Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

...and the wait is on.
20190329 065010

...even without running my forced air furnace (need to remove mold damage) the little Heater Buddy is keeping the temps in the 60F's...
20190329 065125

20190329 072308

...and the seedling heat map puts them in the 70F's. As soon as tge first one popps up I'll click on the little 4200k 15w t5. A few days later and I'll kick-on the 200w CXB fixture at it's lowest setting. The little t5 tends to make them stretch and I need these short if I'm gonna pack the tent.

--------------------------------------------

Bored as f^ck. Messing around with the speech recognition on my computer and dialing in my compressor mic . Win 10 is a pain in the a$$ im so many ways but it's got excellent speech recognition software. I'm taking a break from voice training it cause my voice is starting to crack. I've got it dialed enough so far to be able to differentiate my voice from the soundtrack of videos I'm watching. Now I'm able to voice control the show I'm watching (ie, "spacebar" command pauses video.

Most people have no idea their computers can do this. It helps that I have a powerful system with excellent multitasking ability and a good mic, but it can still work on weaker PCs, like netbooks, if you're sitting right in front of them and have no other tasks going (Oh, I guess it's not that useful for them, hehe).
20190329 082919

I know I'm bringing this up in my Grow Log but it's because I eventually intend to make much of my indoor grows (watering & feeding) automated. It won't be this run, but it will happen... eventually.

K-cup 'o soup, hehe.
20190329 065438

I gotta give Microsoft the win over Amazon for automated assitant names. I've not once met a Cortana but I've known plenty of Alexa's. I can just imagine some dude asking his girlfriend "Alexa, where should we go for dinner...?" ...and the chiming in from little pucks around the house giving distance and directions to the nearest McD's... hahaha. Not gonna happen with Cortana. Though the b*tch does eavesdropp a lot.

(It drives me nuts, all the red clay mud/dust around here. By my pics it looks like I'm a dirty person, but it's actually the opposite. I am a big time OCD clean person. There's just so much f^cking red clay around here it gets everywhere. I hate that sh*t. Hope I can get new gravel in here this summer. I might actually be able to keep my house clean.

***fingers crossed***

I can't even park my truck near my house or it'll get stuck.)

Last edited:
Axel Rose

Axel Rose

...and the wait is on.
View attachment 863710
...even without running my forced air furnace (need to remove mold damage) the little Heater Buddy is keeping the temps in the 60F's...
View attachment 863712
View attachment 863714
...and the seedling heat map puts them in the 70F's. As soon as tge first one popps up I'll click on the little 4200k 15w t5. A few days later and I'll kick-on the 200w CXB fixture at it's lowest setting. The little t5 tends to make them stretch and I need these short if I'm gonna pack the tent.

--------------------------------------------

Bored as f^ck. Messing around with the speech recognition on my computer and dialing in my compressor mic . Win 10 is a pain in the a$$ im so many ways but it's got excellent speech recognition software. I'm taking a break from voice training it cause my voice is starting to crack. I've got it dialed enough so far to be able to differentiate my voice from the soundtrack of videos I'm watching. Now I'm able to voice control the show I'm watching (ie, "spacebar" command pauses video.

Most people have no idea their computers can do this. It helps that I have a powerful system with excellent multitasking ability and a good mic, but it can still work on weaker PCs, like netbooks, if you're sitting right in front of them and have no other tasks going (Oh, I guess it's not that useful for them, hehe).
View attachment 863719
I know I'm bringing this up in my Grow Log but it's because I eventually intend to make much of my indoor grows (watering & feeding) automated. It won't be this run, but it will happen... eventually.

K-cup 'o soup, hehe.
View attachment 863711

I gotta give Microsoft the win over Amazon for automated assitant names. I've not once met a Cortana but I've known plenty of Alexa's. I can just imagine some dude asking his girlfriend "Alexa, where should we go for dinner...?" ...and the chiming in from little pucks around the house giving distance and directions to the nearest McD's... hahaha. Not gonna happen with Cortana. Though the b*tch does eavesdropp a lot.

I love Cortana. She's on my galaxy book! I did the same thing you did with the voice recognition.

