Janus Treatise on Growing

• Thread starter Janus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

hey buddy, I think Ive concluded that the DO in janus 24/7 watering schedule speeds up the veg growth to get you there quicker much like RDWC.

Im not sure Im convinced that it equals bigger buds or heavier yeilds assuming the plants are the same size I think both with put out equal sized buds ect, but something could be said for the ability to monitor the PH and PPm in your rootzone while feeding every 3-4days there is a little more guessing involved

thanks mrdizzle :) that's my feeling also. not only monitor, but maintain, change, and observe direct results.

i'm guessing the void fills with vapour, which gives a very nice environment, keep solution cool, and less susceptible to root rot.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ah, I see Cap. You seek the knowledge of the continuous drip that netted Janus the awesome performance that rivals DWC. You thinking of trying out the 100% perlite?

-TF

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I don't know. I was thinking of trying 100% perlite, but keeping the RDWC... see where that takes me. If I go that route I will root in my turbo cloner and transfer to pure perlite. I hate mixing media these days. For example, starting in rockwool, then going to 6" rockwool, only to plop that cube on a bunch of hydroton. 2 types of media, 2 watering schedules= compatibility issues.

I will probably do 3 rockwool (fill whole bucket with RW and suspend net pot an inch above solution), 3 straight perlite (buckets can sit in solution like a hempy but with a deep end instead of a kiddie pool), and 3 hydroton/coco mix with buckets suspended as well.

I am really liking my coco/perlite DTW wall o dank. IN time I may convert everything to that since I have space to easily veg 24" plants prior to flip. Then I could sell my chiller and all those pumps and shit too.

There is something to be said about the racecar, but fine tuning and monitoring performance can get a little hairy at times. Sometimes you just want a guaranteed point A to point B vehicle.

budfriend

budfriend

Yeah Janus helped me do his method. I started in straight perilite but now i would say i mix in about 15% coco. I started as an experiment and saw the roots where fuzzy around the coco. It is a pain to mix in. I water 15 on 15 off. Janus would drip with slow drippers continously. I read a thread that Heath had somewhere where he stated that faster flow rate created faster growth and bigger buds. I like this system in that you can constantly moniter everything and if things go wrong you can change. I even did two runs with 2 vert lights and 6 plants. One side 5g perlite the other 3 gallon in a 5 gallon dwc. perilite was better both times and way easier and healthier.

I talked to janus about a year ago and he said he was doing dtw sunshine mix #4 and getting the same results as his perilite but way easier. Janus is good friends with JK and has seen all his work to whose rdwc is argueably the best dwc.

Cap what is your dtw coco/perlite ratio. How often and how much do you water? Im doing my first 100% coco and first dtw at the moment. I water every other day. this is horizontel with 4 15g per 1k.

how do i use spell check??

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yeah Janus helped me do his method. I started in straight perilite but now i would say i mix in about 15% coco. I started as an experiment and saw the roots where fuzzy around the coco. It is a pain to mix in. I water 15 on 15 off. Janus would drip with slow drippers continously. I read a thread that Heath had somewhere where he stated that faster flow rate created faster growth and bigger buds. I like this system in that you can constantly moniter everything and if things go wrong you can change. I even did two runs with 2 vert lights and 6 plants. One side 5g perlite the other 3 gallon in a 5 gallon dwc. perilite was better both times and way easier and healthier.

I talked to janus about a year ago and he said he was doing dtw sunshine mix #4 and getting the same results as his perilite but way easier. Janus is good friends with JK and has seen all his work to whose rdwc is argueably the best dwc.

Cap what is your dtw coco/perlite ratio. How often and how much do you water? Im doing my first 100% coco and first dtw at the moment. I water every other day. this is horizontel with 4 15g per 1k.

how do i use spell check??

I run 50/50 ratio and water for 20 seconds every hour the whole way through. 5 plants will go through 35 gallons in about 2 days or so. I have not adjusted this in 3 cycles now, and the plants do really well with this regime. The plants are in 12 gallon containers. I started with 2 plants per container, then tried with one. I like one slightly bigger plant much better. less plants, same yield.

Mayeb next time I will switch some to 100% perlite. Its a work in progress. I run these int he same room as an RDWC. I have not had a chance to run the same strain in both, so I can't really compare growth rates.

budfriend

budfriend

Cool thanks for the info. I might try that one time. DTW right. I think a little coco is better then straight peritile plus it leaves a little cushin if the pumps stop. Plus a little coco seems to allow the roots to grow the fuzzys on the roots. I just mix it so the perilite looks slighly dusted with coco. I would say 10-15 percent coco. You can water as much as you want. Its a 5 gallon in a 5 gallon so there is about a days worth of water in the bottom bucket if pumps fail. I want to try with 10gallon. Next time i set one up I will try that. Janus always said 5 gallon was big enough though but many farmers on here would say otherwise. I guess i got to do a side by side.

The 100 percent coco run in 15 gallon is cool. Only water every other day and It could probably go a third day if need be. Im experimenting with less waterings for ease so i dont have to go check every day.

How many light is that 5 plant to get a sense of how many lights drink that much water.

J

Janus

bump from the ashes. after a nice break i'm back at it and in dire need of proven genetics. in the k family, good side branches, colas all the way down, no spindly/woody/hard to root OG, robust, indica dom, not worn out, ideally 8 to 9 weeks. oh and it trims itself too. j/k but since i've got the full wish list going... Something perhaps in the bubba fam?

J

Jalisco Kid

Must be a drag ,with your hat in hand. Wheres Ape when you need a bunch of cuts.
Well I can say Janus and I march to a different drummer but He is a cool dude you can trust with you cuts,I trusted him with all mine in the past and he did not torture them much... JK
I have some of obsoul's beans but I know you want proven cuts...

Latest posts

Top Bottom