Japan

• Thread starter Farmer Jon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Pray or do what it is you do farmers, Japan needs all the help they can get.
If you have not been watching the breaking news, one nuclear reactor has gone meltdown and there is another on the verge. This is a big deal folks, Chernobyl wasn't on the fucking coast....
What can we do to help farmers, perhaps we can take up donations to send.
Any ideas?
FJ

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've made a couple of donations to ADRA and IMC since it started. Now the death toll is expected to be well over 10,000, an entire town/village is gone (?!?).

Start here: http://media.causes.com/ribbon/1032753
It's a list of orgs that are currently there working, briefly outlines what they're doing.

Illmind

Illmind

i donated as well being as how im such a prick i like to raise my horrible karma by doing good deeds but unfortunately that's not gonna bring peoples fams back and put everything back together again. i wish them the best tho

fractal

fractal

There is no precedent in modern history for something like this, it is an open book we are waiting to see what becomes of all of this. A lot of people are going to die from the nuclear radiation, that is the biggest issue at stake right now imho.

I'm thinking of organizing a benefit concert as best I can. A guy that I got bass lessons from a few years ago is very well connected and might be able to help me, and there is some land near where I live that I think would be perfect if not the local county fairgrounds are just across the road from the land.

jagle

jagle

i know its shame an all but its not gonna be another Chernobyl, there wont ever be another Chernobyl, it wont be that bad

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh... no, it's already much, much worse. The entire ISLAND of Japan has been shifted by 8', if I recollect. The death toll was that high in just one town/village, so they're looking at something like <10,000 people who haven't been heard from since the tsunami, in just one prefecture? Surely more are going to be reporting huge casualties. There is a volcano on the south that's begun erupting again. This comes how long after New Zealand? The plates are moving!

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Prayers & good vibes to all.. Wish the best.. Nuts..

The plates are def. moving. You said it, New Zealand and now Japan.. Watch out.. World is changin'

jagle

jagle

the plates are always moving, and unfortunetly that part of the world the plates are destroying each other and crashing into one another, and its been happening for millions of years, the earth will continue to do it long after we are gone, relax

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

the day the quake happened was acutally slightly shorter
japan shifted 12 ft closer to the united states and is 2 ft closer to sea level
sux ass but still nothing like india was a couple years ago
50+ aftershocks and they are still expecting another 7.0+aftershock

on the other side of this japan has built 50 nuclear reactors along their coastline and multiple directors of their atomic agency have resigned because japan is unwilling to build them elseware. they DESERVE to have a meltdown costing them billions of dollars, but there is no excuse for loss of human life because of this crap

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
The entire earth has shifted it's axis by 10 cm....DAMN
FJ

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Now it is being stated that Japan has not yet "technically" had a full meltdown but a partial meltdown "WTF" ....although I watched the explosion happen. They are saying that the situation is under control.
The news is stating the design of the reactor is such, that most of the harmful material will be held within the reactor itself. (Chernobyl still has molten material flowing within).

Corium, also called fuel containing material (FCM) or lava-like fuel containing material (LFCM), is a lava-like molten mixture of portions of nuclear reactor core, formed during a nuclear meltdown, the most severe class of a nuclear reactor accident. It consists of nuclear fuel, control rods, structural materials from the affected parts of the reactor, products of their chemical reaction with air, water and steam, and, in case the reactor vessel is breached, molten concrete from the floor of the reactor room.

Take a look at some pictures of Chernobyl, a true ghost town complete with a fully stocked military base. It seams people have actually moved back into the area...WOW.

FJ

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The Ruskies used hemp seed to pull much of the hard metals from the ground around Chernobyl.Seems one more enviromentally sound use for marijuana.Won`t work in the Pacific Ocean though. Wonder just how much radioactive dust will make it`s way to America if these reactors all end up in full melt boggie?

