dont know how concentrated you are looking for.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I find the best nutrient mixes usually contain multiple sources of nutrients. You can achieve a better balance keeping things like sodium and sulfates and chloride in check while balancing the levels of all nutrients. That's why 1 part liquid ferts are usually not regarded as good. A lot of ferts use multiple sources of nitrates etc. to achieve a good balance of nutes. Although more parts does not necessarily make them better.

Unit541

Unit541

what would be the recipe

Dissolve 220g of 5-12-26 into 32 oz water.

Dissolve 148g of Calcium Nitrate into 32 oz of water.

Now you have two stock solutions. 10ml per gallon of each will give you an EC of about 1.2 (600ppm on .5 scale).

If you want to include Epsom salt for extra mag, dissolve 72.6g of epsom salt into 32 oz of water. 10ml per gallon works out to about 1.2g/gal.

With the above solutions, the 3-2-1 method is as simple as adding 10ml of each solution per gallon of water. You can adjust the concentration by either making stronger stock solutions, or just using more than 10ml/gal. The important thing is the 1 to 0.67 ratio of 5-12-26 and CalNit.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
The other option is just weight out like 20 bags of each in ziplocks and throw them in a tupperware container. I use 8 different chems so I feel you on weighing but i just weigh everything up once a month and mix in like 10 mins. Hate measuring liquids as much as weighing out powder. Basically the same thing. Same work.

Unit541

Unit541

...Hate measuring liquids as much as weighing out powder. Basically the same thing. Same work.

Couldn't agree more. I don't actually measure anything anymore for this reason. I just watch EC as I'm adding each component.

For example, if I'm targeting 600ppm, add 5-12-26 until I reach 360ppm (.5 scale), then add the CalNit until I reach 600. This is marginally more accurate anyway, as over time both the 5-12-26 and CalNit will absorb water.

Quite frankly however, over the last few grows i haven't used the 5-12-26 + CalNit. Instead I've been using their 10-30-20 bloom booster from clone to harvest, and I'll probably stick with it.

eebwen

eebwen

Dissolve 220g of 5-12-26 into 32 oz water.

Dissolve 148g of Calcium Nitrate into 32 oz of water.

Now you have two stock solutions. 10ml per gallon of each will give you an EC of about 1.2 (600ppm on .5 scale).

If you want to include Epsom salt for extra mag, dissolve 72.6g of epsom salt into 32 oz of water. 10ml per gallon works out to about 1.2g/gal.

With the above solutions, the 3-2-1 method is as simple as adding 10ml of each solution per gallon of water. You can adjust the concentration by either making stronger stock solutions, or just using more than 10ml/gal. The important thing is the 1 to 0.67 ratio of 5-12-26 and CalNit.
You are the balls now that is simple

eebwen

eebwen

The other option is just weight out like 20 bags of each in ziplocks and throw them in a tupperware container. I use 8 different chems so I feel you on weighing but i just weigh everything up once a month and mix in like 10 mins. Hate measuring liquids as much as weighing out powder. Basically the same thing. Same work.
I think I’ve just become used to measuring liquid mutes, thanks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

3 lbs jacks per gallon of water
8 lbs cal nite per gallon of water
3 lbs epsom salt per gallon of water

At room temperature.

Can you really get 14 pounds of salt to dissolve in a gallon of water?

Lol. :-)

H

Hwmpunk

Can you really get 14 pounds of salt to dissolve in a gallon of water?

Lol. :)
Each nute must have its own stock solution container. Calcium binds with sulfur and creates gypsum, precipitating out of solution. That's why jacks doesn't have calcium.

This is a max solubility and does not represent a ratio of feed concentration. Divide total number of grams by 3785, as that's how many ml are in a gal. That gets you g/ml

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Each nute must have its own stock solution container. Calcium binds with sulfur and creates gypsum, precipitating out of solution. That's why jacks doesn't have calcium.

This is a max solubility and does not represent a ratio of feed concentration. Divide total number of grams by 3785, as that's how many ml are in a gal. That gets you g/ml

I was trying to be sarcastic. You wrote pounds instead of grams.

Latest posts

Top Bottom