Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Axel Rose

Axel Rose

Oh, believe me, I pay a steep price for pushing myself. This ain't that bad, only 2.5x the sise of normal. A little more and the pressure itself will cause me pain.
View attachment 869776View attachment 869777
I could barely walk yesterday from shovelin the day before. My average dailypain is about 7/10 (that's with the morphine and gabapentin, norco helps with break out pain).

I gotta push through it or nothing gets done. I do have goals in mind. I won't be doing this forever.
OUCH! Is that from the fall you mentioned?
I always say I don't do drugs when the dr asks me. I don't consider cannabis a drug ;)
No one has called me on it yet.

At this point I'm giving up on drs. The regular dr is only interested in pushing "their" drugs, i.e, flu shot, tetanus shot, shingles vax, etc.
None of those things are gonna help me in the slightest bit.

Ortho dr sent me for an MRI to rule out spondylosis, prob not spelled correctly, in my neck. Couldn't even get all the way in the tube let alone get the thing cranked up. MRI people told me to call the dr and ask for something to calm me down for the test. I was treated like a junkie looking for a quick fix. Two weeks later I was still waiting for them to get back to me.

So I filed a complaint with the hospital he works under. Someone sent me an email saying they would like to help my situation. Unfortunately I'm on Medicaid. And there's only one dr within a half hour drive that takes this insurance. I'm not going back there again after the way this was handled.

I'm hoping I'll not deteriorate too much till after I move 3 hrs away at which point I'll be in a different county/hospital and switched to Medicare at that point. If all goes smoothly, HA, I'll be approved for SSD sometime in June. But my understanding is that Medicare isn't any better than Medicaid :(

I also have 5 buldging discs in my lumbar. No one took a pic of the discs in between yet. But I'm willing to bet they aren't in too good a shape either.
I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, so I could be wrong ;)

Oh yeah, the last round of PT made me worse soooooooo
Got a bad back myself. L3 L4 disc herniation. Pain is usually about 6. Runs to 10+ (sight, hearing non existent) at times. Keep pushing bro. We'll be out if here soon enough but in the meantime keep on keeping on.
I'm very sorry to hear about you guys in pain. Had a fall off a 2 story roof. Wake up and go to sleep with pain due to my ribs having hairline fractures. I'm still young but it hurts like hell every once in a while. I cant wait for the years to come.

Nobody116

Nobody116

OUCH! Is that from the fall you mentioned?

I'm very sorry to hear about you guys in pain. Had a fall off a 2 story roof. Wake up and go to sleep with pain due to my ribs having hairline fractures. I'm still young but it hurts like hell every once in a while. I cant wait for the years to come.
Be glad for the cracked ribs. Friend of mine fell off a roof, wheelchair ever since. Wasn't that high up either :(

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

Be glad for the cracked ribs. Friend of mine fell off a roof, wheelchair ever since. Wasn't that high up either :(
Would you believe me if I told you I got up and got back to roofing 10 minutes later. I know I got lucky and can I tell you guys I am grateful. I'm sorry for your friend. Honestly it makes me feel really sad to hear things like this. Most of the time these accidents happen at work while we are just trying to make rent and food. The last thing anyone can want is to be handicapped and out of a job. It's not a good place to be, mentally speaking.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Would you believe me if I told you I got up and got back to roofing 10 minutes later. I know I got lucky and can I tell you guys I am grateful. I'm sorry for your friend. Honestly it makes me feel really sad to hear things like this. Most of the time these accidents happen at work while we are just trying to make rent and food. The last thing anyone can want is to be handicapped and out of a job. It's not a good place to be, mentally speaking.

I've fallen off several buildings. Once I fell backwards out of the second story of an unfinished tract home and landed on my back on a pile of gravel. Knocked the wind outta me but walked away unharmed. Another time I was roofing and the wind caught a sheet of OSB I was holding. Went hang-gliding about 30ft and walked away.

I don't want to go too much further with this conversation. I don't mind going off topic but I do want to show respect to anyone subbed, so lets try and wrap it up now. Thanks for sharing your stories.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I've fallen off several buildings. Once I fell backwards out of the second story of an unfinished tract home and landed on my back on a pile of gravel. Knocked the wind outta me but walked away unharmed. Another time I was roofing and the wind caught a sheet of OSB I was holding. Went hang-gliding about 30ft and walked away.

