Jacks Cleaner & Jillybean Hempy SOG Tub

• Thread starter KAL EL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KAL EL

KAL EL

This is the tub, it's 14 gallons.
There plants on the left half are Jillybean and on the right half are Jacks Cleaner.
Straight perlite for the medium.
Fed with AN Sensi One bloom.
They are in veg right now, will be flipping soon.

This is just an experiment to see what kind of yield I get.
Tinkering around is what I do best. LOL

Jacks cleaner  jillybean hempy sog tub
T

Trillion

real interested to see how your experiment goes, you ever pulled off something like this before?

N

Nuglover

I've grown in 50/50 perlite/vermiculite before. Works just fine. Actually now that I think about it, the yield was a litte better than in soil. I'll be watchin this one bro.

KAL EL

KAL EL

I grow in hempy buckets now. I have seen the small E&F trays with 32 plants in them yield decent, so I thought I would just try this and see what happens. I have never done anything like this, so many plants in a small area.

KAL EL

KAL EL

Day 4 of flower.
The Jacks Cleaners on the right half are really taking off.

Tub 003
S

SkyHi

Cool man i like having shit like this aside from my main grow just for fun , will be watching.

H

HitTheHazards

I like it! I have a few girls in the cloning area right now. In a week I'll be running a very similar setup as you. What's the size of your bin? Is that a 10gal? Did you clone in the hempy bin? or where they already rooted b4 you went hempy?
Lookin' great though, you're doing a great job. I'll be here watching the progress...

KAL EL

KAL EL

The tub is 14 gallons.
I clone in starter plugs in domed trays.
After I get roots, they get moved to whichever system I am using.
I have been doing hempy buckets for about a year now and they are just so easy, so I thought I would tinker around with hempy tubs.

KAL EL

KAL EL

Day 7 of flower.

Next time I try this, It's going to be all the same strain.

Tub 004
KAL EL

KAL EL

Day 10 of flower.
The stretch on the jacks cleaners is crazy.
I might try using bushmaster next time.
They are getting just over 1 gallon of water per day.

Tub 005
Tub 006
KAL EL

KAL EL

Hey Kal. Explain Hempy syle growing.

Hempy style is a growing container, usually a bucket, with a drain hole drilled in the side about 2 inches from the bottom which leaves a 2 inch resevoir. The medium I chose is straight perlite, many do 75% perlite and 25% vermeculite. You get the speed of growing hydro and the ease of soil.

W

witchking

I got ya so the roots sit in the 2" area above the holes, quite ingenious. In my ever expanding search for the perfect grow style I may have to try that out. You can just make yout own right?

KAL EL

KAL EL

I have used straight perlite each time. I have used regular flower pots, 1 gallon grow bags, little trash cans and now the tub. If you do a search on hempy buckets, you will see there are many variations using the same concept.

Top Bottom