Joe's Grow Show Pt. 1: The Coco Diaries

• Thread starter Thejoeybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

I flushed for like 13 days. It wasn't tap water I use RO. The first 5 days or so I use like 150 ppm mix then the last 7-8 I used straight RO
I'm running the strains again along with some Fire OG so I'm lookin to see if I can't get more out of them now that I k owbthem a little better
I Do something similar for 2 weeks,
now I cut the feeding to about 300ppm for 7 days then 0-50ppm for the last 7. Seems to keep the plant steady bulking and not eating itself to death ..

RosevilleKid

RosevilleKid

Man it's been a while since I updated this thing. I've been hanging around events stoop too much. Hahaha
Any way I harvested the white widow and the Jack Herer. They are in jars currently.
I'm very happy with the quality of all of them. I think I had a lockout toward the end of flower that gave me a phosphorus issue so I don't think they bulked up as much as they could have. Nonetheless they are all very dense sticky.
Smoke report soon. I've only tested a few hits of them.

The outdoor girls are moving right along. Starting to get nice and frosty. The in ground one is still flourishing. She's kicking ass. I haven't given her any water at all since early July. Not even a drop. She's completely grown herself with the native soil. I didn't add anything to it at all

The babies are getting bigger and finally dialing in. I had a heat issue for a few days as they were in another non AC room while the others finished. We had record heat and a few were seedlings with 1 or 2 sets of leaves so it was hard on a few of them. Took a few days but they've all bounced back. The ones on the left in the picture are a few days behind the ones on right. And they were smaller in the heat wave so took it a little harder but they're starting to catch up to the others.
Nevermind the snake nest of drip lines. Been working 10s and have had no time for anything. Plus once I cull the males I will do a final organization of them when I k ow how many I have and see if I'm using a screen or stakes. If I have trouble sexing and I decide on a screen I will leave the ones in question toward the outside where I Also need to hard wire in my power box for the gavitas. You can see the romex on the left in the pic. I ran the wire just have to wire it in and set it up. Been super busy at work. Lol. I really need to clean it up a lil. I will soon

Sorry for the book but it's been a while since I updated. Hahah
proper work sir!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

proper work sir!
Thank you brotha! Funny you're Roseville kid I've been working up your way past couple weeks. Well Windsor area. Damn 2 hour commute.

Anyway might as well update the thread.
All the babies are turnin into kids. Lol.
Flip coming up this Sunday so we can sex these babies out and find some keeper then start really dialing them in.

I've been usin a new technique I learned from wisher.
I've been clipping. The top baby fan leaves on all the tallest shoots and main stem.
This allows all the other shops to catch up to the others without topping at all.
You end up with that beautiful bush structure we look for with topping WITHOUT losing your main apical stem.
Look for yourself.

Top 6 pics are the last day or so
Bottom 3 pics are about a week ago

IMG 9375
IMG 9376
IMG 9377
IMG 9361
IMG 9363
IMG 9364
IMG 9393
IMG 9394
IMG 9395
RosevilleKid

RosevilleKid

Thank you brotha! Funny you're Roseville kid I've been working up your way past couple weeks. Well Windsor area. Damn 2 hour commute.

Flip coming up this Sunday so we can sex these babies out and find some keeper then start really dialing them in.

I've been clipping. The top baby fan leaves on all the tallest shoots and main stem.
This allows all the other shops to catch up to the others without topping at all.
You end up with that beautiful bush structure we look for with topping WITHOUT losing your main apical stem.
Look for yourself.

no longer in roseville...was @MIKEZILLA ....divorce forced me under ground for a while...but Im back with a vengence! I do frequent roseville still the name RosevilleKidd... my only ties to there is my Kid...herb was the catalyst for said divorce...my garden and genetic librart pretty much obliarated by her family...saved only a few that I could by a branch! any...proper work! keep it lit and keep that mufuka green!

Irietime

Irietime

Look for yourself.

