Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

How early do you start those monsters?

Last night. Hehe.

I use the farmers almanac and look through historical weather patterns via NOAA. What I'm trying to do is find a point to start the plants under indoor lighting that is 3-6 weeks away from 50F soil temps, or better, and enough daylight to keep em from doin an early flip/reveg. Mostly I trust my gut and all the metal in my body. I can feel barometric shifts. A barometer works as well. Thinking about buying a little weather station and learning some meteorology.

Thinkin late April an they'll be ready to weather the weather.

Started late Feb last year. I froze em 'n cooked em. It was way too cold to start that early and when I bought my first grow light I fried them due to ignorance. The upside to my dumba$$ness, they stalled and I put them in the garden somwhere around the April-May point (I think?). It'll be in my Growing Log. I wish there was a good way to index my long log. Maybe start another diary thread with chapters and the pg#s & dates that coincide with them. Each time I finish a grow I can make an entry. It'll only work if I can keep people from commenting on it. Oh..oh..oh, I know, I know... Create a thread for each chapter's index. Then it wouldn't matter how many comments were made. All the pertinent info would be in the first post.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Last night. Hehe.

I use the farmers almanac and look through historical weather patterns via NOAA. What I'm trying to do is find a point to start the plants under indoor lighting that is 3-6 weeks away from 50F soil temps, or better, and enough daylight to keep em from doin an early flip/reveg. Mostly I trust my gut and all the metal in my body. I can feel barometric shifts. A barometer works as well. Thinking about buying a little weather station and learning some meteorology.

Started late Feb last year. I froze em 'n cooked em. It was way too cold to start that early and when I bought my first grow light I fried them due to ignorance. The upside to my dumba$$ness, they stalled and I put them in the garden somwhere around the April-May point (I think?). It'll be in my Growing Log. I wish there was a good way to index my long log. Maybe start another diary thread with chapters and the pg#s & dates that coincide with them. Each time I finish a grow I can make an entry. It'll only work if I can keep people from commenting on it. Oh..oh..oh, I know, I know... Create a thread for each chapter's index. Then it wouldn't matter how many comments were made. All the pertinent info would be in the first post.

When I started my seeds mid March, in shelter and under t5s I had to battle the freezing nights and occasional snow. Then, when I put them outside, the roots were potbound with thick roots that would break if I tried to spread them. The ones I planted in April quickly caught the march seedlings because of better weather conditions and they didn’t have time to get rootbound.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

When I started my seeds mid March, in shelter and under t5s I had to battle the freezing nights and occasional snow. Then, when I put them outside, the roots were potbound with thick roots that would break if I tried to spread them. The ones I planted in April quickly caught the march seedlings because of better weather conditions and they didn’t have time to get rootbound.

I'm still playing it by ear. Haven't been doing it long enough to have a plan all dialed in.

The way I see it, we can be 95% safe and up-pot in may to an outdoor garden, or take a risk if we feel the conditions are suited for an early planting. I beat the crap outta my girls last year and they still turned into monsters. This years gonna be great now that I know how to use my lights. Starting indoors gives us a lot of room to play as long as we keep giving them room to grow. Just keep dialing it in tighter each season.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Alright, swapped the soaked beans into soil and got them situated on the heat mat.
20190327 151602

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What strains are you growing this run

It's kind of intimidating running gear that came from people who are watching my grow. Especially with how skilled they are. It's also really cool too. If I get stuck I know exactly who to ask for help.

Haven't seen you in a bit man. Glad you chimed in.

I'm still trying to catch up on all my friends runs. Didn't realise I was off the rails for so long.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Again, Murphy's law comes into effect. Right after I plant the beans I start running low on propane to refill the 1lb bottles for my Heater Buddy. I hope the seedling heat mat is warm enough to germ them.

I'm getting a little frustrated cause all my trading has stalled. If I could just trade a couple zips I'd have enough for a new (smaller) AC inverter. It's all that's standing betwern me and a full solar tent grow. I'm kinda antsy cause I could get a call or text any day for that one trade I need.

I thank God for keeping me from doing business with those unreliable people I was working with last week. Even if the $100 I wasted on them could've bought my inverter (face-palm). But I'm not going to regret grabbing for the brass ring. No risk, no reward, and one of these days it's going to pay off. Especially if my new friend helps me build a front porch grow room (he's a carpenter). He's helping me try to drum up the money for the build as well, but his network isn't very big yet either.

Srenots

Srenots

Last night. Hehe.

last nite hehe

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

hope they go bro....u will have sum serious fire comin ur way.....glad to see all good ur way, just let me know if u need any genetic info....

I looked up the genetics on the one's I picked and was pleasantly surprised that the Death by Kush is a Durban baby. Heck, I didn't even know C99 was a Herer bean. There's actually a lot of info out there on your gear. I'm always interested in genetics with a potential 1%+ THCv content. That is my favorite compound. It works well with my physiology. I really only break out the heavy hitting couch lock strains to impress buyers or knock myself out at night. My optimal daily driver is a bud that is speedy with little or no munchie effect (preferably the THCv's anti-muchie effect). I used to mix Durban with other strains to reduce their munchies.

Srenots

Srenots

I looked up the genetics on the one's I picked and was pleasantly surprised that the Death by Kush is a Durban baby. Heck, I didn't even know C99 was a Herer bean. There's actually a lot of info out there on your gear. I'm always interested in genetics with a potential 1%+ THCv content. That is my favorite compound. It works well with my physiology. I really only break out the heavy hitting couch lock strains to impress buyers or knock myself out at night. My optimal daily driver is a bud that is speedy with little or no munchie effect (preferably the THCv's anti-muchie effect). I used to mix Durban with other strains to reduce their munchies.
the Death By Kush I have is Death Star x Poison Kush.... good sht man

Houserdeathstar66days

Top Bottom