chrometrichs

welcome back jk and thanks for the ebay heads up janus

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

You might find them cheaper since Darkrooms are dying every day lol

G

geemail

Drilled PVC for Airstone

I know it sounds pretty simplistic, but could I get a pic or description of the Drilled PVC for Airstone.

I am curious about the size holes, general spacing, length.

How big of an air pump is required to efficiently use this?

Thanks,

G

J

Jalisco Kid

Janus did you see that wide door?
If I know you I see my door coming to me from a vision of the future lol

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That door is not just for light. It keeps in stink, co2, temp controlled air, light, etc. IMO, it's works far better than even two regular doors as an airlock.

It is cool but IMHO not far better. IMHO it is worse. There appears to be a light leak at the top of the door. Also every time you spin that door it is working just like a squirrel cage fan or a paddle wheel in water. It is scooping up a load of inside air and stink on one side and outside air on the other side and exchanging them. A two door air lock would be more effective just not as cool. It would also be cheaper.

Two sliding doors would probably be the best because air exchange would be the least.

You have skills and have done a great job with a hi-tech method. It is an interesting thread for sure. There are lots of great ways to grow a bunch of weed. Hi-tech and lo-tech.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Wow! I'd love to be able to buy seeds. A real dream come true. Maybe I can run the males through my Centurion to make some hemp T-shirts.

You sound like you are in a clone rut. Seeds might rejuvenate your love for growing weed. There are a lot of seed buyers/lovers on here.

I’m new to this site and am here for a very specific reason.

You mentioned it so please explain what that very specific reason is.

J

Janus

I know it sounds pretty simplistic, but could I get a pic or description of the Drilled PVC for Airstone.

I am curious about the size holes, general spacing, length.

How big of an air pump is required to efficiently use this?

Thanks,

G

Variables such an volume of solution, depth, cfm of blower/pump, goals, etc. all effect the quantity and diamter of hole. There is no 'one size fits all'. Try 1/8" every couple inches and experiment. Every setup is different.

J

Janus

Janus did you see that wide door?
If I know you I see my door coming to me from a vision of the future lol

Nice try JK but I already knew about the wide version. On changeovers and large projects, 6 screws and mine rolls out of the way. A nice 48" opening...

J

Janus

Glad you guys are digging the thread/info.

Mr. Tobor. It sound like you have some experience with doors. I'm glad you like dual doors with an airlock. It's not my preferred method. I don't imagine it was your intention but coming into my thread and pointing out what you believe are my mistakes does not come across as very friendly. I'm obviously aware of the light-leak. (it's an old and very/worn out door and not a material issue for my setup) Also, that door does not move air like a squirrel-cage. Next, no thanks on the seeds as plant count is a very real concern. Last, my reasons for being here shall remain my own.

Peace

G

geemail

Variables such an volume of solution, depth, cfm of blower/pump, goals, etc. all effect the quantity and diamter of hole. There is no 'one size fits all'. Try 1/8" every couple inches and experiment. Every setup is different.

I can understand your reply. I didn't understand the science of smaller or larger bubbles determining the oxygen absorption in the water. I would assume smaller bubbles absorb more efficiently. correct if I am wrong. Thanks for your time replying to my first question. I'm still learning and this thread is a wealth of info for me. Thanks for all the information you have to share.

G

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
wow..bump that janus...soon as i get a little time i am going through the whole thread.Jk recommended i check it out,and from the first page you have a shitton of good info.Thanx alot janus.I am sure to have some ques after i read it through..looking to get some trees one day myself..Burn

j wizzle

j wizzle

what a thread...ton of good info. trying to grow trees myself and get out of these DWC 5 gal buckets with horizontal lighting, just need the cash to get it done. its coming very soon.

daRube

daRube

Janus? Are you still around and willing to answer questions about your grow style?

TIA,

R

F

fido

i have decided that i dont want the undercurrent anymore.....

wonderfully informative thread
fido

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Janus thanks for posting your finding and research. Amazing!! Not only your finding but the system you got going.

I reviewed the entire thread and I Got a few questions for you.

In your veg system I can see a vertical pvc pipe. Is that for plant support or for air circulation. Obviously via your flowering pics can not tell if there is one in the flowering setup. Nice trees.

Is your nutrient is re-circulating?
if so, what give the nutrient power to return to the res?

Any recommended brands of do meter?
infrared thermometer?

For plant tissue testing did you use a kit?
any recommendations? (for tissue testing)

Thanks for your time.

D

dusty

Two 1/4" feedlines flowing (low flow) 24/7 into 6 gallons bkts of big n chunky for the first 3 weeks after transplanting from bubbler. After those 3 weeks & all the way through flower, 4 drippers per bkt.

Perlite, IMO, is by far the best hydro media...

Curious why you dont use #4 grade perlite ? Do you just T off the 2 1/4 feed lines that are going 24/7 and put a dripper at each end of the T? That is how I would do it..but I've also never done it before and don't know if it would work till I tried! I'm still playin in dirt boxes...but this winter..it's on.

Top Bottom