Looking really nice! So what did you do with the clipping of leaves to get the other branches to catch up? Can you elaborate a bit on that, sounds like something I want to learn:)

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Looking really nice! So what did you do with the clipping of leaves to get the other branches to catch up? Can you elaborate a bit on that, sounds like something I want to learn:)
So what I do is clip the very top tiny tiny leaves at the tip of the tallest shoots.
Starting with the main branch at about 12" tall
Then again a week later to all the shoots that are taller than the rest. In order to let the others catch up.
When I say top fan leaves I mean the very very tiny ones. If they have even 1/32" of a stem I carefully remove them. And maybe the set or 2 below. See the pics below
What this does is re direct auxins to other shoots to catch up but the stem you clip will regain dominance.
So it does the job of topping but you don't lose the apical branch with the big fat cola. When you top it never gets as big as the main branch would have.

@Wisher619 taught me this. Please wish if I'm missing something or messing something up let us know. I recommend you go over to @EventHorizan thread as we have been talking and learning this in ver very long detailed convos.

First pic is first time at 12"
Second pic is second time a week later
Third pic is today. 4 days after second time and 3-4 days from flip. See the main branch lower than the others. I love it

IMG 9397
IMG 9398
IMG 9399
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Damn your plants look so healthy bro

i know right lol i'm like wtf. i've never seen a baby with 0 damage. This man is dialed in an killin em!!!
Honestly thank you guys. I put a lot of effort in learning this art so those kind words mean a lot! For real
2 things I'm doing differently is less touching them especially with young babies. Lol. I still defoliate but selectively and at planned times.
And, I changed from a 50 bottle nite regimen to a very simple diet
Cns17 18ml a gal
Silica blast 5ml a gal
(Botanicare)
And on sundays Pure Blend Tea (botanicare) 15ml gal
+LIFE 1/4 tsp gal
They love it

Organikz

Organikz

I believe it!
Just like I believe you're reasons why not to do it
Because there is endless variables and variations in each situation.
I'm not too oposed in vegative as a means to train. I would put in an extra week or 2 before flip. Allow.them to recover fully so the stretch happens without missing a beat.

It does depend on the strain. I would not do it with my blackberry.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

If you are someone who tops plants to get that round bush shape I highly recommend trying this. You get that same round shape and many tops but you keep that big fat main cola. And you don't actually cut any shoots besides clones.

Organikz

Organikz

If you are someone who tops plants to get that round bush shape I highly recommend trying this. You get that same round shape and many tops but you keep that big fat main cola. And you don't actually cut any shoots besides clones.
I might have to lol. I bend my colas over and they stand right the hell back up like 20 minutes later. I may actually build a scrog. I want big canopy and it would let me allow each plant 50g of root space.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I'm not too oposed in vegative as a means to train. I would put in an extra week or 2 before flip. Allow.them to recover fully so the stretch happens without missing a beat.

It does depend on the strain. I would not do it with my blackberry.
I hear ya on that. If I was doing soil let alone no till or organic I would take a different approach.
From what I've seen from hydro/inert medium growers I have only seen it flourish.
But believe me I try to learn as much about plant biology as I do hydroponics because you never know where life takes you and I like to know things. Haha

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I might have to lol. I bend my colas over and they stand right the hell back up like 20 minutes later. I may actually build a scrog. I want big canopy and it would let me allow each plant 50g of root space.
That is very true. It would allow you to space them out
Similar to having six 1/2" pots in a 4x4 tray filling out the canopy
You see how well it is maintained the canopy. That is the ONLY training I've done. No LST. No bending. And you see the uniformity. All I've done is clip the top baby fans on shoots that go above canopy

Organikz

Organikz

That is very true. It would allow you to space them out
Similar to having six 1/2" pots in a 4x4 tray filling out the canopy
You see how well it is maintained the canopy. That is the ONLY training I've done. No LST. No bending. And you see the uniformity. All I've done is clip the top baby fans on shoots that go above canopy
Yes kind of crazy. I read where bluejay mentioned getting the same yield with 1 plant in a 45g as 4. After a little more blah blah blah reading I understand why.
I may try icing and bondage. My stems are more than strong enough. It hurts my fingers to pinch them. I almost cut myself with a stem rub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom