Janus Treatise on Growing

• Thread starter Janus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Janus

That foliar is helpful but certainly not necessary. Also, if you're plants are ill it def will not cure them. Use just like any other foliar. Good luck.

Could someone please ask an admin to unlock my PM and posting restrictions? At my current posting rate it's gonna take 6 months to get 50 and that ain't gonna work. Thanks

lol.

At the current posting rate you're going to get to 50 by midnight!

thank you for the posting. much for me to learn from that.

beautiful work.

respect.

gisisi

gisisi

where can you find those 5x5 veg tanks at. or what are they used for generaly

They may not be exactly the same tanks, but they look like the tanks on this page.
http://www.watertanks.com/category/16/
The last product at the bottom of the page is a 59"x61"x18" tank, 260 gallons.
I'm guessing Janus' tank is just about that size. $660

This page has some spin weld thingies. Don't know if they are the same as discussed here.
http://www.watertanks.com/category/117.asp

I claim no knowledge of these tanks. I just googled "rv tanks", and looked around.
That link was the 6th non-sponsored entry.

J

Janus

Out of office reply: I'll be traveling until Jan. 30th. Everyone, be safe.

J

Jalisco Kid

They may not be exactly the same tanks, but they look like the tanks on this page.
http://www.watertanks.com/category/16/
The last product at the bottom of the page is a 59"x61"x18" tank, 260 gallons.
I'm guessing Janus' tank is just about that size. $660

This page has some spin weld thingies. Don't know if they are the same as discussed here.
http://www.watertanks.com/category/117.asp

I claim no knowledge of these tanks. I just googled "rv tanks", and looked around.
That link was the 6th non-sponsored entry.

Those tanks are too lightweight they bow in under no pressure. I use only heavy duty marine grade plastics. It has to support 16 buckets as in this GM 5000/16 model.

J

Janus

Sorry northone, I've never used the smaller grades of perlite in bkts. I suspect it would work OK but the water schedule/duration would have to be adjusted back due to the greater surface area/retention of the smaller stuff. Please post back if you mess with it.

Peace

J

Janus

Classic about the bass fishing. ;-) Keep me posted on the perlite grow. I'd say, hit me with any issues or questions but it appears you've got the experience/talent to sort it out.

Peace

H

happyinmendo

You guys trying anything outdoors yet or all indoors? I want to see a pic of this door installation for the dark room. I've been hearing about it for years.

Good to see you are still going for it and trying to improve the bucket system.

Everyone went to drilled pvc after all, eh?

Drain to waste or recirculation?

If I was still running strictly salts I would have to go drain to waste with growmore and an intellidose.

Hopefully you are using ballasts with metal enclosures, that was a big oversight in my opinion when you are looking into fire suppression systems but have bare ballasts sitting on wood shelves...

J

Janus

All indoor, recirc, drilled pvc for airstones in rez, no dwc crap, and bkts perfected. Who the hell are you? I'm in Nova Scotia. Get some more posts or talk to someone in charge to get your PM privileges granted. ;-)

Peace

J

Janus

Two 1/4" feedlines flowing (low flow) 24/7 into 6 gallons bkts of big n chunky for the first 3 weeks after transplanting from bubbler. After those 3 weeks & all the way through flower, 4 drippers per bkt.

Perlite, IMO, is by far the best hydro media...

budfriend

budfriend

nice thread. thanks for sharing. That was alot of info. it hurt my brain a little. It like having the ec to high....hahaha

Im interested in just the straight perilite continuous watering. Im here for a reason to. To change my growing method. Been dripping buckets in trays with horizontal lighting. I product of to much surfing and going on trips the last six weeks alot. being lazy

Does it produce like DWC which is what i am leaning toward right now. Someone told me about DD's which got me on this site. I have actually never been on the net to much.

RIght now im leaning toward a combo of DDs and the undercurrent that i would make. I have probally read about 60 hours worth of info.

Back to the Perlite. Even if the yeild and quility were slightly lower than i might consider that because of ease. Plus DWC has a higher error ratio and if im gone for 6 weeks and a friend is watching that leaves room for errors.

What are your thoughts. thanks

J

Jalisco Kid

nice thread. thanks for sharing. That was alot of info. it hurt my brain a little. It like having the ec to high....hahaha

Im interested in just the straight perilite continuous watering. Im here for a reason to. To change my growing method. Been dripping buckets in trays with horizontal lighting. I product of to much surfing and going on trips the last six weeks alot. being lazy

Does it produce like DWC which is what i am leaning toward right now. Someone told me about DD's which got me on this site. I have actually never been on the net to much.

RIght now im leaning toward a combo of DDs and the undercurrent that i would make. I have probally read about 60 hours worth of info.

Back to the Perlite. Even if the yeild and quility were slightly lower than i might consider that because of ease. Plus DWC has a higher error ratio and if im gone for 6 weeks and a friend is watching that leaves room for errors.

What are your thoughts. thanks[/QU
You leave a friend with your plants that long you might lose your friend. Plants die easy. In dwc for sure. JK

J

Janus

Budfriend, I'll absolutely dispute the ability of any of these dwc systems to outperform my systems. Also, if you're looking to leave a garden unattended for 6 weeks, either you're an amazing gardener and engineer or delusional. Either way I can't really help.

Top Bottom