• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
jipp

jipp

hah looks similar eh. :D
IMG 5963

as for the seed at this point you could try to take a nail file and scrape it open and get to the embryo.

bowl up!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

What strain ya growin there?
White widow and Jack Herer flowering now. Both from growers choice seeds.
Got all the cuts growin g at my brothers and I just popped the rest of both of them to see if theres any better keepers. Not losing my cut again! Hahah.
I love the frostiness, structure and density. Hoping for a little more swell tho. They are fems. Probably won't go with fems again. No issues just eh

Also just popped some Fire OG x 24k. (Think of a name...go). Hahah. And a couple Chemdog 91 bagseed from some fire. Worth a shot. Lol

sun

sun

What up guys.
Does anyone have any secrets to germinating finicky seeds. I have 4 seeds that don't want to pop
They appear to be good seeds so I don't want to trash them just yet.
I had them in shot glass for a day then in paper towel for past 2 days.
All the rest have sprouted
No biggie just don't want to give up just yet.

Also got a special kid in the group. Never seen this before except on one of @jipp lol
I think yours had 4 cotyledons tho right? Mine has 3. Lol

sometimes if im germinating older seed , and i have a hard time i'll scuff them before the soak.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

sometimes if im germinating older seed , and i have a hard time i'll scuff them before the soak.
Ya. I think I will scuff them up a little and soak in h2o2 today. Thanks! I forgot I have heard that before. Don't know why I didn't try that. Lol. I've been pretty lucky with seeds and haven't had too hard of a time popping until these. Lol. Thanks bro.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Posted this over in Events thread but figure I should post it here too.
I basically want to know hoy you guys judge when to start flushing on a new strain you are running the first time.
I know everyone has different ways and I'm gonna try to push her as long as possible

First. I know the hps light makes for shitty trich pics and I know there's really no telling for sure on the first run of something. I want a solid 2 week flush.
Trichs are turning a lot of milky but no ambers yet and still a lot of clear.
Leme know what you guys do. I'd obviously rather go longer than shorter but also they're fem seeds and i dont want them to start throwing nanners.
Pics with my loupe and iPhone. Lol. Those are all different buds.

ALSO I am NOT asking if I should flush or harvest now. I can make those decisions. Lol. She still has work to do. I'm just asking what you guys do in this situation. Thanks guys. Lol

IMG 8044
IMG 8045
IMG 8046
IMG 8047
IMG 8048
IMG 8049
sun

sun

i have had them i have never seen 3 cotyledons though . i found a number of 7 leaved clovers this year.

ive flowered one that grew normal flowers . triploids are where its at not sure how those work ,with whorled phylotaxy. suposed to be a big deal , it may or may not be one. do a search . someone is breading for whorled phylotoxy

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

i have had them i have never seen 3 cotyledons though . i found a number of 7 leaved clovers this year.

ive flowered one that grew normal flowers . triploids are where its at not sure how those work ,with whorled phylotaxy. suposed to be a big deal , it may or may not be one. do a search . someone is breading for whorled phylotoxy
Will do. Thanks brotha!

TheRemer

TheRemer

What up guys.
Does anyone have any secrets to germinating finicky seeds. I have 4 seeds that don't want to pop
They appear to be good seeds so I don't want to trash them just yet.
I had them in shot glass for a day then in paper towel for past 2 days.
All the rest have sprouted
No biggie just don't want to give up just yet.

Also got a special kid in the group. Never seen this before except on one of @jipp lol
I think yours had 4 cotyledons tho right? Mine has 3. Lol
Sand paper works for me. Iv had seeds not crack fer a long time then scracth the coat and they crawl out. E z p z.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Update guys.
There starting to swell like I wanted. I may have had a ph issue for a week or two as I used a borrowed pen until my new one came. Been about a week since I switched to botanicare and got the new pen. They seem to be bulking up. Gettin that late push

Outdoor girls are movin right along. Both are just under 6' tall. The in ground has gotten no water in over a month. Nothing at all. She's the healthiest plant I have at this point. Hahaha

The seedlings are shooting up. Tap roots coming out of the bottom holes. I'm crossing my fingers my triploid stays that way as it grows

Another week or so and we'll start the flush. I'm really gonna push them. Waiting till I see a few ambers to start the flush

IMG 8113
IMG 8117
IMG 8135
IMG 8136
IMG 8137
IMG 8139
IMG 8142
IMG 8143
IMG 8150
IMG 8151
Status
Not open for further replies.