• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

Jerry

Natural

Natural

hmmm..bound to happen. guess the LOCKN showes are a no go. GD at Phish prices. I'll have to ponder this one. Trey is an amazing guitar player..but more fan hype for the choice imho. Stu Allen and a string of shows would have been a much better choice.
10525709 853564271349433 7137886311238991845 n

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Jerry and Graham Lesh

1IMG 3818

=============================================

The Night When Miles Davis Opened for the Grateful Dead in 1970

What’s that, you ask? Did Miles Davis open for the Grateful Dead at the Fillmore West? In what world could such a thing happen? In the world of the late sixties/early seventies, when jazz fused with acid rock, acid rock with country, and pop culture took a long strange trip. The “inspired pairing” of the Dead with Davis’ electric band on April 9-12, 1970, “represented one of [promoter] Bill Graham’s most legendary bookings,” writes the blog Cryptical Developments. I’ll say. Davis had just released the groundbreaking double-LP Bitches Brew and was “at somewhat of an artistic and commercial crossroads,” experimenting with new, more fluid compositions.
http://www.openculture.com/2014/07/when-miles-davis-opened-for-the-grateful-dead.html

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

The fat man smokes! Great Jack Straw... Firing on all cylinders
Third set is with Bob Dylan and Jerry on slide

Last edited:
Calixylon

Calixylon

Never got to see Jerry, but I'm so glad their music still lives on and is appreciated by millions. Love seeing Ratdog, Furthur, Phil and Friends, and other dead covers. Ratdog was the first concert I went to at the age of 12, I hadn't even smoked cannabis yet, but I knew I wanted to. Bought my first inside out glass spoon, opened my eyes to where I felt at home

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Tphat

April 1995 saw the commissioning of Jerry's Top Hat guitar which was very rarely played with the Grateful Dead or any other project and customized by luthier Stephen Cripe. Consisting of a walnut core with laminated cocobolo top and back, maple and rosewood neck, laminated headstock, fretboard with recycled inlays, and black Schaller hardware, the guitar was intended to be a backup copy of Lightning Bolt. Read more about Top Hat and Jerry's other guitars at http://jerrygarcia.com/guitars

PLOOKERKING

PLOOKERKING

I had the pleasure of meeting jerry and wavy gravy in the same day. Great thread man. In the era of ignorant poetry and a drum machine some still cling to the best.......i can still taste the jerry berries!!!

dlovejah

dlovejah

P1270416
Some of the shows I went too..Starting in 83 Berkeley... This buds for you!!!
P1030912
We debated on going to the farewell shows but decided not to.. The last shows at Soldiers Field were enough to put me off that place for ever.. When Jerry Sang "Visions of Johanna" the second night( I believe).. People were whispering in the crowd.. "Hes gonna die".. Glad I was there for the last shows but it was not cool for the most part at this point.. Both Jerry and the Scene...

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
View attachment 507264 Some of the shows I went too..Starting in 83 Berkeley... This buds for you!!! View attachment 507266 We debated on going to the farewell shows but decided not to.. The last shows at Soldiers Field were enough to put me off that place for ever.. When Jerry Sang "Visions of Johanna" the second night( I believe).. People were whispering in the crowd.. "Hes gonna die".. Glad I was there for the last shows but it was not cool for the most part at this point.. Both Jerry and the Scene...
That's a lot of tickets! :) I was born in 82'

Latest posts

Top Bottom