• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
like your style jj ! :D

:beer

Nice pile of bud, brother JJ! Have you shown pics of your dryer design on the farm yet? I'd like to build one sometime when I get the more pressing things done around here, and would like to get the ventilation/air exchange part right the first time around. Care to share a secret or two?

The dryer is my first edition and it needs some modifications. First off it's freaking huge, takes up way to much space. Second thing is it dries the shit out way too fast.

It has a 4" duct boost fan ($35 from Homey) attached to a carbon filter. With the fan running there is NO smell but running the fan 24/7 sucks the moisture out the weed in 36 - 48 hours, way too fast IMHO. Before these buds went in I attached a reastat to the fan but that didn't work, fan cuts off comletely below 75%. So I put the dryer on a timer and running it 15 min on / 45 min off. Seems to be slowing things down to the range I was hoping for. Original design was for 4 pull out shelves but only got around to making 3 and I hang the filter from the lowest set of rails. Still need to cut an inlet for air but for now it just pulls around the door opening.

Am going to plug a filter company most of ya haven't heard of, their called Foothill Filters, can be found on Ebay or at their website. Some guys from MO that build some quality stuff. I have a large one for the exhaust in the flower room and a small fliter for this dryer. Been running their filters for over a year now, no problems at all.

Last crop I harvested and flipped in the same night, getting to darn old for that so G15 went into floor last night. Cloned 64/64 but only need 40 per cycle, nice to have options but I hate to trash perfectly healthy clones.

jj

Fan
12 20 08 004
12 20 08 006
12 20 08 007
12 20 08 008
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
sorry you already covered it with a timer , good thinkin

P

ProGroWannabe

Thanks JJ for the dry-box 411, now I have some ideas. I appreciate it brother!

One more thing....is this the first time that you've ran multiple clones per bucket?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hey there JJ, nice looking dry box. Its got a nice looking harvest in it. So did the extra 5 days seem to help the yield?

I feel ya about those clones, I hate killing perfectly good clones too. There are a few things you could do with them. Find them a good home is always one option. Another is simply throw them into cups of dirt and throw them right into flower for a few extra grams.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
sorry you already covered it with a timer , good thinkin
Hey Zoo, the timer has helped but needs some tweaking. Bumbed it up to 15 on 15 off. At 2 days they were as wet as when they went in it seemed.

Thanks JJ for the dry-box 411, now I have some ideas. I appreciate it brother!

One more thing....is this the first time that you've ran multiple clones per bucket?

It's all about learning and sharing my brother! This is the third generation planted double in the SoG system. I did a double plant grow back a year or so ago but then I vegged for 2 moths and there was some root issues with that veg time. With this system there is no veg time in the buckets and root growth has not been an issue. One thing I did do different is increase the flood cycles to 5 during lights on and once during lights off. Theory is more frequent flood helps limit root growth, thoery LOL.

Hey there JJ, nice looking dry box. Its got a nice looking harvest in it. So did the extra 5 days seem to help the yield?

I feel ya about those clones, I hate killing perfectly good clones too. There are a few things you could do with them. Find them a good home is always one option. Another is simply throw them into cups of dirt and throw them right into flower for a few extra grams.

Took your advice Smoking Gun but I split the time in half, 2 on this grow and 3 for the next. The thing this line does late in flower is to put out little fingers (???) on the tops on the buds instead of fattening up the bud itself. Strange, not seen another full term bud show this trait here on the Farm

Other than online I try to keep a really low profile, my local connections are extremely limited. I did send 2 clones to a buddy but other than that it's in the dumpster for the rest of the clones.

thanks for stopping by guys:beer:beer

jj

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Those extra flowers are what is commonly known as fox-tailing, if we are talking about the same thing. Sometimes a plant will continue to do it indefinitely, but with other plants it is simply the plant entering the final stage of ripeness. Check out UKCheeseheads old Cheese diary, he has pictures of his buds fox-tailing much as you have described. In fact most people who grow the UK Cheese experience this, I did.

As for the clones, I hear ya, I have done that plenty. If you really want you could always send some my way.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Those extra flowers are what is commonly known as fox-tailing, if we are talking about the same thing. Sometimes a plant will continue to do it indefinitely, but with other plants it is simply the plant entering the final stage of ripeness. Check out UKCheeseheads old Cheese diary, he has pictures of his buds fox-tailing much as you have described. In fact most people who grow the UK Cheese experience this, I did.

As for the clones, I hear ya, I have done that plenty. If you really want you could always send some my way.

