July too late to start growing?

• Thread starter typesguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

typesguy

I just started my plant July first growing outdoors is it too late for my plant to grow properly, will it still be able to grow in time before last harvest

F

FileError404

Hey types,

can you be more vague? :D

Seriously, we need much more info in order to help. You sprouted a seed in July? What kind of seed? You put out a clone? Know the strain? What's your hemisphere? Just put em in dirt? What kind of dirt? The more details you can give us the better the advice will be :)

But generally...July is too late :D

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

should be posted in basic grow section or outdoor grow

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yep, so report the post so it can be moved.

To the original poster, yes, you can start growing in July. May not be finished up properly by harvest, but you should have something to work with.

E

edux10

if it freezes where you live that would be your deadline. Well, before it actually freezes, so when the temp gets below 60F its too cold. If it stays warm all the time where you are, you pretty much have untill the days start to become longer again, like in spring time. Not many places are like that tho.

If you have a clone, expect to harden it off, and it should start flowering right away this time of year if you live in North America. If you start as seed, good luck to you. It may be too late for that, as winter is comming soon. I bet if you throw a clone out side you will get like a 1/4-1/2 oz depending on strain with no veg time but maybe even less. The key right now would be to start a ton of little clones in small pots and plant to harvest by october.

I

iahsound

yep if your here on the west coast its totally posible to pull, 2 years ago i spent a season up north and we did'nt get our un vegged cuts into the dirt till the middle of july but we stuck a shit ton out there and got anywere from 7-40 grams per plant!! i say go for it but get as many as you can out there! i dont know what a seed would do from here on though? love and respect!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i live in southern california
Your biggest worry will be protecting it if any storms come in once it's got thicker buds. Treat with Bt spray throughout the season, up to two weeks prior to harvest. Otherwise you should be fine.

T

TwoCreeks

Starting July 1st you will be just fine. Your plant will not get as big or yield as much, but it will start to bud at the same time, and finish at the same time as if you put it out earlier in the Spring.

I have often started from seed in mid-summer so as to keep plants small and discreet. You will just wind up with somewhat miniature versions of what you would have had if you had started earlier.

I have a strain that I harvest in NorCal on Sept. 1st.
When I took them out last year I dropped in foot tall Trainwreck clones in their places. By mid-October they were one long cola with a few side buds, yielding an ounce or so per plant. Your plants will most likely start to bud in early August, and finish in early October,regardless of when you put them in the ground.

T

typesguy

thanks for the info ive been stressed i planted them for nothing... is there anything i can do to speed up there growth before they start to bud

T

TwoCreeks

I'm going to put a dozen clones in the NorCal ground tomorrow, the 28th of July. They are four feet tall, and will barely have time to acclimate and start rooting before they start to flower, but I bet they yield 3 or 4 ounces per plant......

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

I'm going to put a dozen clones in the NorCal ground tomorrow, the 28th of July. They are four feet tall, and will barely have time to acclimate and start rooting before they start to flower, but I bet they yield 3 or 4 ounces per plant......

If they are 4ft bushes? You should get more like 8-12oz. per plant..IMO:harvest:

C

CALIPURP

four foot tall clones now where talkin in nor cal do they start to flower in aug or sep ??

4Sweetangel

4Sweetangel

Hey types,

can you be more vague? :D

Seriously, we need much more info in order to help. You sprouted a seed in July? What kind of seed? You put out a clone? Know the strain? What's your hemisphere? Just put em in dirt? What kind of dirt? The more details you can give us the better the advice will be :)

But generally...July is too late :D
What about clones?

P

PaulWood

My clones, put out in mid July are
Growing and showing the typical female sex indications. Probably started to flower as my others that I put out way to early in March, have revegged and are already into flower. I am in socal as well.

V

vacaville

Flowering in Socal? In Norcal and still vegging like wildfire. What variety(s) do you have going? I to have started in july and have had no issue other then size.

P

PaulWood

Sorry, my post may have been unclear.

I have a 2 clones of some kind of strawberry variety I got from the dispensary on July 1... they are outside and growing well, and showing signs of being female. White pistels and no balls. Not sure if they are flowering or not.

I have other plants growing that were started as clone, back in March, outside.
they were probably taken from flowering moms, or the light cycle change was too much and they pretty much flowered and then revegged on me.. They finally came around to vegging in mid June, and have now started showing very heavy signs that they are flowering.. It makes sense if the flowering time is say 9-14 weeks....they are still growing as well.

These are Gorilla glue #4, Fire OG and SFV og... Or so the kid at the dispensary told me.

I am getting tomorrow from a friend with too many in his room some 18" very well vegged OG ladies.. Hopefully they will produce a nice crop as well...

Top Bottom