My younger brother is really into the new tech thats coming out nowadays, his computer setup is just ridiculous! His microphone setup alone is in the 300$+, but I know I see blankets hanging behind him. He says his microphone is so sensitive it picks up the sound waves bouncing of the walls as static. Maybe it could help Cortana pick up you voice if you hang a blanket while you do your voice recognition.

Sorry to bug you with my random thoughs. I'm also bored as fvck lol

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I love Cortana. She's on my galaxy book! I did the same thing you did with the voice recognition.

My younger brother is really into the new tech thats coming out nowadays, his computer setup is just ridiculous! His microphone setup alone is in the 300$+, but I know I see blankets hanging behind him. He says his microphone is so sensitive it picks up the sound waves bouncing of the walls as static. Maybe it could help Cortana pick up you voice if you hang a blanket while you do your voice recognition.

Sorry to bug you with my random thoughs. I'm also bored as fvck lol

Sh*t man, I love talking computers. Does he have a pop-shield in front of the mic?
61VZcf7dPVL AC SL1500

By what you're describing he probably does webcasts? I've got the gear but I need a broadcast partner. Web-shows get boring when one person tries to carry the whole thing.

My mic is only $50, but my rigg is near top-tier, and my cameras are entry level pro. I've put a lot into my grows the last couple years so my puter upgrades have suffered for it. Once I've dialed them and my solar generator in I'll focus on new lenses and an HD Black Magic camera. I'd like to get the Micro but I'd be nearly as happy settling for the Pocket. I only dream of owning a Red, but I don't have $50 k laying around.

Micro
51HCpgINuL AC SL1500

Pocket
411AceQ7XpL AC SY400

I'm running an X99...

Intel i7-6850k CPU
MSI X99A Titanium mobo
Seasonic 750w Titanium PSU
EVGA GTX1080 FTW hybrid
NZXT Kraken CPU cooler
32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 RAM
Crucial 512GB SSD
Toshiba 4GB & 6GB HDDs
Thermaltake Core X31 case

I'm won't be able to truly utilize the gear I'm running until I upgrade my primary drive to an NVMe SSD. Just looked last night and a 1TB NVMe is only $150 now. That's what I paid for my 512. I'm getting real exited about the price points I've been seeing lately.

I built my machine around the idea that I wanted to create/produce web-shows but I've had so much on my plate since then those plans got put to the back burner. Getting closer though.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Blasing a jay of Banana Crack, Royal Nepal Kush, and Game Changer. A speedy, stupid, and low muchie high.
20190330 080749

Used my 5" Sharper grinder so it would cut'n fluff, not shred like the little 3".

...yup, very nice blaze indeed. Can barely finish this sentence.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
aint seen Pop in long time....or sum of the guys either....idk bro
They were all above the law. Half of them were suppose to be mods and never did any mod work. Instead they used there powers to boost their friends,pad their stats, win the potm contests lol.
It’s not good for business when all your mods are king dingalings with clone only strains making all the new comers want clones too instead of buying the beans.
That being said I miss every last one of them. The mOre personalities on here the more fun I have. What people need yo learn is history repeats itself over and over again.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

They were all above the law. Half of them were suppose to be mods and never did any mod work. Instead they used there powers to boost their friends,pad their stats, win the potm contests lol.
It’s not good for business when all your mods are king dingalings with clone only strains making all the new comers want clones too instead of buying the beans.
That being said I miss every last one of them. The mOre personalities on here the more fun I have. What people need yo learn is history repeats itself over and over again.

Most the ones I know did their job (though I only really knew a few). There was just a morale issue that required a clean sweep to fix. What's done is done.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

sht dude , u think thats bad, I just lost my lighter....sht lmao

I solved that problem long ago. I buy at least 10x more "Picture" Bic's than I need and leave them everywhere around me. I can remember all of them and the fluid levels in each. It's frustrating, cause I can't do it whenever I want. It just happens. That's why I tell people my brain is really smart but the f^ck I got to do with any of it. If I could talk the snobby bastard into sharing we'd get rich... yeah, rich.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Oh, I found it. Put it out in the cigg butt container. Good weed to make me do that. Just smoked a second trying to do the Gilligan coconut amnesia trick. It worked.

This is the most baked I been in a long o time. hehe.

Top Bottom