Appreciate ALL your advice lately Smoking Gun, props to yea buddy. The fox-tail thing I had never heard of before but that is exactly what this girls do. Learned something new:rock:rock!!

Not much to update on except G13 is now in the jars, buds are small compared to previous grows so I have to contribute that to the lower temps I have been expereincing lately as everything else is constant. If there i one thing that has kicked my ass from day one is ventilation. Get it set today and the weather changes tomorrow, utterly frustrating.

The new plants are putting on their 4th set of leaves now so they will be coming out of the bean system soon. Just out of curiousity what would be the harvest time on a cross of 8 week mothers crossed with a 14 week male? 11?

jj

12 24 08 002
12 24 08 005
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Appreciate ALL your advice lately Smoking Gun, props to yea buddy. The fox-tail thing I had never heard of before but that is exactly what this girls do. Learned something new:rock:rock!!

Not much to update on except G13 is now in the jars, buds are small compared to previous grows so I have to contribute that to the lower temps I have been expereincing lately as everything else is constant. If there i one thing that has kicked my ass from day one is ventilation. Get it set today and the weather changes tomorrow, utterly frustrating.

The new plants are putting on their 4th set of leaves now so they will be coming out of the bean system soon. Just out of curiousity what would be the harvest time on a cross of 8 week mothers crossed with a 14 week male? 11?

jj

Hey there JJ, no worries. We are all here to help each other. Not one of us knows everything about Cannabis and how to grow it, so the more input from the community the better.

Nice pics, those jars are looking really nice. I really like that second picture. Next to other garden herbs the Cannabis plants look like they would be very normal to see in an herb garden.

As for the cross idea, the only real way to know is to test them. You would most likely end up with several phenotypes, so one may finish in 9 weeks another would finish in 14. There is no way to guess what would happen in a cross. This is why true breeding means growing out hundreds of plants, selecting for desired traits, and continually working the line until it is stable. So if you have the space, time, and drive, go for it. Or even if you are just looking to try something out and have some fun go for it.

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah Smoking Gun is pretty-much on target there. However with this being an F1 cross, I'd tend to think that some of that variation would be lessened. If I were doing that cross, I'd expect to have a few different phenos that would tend to flower later in that 8-14 week time frame.....BUUUUUTTT, that all depends on what influence that male has in the cross. Will he influence flower time, or will the female genes dominate and cause him to not have much influence in that regard? So basically, breed, test, in-cross, test, incross, test......lol. You get the idea.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
and life goes on.........

well ms. jj moved this morning and I packed the camera in one of her totes so there will be no pic updates for a spell, figured pics of her grandkids were more important than my plants.

G16 was born last Friday and damn they are looking healthy, staying under the dome a few extra days this trip 'cause its cold!! The four PP plants are growing like weeds LOL and they are as distinctly different as they can be, one is a freaking horse and if things hold true it is a boy from past experiences.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Any new info on the grow, ma brotha?

The garden is chugging along, harvested G14 last week and it was probably my worst harvest ever, cold nights kicked it in the ass. One hard lesson learned for damn sure. Got a radiant heater in there now and temp swing is 67off - 74on and the plants are thanking me for it big time.

Still no camera so don't update the grow log much, what's a log w/out pictures? Packing the ex and the camera with her was the best decision I've made in a long time LOL!

Cant complain though, back home in western KY the 5 county area where I grew up and all my family lives has been without power since Tuesday. The mother of my boy has a tree sticking through the roof of her house and another tree on her Jeep. Can't get into contact with any one else as all phone lines are down and roads blocked. That fcuking ice storm was a bitch!

jj

p.s. Just got off the phone with my boys mom and she said it will be 4 to 6 weeks before they can get power and services restored. Looks like I might be getting some house guests soon.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn JJ. Hope everything calms down for ya. :yes

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Damn JJ. Hope everything calms down for ya. :yes

Appreciate it H-Man, if they do come up then the garden gets shut down. Would never put my boy in that situation. Do what ya gotta do.

jj

F

FastForward

That sucks JJ...good luck. Also really sucks for all the Western KY farmers who must be up shit creek right now :(

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Chop, Chop, Chop

The garden is gone. It's one thing to have some plants in a closet or attic but my garden was my entire basement, opporative word here is WAS. 189 plants now in a landfill. House guests will be here tonight.

Life goes on, appreciate the kind words H-Man, FastForward and Progrow

jj

P

ProGroWannabe

JJ....lemme know when you get ready to start back up. I'll help ya out with a thing or two.

Top Bottom