As far as Japan is conserned it`s it`s a shame but, it could happen just as bad on the west coast of America just as easy as it happend in Japan.Seems the world is full of war, desasters,sicknesss,and pain.I don`t know what I can do as I`m broke myself but I will pray for the world extra hard tonight.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

japan wont tell us anything until google shows it blowing up

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Actually I've already seen quite a few satellite photos, before and after, that are quite stark. Also, if you go to Google you can find the epicenter on the map (just search Japan earthquake epicenter). Click on the map and enlarge it, then click "satellite", where you'll see not only the topography of land masses, but also of the ocean floor. You'll see the GIGANTAHUGE subduction zone that runs along the entire western edge of the Pacific plate, how it leads down to the Marianas Trench (the deepest point on earth).

I have longed so often that I could grasp mathematics well enough to major in a field like geology (though archaeology has always been my first love), alas, I'm mathematically declined.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Take a look at some pictures of Chernobyl, a true ghost town complete with a fully stocked military base. It seams people have actually moved back into the area...WOW.

FJ

Sorry a little off topic:
Watch the Vice guide to travel they have a section on Chernobyl people started moving back 2-3 years after it happened. In the documentary they carry a Geiger counter with them and the results are insane. Can find this on netflix or youtube.

T

TheRealBoss

Worst Nightmare? Nuclear meltdown threat as Fukushima fuel rods 'fully exposed'

Worst Nightmare? Nuclear meltdown threat as Fukushima fuel rods 'fully exposed'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVCWGc173ic&feature=player_embedded

http://www.prisonplanet.com/chain-r...-reactors-in-quake-hit-city-will-explode.html

The US has moved one of its aircraft carriers from the area after detecting low-level radiation 160km (100 miles) offshore.

The Japanese government is playing down the scale of the disaster, however, experts have pointed out that it has a long history of nuclear cover ups, and that this is merely the latest.

Documentary filmmaker Tony Barrell says in 2003 reactors across the country had to be shut down after it emerged the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) had hid accidents.

“They had to shut down 17 plants in 2003 because they’d been falsifying the records about what had been happening at them,” he said.

“Lives were threatened, systems broke down, there were failures to report and there were cover-ups. People pretended things hadn’t happened.”

Barrell says several other major incidents have occurred and gone relatively unreported:

“A place called Monju, which in 1995 sprang a leak in its liquid sodium cooling system which made the whole thing absolutely red hot and had to be shut down immediately and stayed shut down until the beginning of last year – 15 years,” he told ABC News in Australia.

Barrell also pointed out that the Fukushima Daiichi plant should have been shut down long ago because it is now 40 years old.

Should other plants in Japan experience complete meltdowns, the entire country could become a nuclear wasteground, and the radiation could engulf large areas of the planet, leading to huge numbers of cancers and future birth deformities.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
well just in case the threat is a real one farmers I am on the way to get supplies.
Iodine pills, water, fuel, etc..
I have been awake damn near all night allowing the net to feed my fears.
It seams that there may in-fact be more to this folks.

If meltdown happens or has already happened this could be the flow of the fall-out.
Fukushima

is a live site showing rad in the U.S. it's updated every 3 minutes.

It may or may not have any connection with the events at hand but it is very interesting at any rate.
I introduce ELENIN and her position in our solar system.
ELENIN

You can go to the JPL website and adjust the dates and see that this heavenly body is headed in for a very close visit with our mother earth.

FJ

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I remember when I was young and the US did a atomic bomb test.They stopped having milk at school for weeks and gave us all iodine pills.We also had to practis duck and cover.Lot of good that would have helped! Looks like outdoor may not be a good idea next spring as marijuana picks up radio active metals from the soil.Well maybe greenhouse grown would be ok.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

so i guess nobody else is going to say it
maybe the japanese really should just leave nuclear stuff alone
hasnt worked out good for them so far

convex

convex

I wonder if the upcoming Supermoon has any influence here ...
If anything celestial is affecting us I would think it would be this.

Top Bottom