JKbeing in the garage.

• Thread starter jkbeing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jkbeing

jkbeing

growinman

growinman

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, jk! You must be finishing those gals up 'bout now?
Was curious if you have any outside this year?? I am gonna put out a few I think, even knowing they'll never finish unless I get up a hoop...... but I do have a 53 day finisher I'll try too... idk
Anyway, been awhile and I hope all is well down there for yah!!

jkbeing

jkbeing

Hey Gman, got just about a month left. Everything's looking great. After this I'm going down to one 1000 light. Just gonna grow for myself, so I can spend more time with the kids. I got 3 plants outside, just for fun. One seedling popped up outdoors and I got it all seeded up with those purple platinums, which of course we're all boys. I've been contemplating setting up a greenhouse in the back yard. I grew a few plants in the winter that turned out okay, very weird weather where I'm at (Fresno, Ca) this year. I need to pick up a new camera for some decent pics. Hope you have an awesome holiday weekend, Gman.

growinman

growinman

Hey hey, you being too quiet, JK, lol! You must be havin' too much fun with the fam and all! Good for you! I hope that harvest turned out well for you bro!!

jkbeing

jkbeing

Hey hey, you being too quiet, JK, lol! You must be havin' too much fun with the fam and all! Good for you! I hope that harvest turned out well for you bro!!
Didn't have the proper time to invest, 50 plus hour weeks in 95 degree or more weather, got me slackin on the garden. I harvested enough to take me through 4 to 5 months. When I start back I'm gonna drop to just a single 1000w. I tore down 2/3 of the room today.

jkbeing

jkbeing

My family and I are doing great. The youngest just turned 2, middle son is a wild 4 year old, and the oldest just finished 3rd grade. I've been a full time HVAC tech for two years now. My wife of ten years still smiles when she sees me. I'm looking forward to going to Hawaii in December, first I got to make it though the summer though.... it's all good.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I feel ya on that. Just completely redid my set up to handle these hot ass so cal summers. Lotsa insulation! Good luck with everything man

growinman

growinman

Forgot you are an HVAC Tech, jk..... I had to skip using my mini this year cause it needs a recharge....after a N leak test and shorten and reflare a the lineset.... $500 is the best I can find and mmj friendly too, lol. I understand it costing quite a bit, but 500? I had 300 put aside to do it so ended up just getting a window shaker and cutting a hole in my shed for now. I have no neighbor really, a good 1000ft away....so a little smell will have to do this last summer of running legal in WA.....July '16 it all changes and we can only grow 4, lol.....
Anyway, I reading a thread on IC and came across a guys thread that shows how to diy a window shaker into a split system......looked real cool and made sense. I keep negative pressure via filtered exhaust and haven't noticed any smell off the ac now, albeit on my second night.....but she's running mid 70's in dere!
So what would you charge Jo Schmoe for that service call I need??----not including your trip charge, lol!!

Sounds way warm down there!!! I think we be gettin' your weather lately
peace,
gman

jkbeing

jkbeing

after a N leak test and shorten and reflare a the lineset.... $500 is the best I can find and mmj friendly too, lol. I understand it costing quite a bit, but 500?
Prices can get pretty wild for hvac work, the company I'm at charges $95 an hour, your situation would take roughly 2.5 to 4 hours. Then it's $31.25 per pound of r410a. If I was in Los Angeles, I would be charging double my hourly and triple my material. Another thing, I find half the people I work with are not good at their job. Always ask for the senior tech to come out, that way you get your money's worth.
Hope that helps Gman,
JKBeing

jkbeing

jkbeing

I feel ya on that. Just completely redid my set up to handle these hot ass so cal summers. Lotsa insulation! Good luck with everything man
Thanks, Ronvmpc
My last electric bill was $700(34cents/kwh). Looking forward to the next bill fo'sho! Then I'm gonna start investing in material for the fall.
JKBEING

growinman

growinman

Hey hey, JK! What's up down younder?? You gonna squeeze in a grow before HI?? I am getting a bit excited and hope to get both my rooms to capacity asap now that fall is on the horizon! I imagine you have the nice winter beaches in HI keeping you excited!
Anyway, I sure hope all is well for you and your family!! I cant believe the lil one is already 2...... it's no joke how time flies the older yah get, lol!!
Peace and wellbeing to you!!
gman

jkbeing

jkbeing

Hey Gman, how is you situation going with the legal state? I've got to outdoor plants almost getting there, just need it to cool down for them to finish. 100 degrees for the next few days here. I have one 1000w room in my garage that is almost a week into flowering with some KimzXRhinocrack. My veg chamber has a few usuals, and I bought a pack of BOG's Sour Boggle that I got 4 seedlings going good outta 5.
The fam is doing good. Works been a bit slow, too many new hires.
Unless I do good on my garden this year, probibly won't be able to afford Hi this year, wish me luck.

growinman

growinman

I most definitely wish you luck and more!! That would be a bummer to need to put it off-----so fingers are crossed your garden kicks ass! Wow, didn't realize it was so warm there still.....finally got our record breaking summer turning to fall now. And to think this was one of the first years I didn't at least have a few plants outside. The rains are just now starting back up and highs in the 60's----->will take that over the 100+!

The legal state.....? Legalization, imo, has and is creating more problems than not. It's all about the state making $$ and there's no room for the small guy, anywhere accept jail. Even the I502 legal grows and shops have a hard time with all the rules and regs. Only the few elite($$$$) guys are going to end up with the control, them and the Liquor and Cannabis Control Board. If you join the state registry and have medical need(your primary care provider only) you can grow 4 plants, or have four in flower anyway. Anybody else can grow one----maybe it's two. My op is back in the early nineties.....so haven't really been paying too much attn. to the legal any longer. I went to all the rallies and protest in Olympia and everybody wanted legalization.........this is what's it's gotten us so far. Everybody buying the legal weed are spending 2x 3x what they were and getting shit for the most part, although they are getting better I hear. Nothing really changes until next July except most off the dispensaries are getting closed(Haha---they wouldn't support us when we were protesting the new laws, figuring there'd be a way for themselves to become legal, and now they have to close, haha again!)

I am running pretty much the same gear, although searching a keeper Stomper x Stardog that was done by GoD. That Kimz you run sure would be a treat to sample ;-)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you for sure!!

Top Bottom