I don't want to go too much further with this conversation. I don't mind going off topic but I do want to show respect to anyone subbed, so lets try and wrap it up now. Thanks for sharing your stories.
You’ve definitely taken your knocks brother. Sounds like most of your buddies on here have taken some as well.
We are just using these bodies for now I say. Only a holster for the colt 45 that is you my dude.
I love how you try and keep er positive and focus on the garden and your many cool projects. I also love how your outdoor plants are just rocking already while most of us ain’t even started.
Your a good man, smithjunk. When life gives you a lemon you grind up the dried peel and sell it to a hipster as a health supplement and then juice the lemon for some lemon aid and then plant the lemon seeds to grow your own lol. I like your style brother

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You’ve definitely taken your knocks brother. Sounds like most of your buddies on here have taken some as well.
We are just using these bodies for now I say. Only a holster for the colt 45 that is you my dude.
I love how you try and keep er positive and focus on the garden and your many cool projects. I also love how your outdoor plants are just rocking already while most of us ain’t even started.
Your a good man, smithjunk. When life gives you a lemon you grind up the dried peel and sell it to a hipster as a health supplement and then juice the lemon for some lemon aid and then plant the lemon seeds to grow your own lol. I like your style brother

Pwaaahahahaa! Oh sh*t, I'm rollin dude.

Thanks for the complements, brother.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 05/11/19 (daily)

20190511 151142
20190511 151132
20190511 151041
20190511 151115
20190511 150949

20190511 133703

20190510 110859
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

A lesson I learned this season...

Smartpots are excellent pots, unless, you plan on up-potting. That makes 1gal smartpots almost useless for cannabis and are definitely detrimental in full sun considering how quickly they dry out.

I'll be repurposing mine for use with the clones I'll be selling. For that purpose I think they'd be kinda cool. Perfect for people doing quick closet grows. I think people will like the cute little smartpots I'm selling the clones in. If I were only going as big as a gallon, they'd make excellent pots.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Smartpots are excellent pots, unless, you plan on up-potting. That makes 1gal smartpots almost useless for cannabis and are definitely detrimental in full sun considering how quickly they dry out.

I'll be repurposing mine for use with the clones I'll be selling. For that purpose I think they'd be kinda cool. Perfect for people doing quick closet grows. I think people will like the cute little smartpots I'm selling the clones in. If I were only going as big as a gallon, they'd make excellent pots.
I’ve also come to this conclusion lol. I’ve heard you can just bury them and the roots will grow through. Haven’t given that a whirl yet tho ha

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

Now let’s see some weed plants ffs! Enough of this loveydovey circle jerk! 🤣
Darn.... I was just getting started!
I’ve also come to this conclusion lol. I’ve heard you can just bury them and the roots will grow through. Haven’t given that a whirl yet tho ha
It works as long as the fabric stay moist enough for the roots to make it through. It will still prune them if dry enough. 👍🏼

Phylex

Phylex

That's why I stick to tried and true plastic nursery pots. I've proved to be a sucker for gimmicks and I still might fall for some, but that's one I've avoided. Too pricey for just a pot. Is it really all that serious? For me it wasn't. But they sure do look cool.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The next time I'm in the cannabis infirmary and some c@ck gobbler comes along sayin I dont know how to identify broad mite damage, I'm gonna show him these and tell him to go stuff his face.
20190512 140029
20190512 140014
20190512 135921
20190512 135040

Web pic of broad mite. You can see the shape in my pic.
1200px Polyphagotarsonemus latus USDA BARC

Last edited:
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

That's why I stick to tried and true plastic nursery pots. I've proved to be a sucker for gimmicks and I still might fall for some, but that's one I've avoided. Too pricey for just a pot. Is it really all that serious? For me it wasn't. But they sure do look cool.
Ya man. I’m going that way also. I think it’s a buck fifty for the 2.5-3 gal ones in the city. I got a few and I doubt I’ll get another fabric

Latest posts

Top Bottom