jj's garden

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

relyt024

08 harvest

ok, here's a shot of the last harvest 7-30-08. Room design has changed but the genetics are the same.

jj

hey i was just wondin in that harvest how maney ounces did you get or if you got pounds let me know and how maney plants did you grow, how long did they veg for
i would really appriciate it
thank you

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

u got me!!!

u got me hooked on goin hydro!!! a little leery but excited as fuck!!!!now i have some home work for you!!!i need a list of everything i need to run a 12 bucket setup....two rows long with six buckets in each!!! pm me plz with the shopping list...i want it just like yours bro!!! djxx

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

jj ck it out!!!

hey jj!!! look at the pass to the left girlz!!! the white, appalachia and trainwreck!!! and some kids!!!peace dj

MOM WHITE
MOM APPALACHIA
MOM TRAIN WRECK
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
damn dj, your making me feel like a grandparent, oh shit I am, forgot. Love to see an update of the girls when you can.

Obviously it's been a day or two since this log was updated but I've got something in flower that I thought was worthy of a few pics; Appalachia 06, darn fine plant if you ask me. The high is upbeat, not a night bud but a good bud for the work day and a decent yeilder to boot. This girl was gifted to me by a brother, :passingjoint: and it's been passed along.

This update is gonna be short, plant is 2 weeks out from harvest but I took pics along the way. In comparison to other plants it's a bit slow on the veg side. Took a plant apart once and got some root shots, figure that's a good place to start, from the roots up with a shot of her mother.

jj

7 14 09 005
7 25 09 008
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
These girls began their journey back on 6-15-09, which makes them just about 90 at the present. I clone from flowering plants and these cuts were taken on day 5 of flower from the donor plants.

I clone directly into rockwool set in a hydroton bed. Added a store bought dome but figured out an extension from some scraps in the shop. Works well enough. I lost one of the clones in this run. Had just moved and set up a temp. veg tent and the temps got too low. So some shots there's 16 other shots there is 1 less lol. This room is now a flower chamber and the veg tent has it's own place.

jj

clone day:

6 15 09
6 15 09 001
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I do a bit of tweaking in the veg chamber; little cut there little bind here. Makes for a bushy plant I hope.

7-02 (17 days) in these pics, cold temps kicked my ass when I was setting up this system.

jj

7 13 09 002
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Sup JJ? You going to start updating your journal regularly?

Howdy been, Thought I would update by genetic line. Got a couple decent lines so figured I could do a run of each. Pics of the same plant crop after crop is a bit boring LOL, went down that road before.

Plants in veg are at 2 weeks here in this shot. Dome is off around 7 to 10 days then they are topped at 14 days. Temps were still too low and new growth is slowed.

jj

7 02 09 002
7 02 09 004
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
day 22

Had the veg tent open for some updates and got shots of the girls at 22 days, these plants were topped at 14 and new growth can be seen from each node.

jj

7 08 09 006
7 08 09 010
7 08 09 020
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
28 days:

Things sure picked up in the last 2 weeks. I did lose a clone and sent another out so there were 2 empty pots, just for curiosity sake I cut a couple App clones that were 21 days into flower. The results of them rooting are what I expected, they get tossed in a few more weeks LOL.

Lighting for the clones is switched at this point to a 400w MH. The clones get 120Watt floro's for 2 weeks then a 250MH for 2 weeks. The 400 will finish these girls out in veg.

jj

7 13 09 002
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
week 5

Veg tent is getting crowded and the plants are getting too tall so it's time to 'crop them. They were topped once at 14 days, upper branches were topped again around 28 days so these are bushes.

"croppin in veg has it's benefits for me, maybe not something for newbie to try on his first run but it does work. Can't find one of the App's upclose at 'croppin time but here's one of another genetic line, they were all treated the same.

jj

7 21 09 012
7 21 09 022 Veg
7 21 09 001 Veg cropped
7 21 09 003 white crop 8
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
week 6:

plants have recovered well from the first "croppin. My goal is a bush coming out of veg, these are getting there.

jj

7 28 09 Appl
7 28 09 Appl group
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Flower Begins:

Timing was off a bit but the plants were ready for flower at just over 6 weeks. Running a very basic flood and drain system in flower, it's actually and old veg tray but it works until I can afford an upgrade.

The roots were losened up as the system was flooded and filled with hydroton. Lighting for the flower tent is a 1k dual spectrum bulb powered by a Sunleaves Luma 2.0 magnetic switchable ballast. The hood is sealed and vented with a canfan 4" inline. The tent is vented 24/7 using a canfan 4" attached to a 6x24 carbon filter.

jj

7 29 09 006
7 29 09 007
7 29 09 001
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Day 11 Flower

This is the fun part of growing for me, I just love to watch them stretch. Twist here, bend there, it's like building a sculpture over a 3 week window. This could be a 5 cola grow but I prefer to have 50 smaller ones, not as cool a pic in the end but the scales tip in my direction when it's bagged up.

Had a mechanical break dwon when I was getting these pics. Screen clogged and it overflowed, from this point on you will see an access installed for the overflow pipe. Was a true stoner moment taking pics and suddenly I hear water dripping, that is not a good sound LOL for a hydro system with 75 galons of water in tanks.

jj

8 10 09 019
8 10 09 007
8 10 09 015
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Day 10.5

These pics show what I use to support plants. A simple wood frame structure with string strung on a 3" grid. The idea for this grow is the plants simply grow up through it for support in late flower. Other applications can be done, using this same method currently for a Scorg grow. Just depends on the time and heigth its installed.

With these plants being multi stemmed there would not be as much stretch, sounds off but it's played true for me in the past. So figuring out when to string it was just a guess. Went with 10 days and trimmed off all the lower buds sites at the same time.

These pics and day 10 were actually the same night, you can see damn thing overflowing in a couple of these shots.

jj

8 11 09 013
8 11 09 011
8 11 09 014
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Day 24 Flower

Stretch is done basically, buds will extend out some as they finish flower but the plant structure is set. And that damn drain access is installed.

jj

8 22 09 013
8 22 09 016
8 22 09 017
B

been

Howdy been, Thought I would update by genetic line. Got a couple decent lines so figured I could do a run of each. Pics of the same plant crop after crop is a bit boring LOL, went down that road before.

Yeah, I dig. :afroweed:

Top Bottom