Joe's Grow Show Pt. 1: The Coco Diaries

• Thread starter Thejoeybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Sounds cool. The taste difference will be interesting for sure. Does the Gnome water his the same? And you talking about rocks or expanded clay or does it matter?
He uses growstones. It’s a brand it’s made out of recycled glass actually but in this one I used lava rocks. But I don’t think it matters as much. Always willing to try something out and use it if it works well...
The jury is still out. Hahaha

Wisher619

Wisher619

He uses growstones. It’s a brand it’s made out of recycled glass actually but in this one I used lava rocks. But I don’t think it matters as much. Always willing to try something out and use it if it works well...
The jury is still out. Hahaha
so what is the difference between Gnomes mix and Roots Organic original besides the addition of Growstones?

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

so what is the difference between Gnomes mix and Roots Organic original besides the addition of Growstones?
I just looked at the roots original. I guess not much. What is the ratio in the roots? 1 part coco to 1 part peat mix?
Either way I didn’t intend to describe it as something like a built from scratch organic soil mix. Just a mix he has used for a long time with good results.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I just looked at the roots original. I guess not much. What is the ratio in the roots? 1 part coco to 1 part peat mix?
Either way I didn’t intend to describe it as something like a built from scratch organic soil mix. Just a mix he has used for a long time with good results.
hahah
yeah I know
I just figured if he got roots original and threw growstones in it would be about the same
I think it is just missing the fish and crab meal
that ish is super cheap though
could always mix it in

NewEngland

NewEngland

Good luck Joe. I just finished my first Coco grow with 6 strains and am in the early stages of my second cycle. Lots learned. I'm i two 8x4 tents, intake and outake in both tents along with preventatives every three to five days and daily feed 6 - flush 1, will be feeding 2 and flushing 1 this cycle. My primary issue last run was heat durng the summer months in inside the tent and losing accuracy of my flower period. I ran a little too long. Cure was very good. I stand by a 5.8-5.9pH. Also , am sensitive to not pHing up and down. Its one or the other or toss it and start again. My two cents. Yield and quality were surprisingly much higher than I expected for the first run.

G gnome

G gnome

hahah
yeah I know
I just figured if he got roots original and threw growstones in it would be about the same
I think it is just missing the fish and crab meal
that ish is super cheap though
could always mix it in
Ive used roots organics and prefer the mix i make....dont think id save much money neither. Root organics has pumice in it. Mine seems to hold less water and allows for more frequent feedings.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

will be home tonight
I'll take pics when I get there
been in San Diego Since Thursday
Nice!
Good luck Joe. I just finished my first Coco grow with 6 strains and am in the early stages of my second cycle. Lots learned. I'm i two 8x4 tents, intake and outake in both tents along with preventatives every three to five days and daily feed 6 - flush 1, will be feeding 2 and flushing 1 this cycle. My primary issue last run was heat durng the summer months in inside the tent and losing accuracy of my flower period. I ran a little too long. Cure was very good. I stand by a 5.8-5.9pH. Also , am sensitive to not pHing up and down. Its one or the other or toss it and start again. My two cents. Yield and quality were surprisingly much higher than I expected for the first run.
sweet brotha! Got any pics? Feel free to post em here we live pics.
I’m with you on the ph up and down. I just adjust my mix to the correct ph. I haven’t use upnor down in 6 months. Only if mandatory. Environment is the most important thing. I keep my temps within 2-3 degrees for lights on and 2-3 degrees for lights out.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

What were you growing in before coco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom