Janus Treatise on Growing

• Thread starter Janus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Janus

That Haw is from RM. Had I vegged her for another week AND get some cuts she'd be the one I'd still be working. Beautiful plant with gorgeous flowers. I'd love to have more seeds of her. Glad you're headed home. I'm taking a little trip next week myself.

J

Jalisco Kid

You mean reef's royal hawaiian years ago, did not click. Since reef said you needed a scrubber next to each plant I was disappointed with her,but like a nice slut she did put out.JK
Edit:The plant behind the haw with the claw, I had a plant do that to me last year. I could not understand it,had nothing to do with nutes. It was in my healthiest(fastest growing)girls. Found the problem to be my MH's were to low and the leaves were bending for the light,remedy was raising the mh's.
Edit #2 Look how low your lights are,I'll bet it was that.

J

Janus

Nah JK it ain't bulb related. It could have some effect but I've found that some strains just like to do the ramshorn claw deal.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

hey there Janus, sorry if I missed it, but what style bucket system is that in the pics? modified hempy or KB's?

Thanks for all the good info

J

Janus

Krusty is the one that pointed me towards tree growing but I won't even call them Krusty Bkts. They're 6 gallon top bkts resting in/on custom RV holding tanks (rotational molded plastic). Top bkts have many 1/4" holes in the very bottom for drainage. Feed with 4 drippers per bkt 24/7. Lower bkt has no air or dwc. The drain is directly on the bottom of lower 'bkt'.

Glad peeps are finding the info useful.

Peace

Z

zoeronerer

Nah JK it ain't bulb related. It could have some effect but I've found that some strains just like to do the ramshorn claw deal.

i have this with an og from v13, la m.... it corkscrews when its happy at the bract's....weird shit in a circle .,......its pretty .....

B

Boots Sugarleaf

Krusty is the one that pointed me towards tree growing but I won't even call them Krusty Bkts. They're 6 gallon top bkts resting in/on custom RV holding tanks (rotational molded plastic). Top bkts have many 1/4" holes in the very bottom for drainage. Feed with 4 drippers per bkt 24/7. Lower bkt has no air or dwc. The drain is directly on the bottom of lower 'bkt'.

Glad peeps are finding the info useful.

Peace

Thanx for the reply Janus. Good to see your bucket method and success with it that way, simple hydro does give amazing results if the light is right

so in this set up the lower bucket is mainly a restin spot for a root mat then?

anyway, thanx

M

Mr.LovaLova

Nice setup, I really like the custom RV holding tanks. Your thread was very informative also, learned a few things ... glad to have you here. -LL

J

Janus

Again, glad everyone is getting something from here.

I guess the bottom bkt is sorta for resting the root mat. It's also to hold the top bkt. The porthole lets me peak and check the status of the drain. The roots hanging in the air always go to shit 1/2 through flower. The plant simply doesn't put any more energy into vegetative affairs and the ones hanging in the air are not too happy anyway. This is one place where JK's tanks with the misters would be cool. I don't mess with the misters as I get amazing h20 consumption rates and have zero other root related issues. Oh, and I don't get much more than a handful of roots finding their way down there anyway. They stay in the perlite and root autopsy at the chop always show great health.

Peace

T

Teresa

Beautiful Tree's ........ i ran Reef's RH myself yrs. ago in my bucket's.........i miss it ............;)

B

Boots Sugarleaf

makes sense, what style res? air bubblers and what not? style of air stones? Sorry for all the ?'s, but this is very useful stuff, and for people scared of "hydro" this kinda system can show where it's at and how ez it can be--I wish the coined terminology was "soil-less" and not "hydro". I bet people would be less scared

J

Janus

Large reservoirs, regenerative blowers for air, drilled pvc for airstones. It's pretty darn simple really. The blowers are not the most efficient for aerating solution but they're easy to deploy and don't have the clogging or mess issues of misters (more efficient at aeration). The blowers and airstones besides keeping the DO level up also keep the solution mixed.

t.o.med

t.o.med

in your veg unit do you have airstones in it and how many? i was also wondering what the dimensions of the veg unit are. does jk run the misters in the veg units as well as the flower units. kind of like an aero cloner on steriods. the other question i have is does the veg unit have a seperate res or do you use inline pumps to recirculate the nutes and plumb the water chiller right to the veg unit? sorry for all the questions i find the veg unit fascinating.

J

Janus

Tanks are almost 5' square. I dunno maybe 22" tall. A couple 3' drilled pvc airstones in each rez. Rezs daisy chained together with single pump pulling out and through a chiller and back to the top feed for all bkts. Not sure if JK runs misters in his veg tanks.

J

Jalisco Kid

Teresa Hola, janus you should see her healthy plants. That tank hold 260 gal at 5x5'. Yes I use misters in my tanks as the air gap requires me to do so. I was into aero before krusty so I guess I lean that way.T.o. med You should see that 5000 instead of holding 16 buckets I made one with 60 netpots, that made for a nice sea of green.
Janus is that a 1/3 chiller on those tanks? JK

T

tree farmer

where can you find those 5x5 veg tanks at. or what are they used for generaly. thanks. nice trees.

L

lime6161

Hi Janus. You mentioned using spray-n-grow. I have never heard of this stuff and got a freebie from the local grow store earlier today. He made it sound like a cure all for nute def and would turn any plant into a tree! Any tips on using this stuff?

Top Bottom