Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ordered my first 100watt solar panel and 30amp PWM charge controller to charge my trailer battery. Going to dial it in before upgrading my array to 300watts+ and shifting it over to a grow system. I'll replace the battery charger with a smaller 50-100watt panel and 10-20amp controller after I understand the system better. I might leave the 30amp up front and use a 40amp MPPT controller for a 400-500watt array in back. It's up in the air at this point.

Strangeone

Strangeone

Grow Log 10-19-2017

Purple beauties. They definitely would not have weathered the storm. Waaay too heavy and already leaning. I didn't have to check for amber, could see they were ripe. The bracts had swollen and they got super heavy the last couple days before I harvested, and that was even without watering the last 4 days. I think I nailed it. Prompting from the incoming storm was a good thing and I got a free plant wash and watering on the freshly pruned girls. I do need to keep watch on the buds I left to make sure they don't get over ripe. I was more conservative on my first cut this time around. Hoping to get a bigger haul and denser buds on the second cut.

Thanks everyone for your patience. Sorry the photos weren't as polished as my previous ones but I was in a hurry to harvest before the sun touched the girls (highest point of THC production).

View attachment 751691 View attachment 751692 View attachment 751694 View attachment 751708 View attachment 751709 View attachment 751711 View attachment 751712 View attachment 751714 View attachment 751716 View attachment 751718 View attachment 751719 View attachment 751721 View attachment 751724 View attachment 751727 View attachment 751729 View attachment 751730 View attachment 751732 View attachment 751733 View attachment 751734 View attachment 751736
Beautiful bro.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 10-22-2017

Thinking about letting them amber up a bit to make some wheelie weed. It's already supposed to be very couchy bud. I've smoked Napalese before and it was really potent. I don't know what Royal Dane adds to it other than size.

20171022 105519
20171022 105446
20171022 105218
20171022 105125
20171022 105118
20171022 105204
20171022 105047
20171022 105032
20171022 105025

BudBogart

BudBogart

Grow Log 10-22-2017

Thinking about letting them amber up a bit to make some wheelie weed. It's already supposed to be very couchy bud. I've smoked Napalese before and it was really potent. I don't know what Royal Dane adds to it other than size.

View attachment 752039 View attachment 752040 View attachment 752043 View attachment 752045 View attachment 752048 View attachment 752050 View attachment 752051 View attachment 752052 View attachment 752054
I think we got 10 days of sunshine ahead of us! May as well use it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Totally diggin this trimmer bowl. People say they are not good for lighter buds. The second stringers I'm running through it are pretty light and it's mostly eating off the stuff I wouldn't load in a pipe anyway. If your buds are so light that you need to worry about this eating them then they are some serious popcorn and aren't worth saving whole. Better to chop em up and shake the sugar loose then concentrate the rest.

20171022 172054

This has actually trimmed closer and saved buds I would have chopped. I'm trimming 10x as fast with it. Waaay worth $150.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Totally diggin this trimmer bowl. People say they are not good for lighter buds. The second stringers I'm running through it are pretty light and it's mostly eating off the stuff I wouldn't load in a pipe anyway. If your buds are so light that you need to worry about this eating them then they are some serious popcorn and aren't worth saving whole. Better to chop em up and shake the sugar loose then concentrate the rest.

View attachment 752175

This has actually trimmed closer and saved buds I would have chopped. I'm trimming 10x as fast with it. Waaay worth $150.

I'm trimming 2-3oz every 20 min. That is a gallon jar. This is a 16" machine and they make 19" as well.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The 5th picture down!!! Mouth watering!!! Good Lord, which one is that?? I may have to try to get my hands on something like that!!

I kind of lucked out, maybe. Bees prego'd a few spots on my Creamsicles. I think most of the pollen came from Chocolate Diesel. Should be an interesting cross. I got my Creamsicle seeds, kinda. Will sprout them once I have a solar array set up that can light em up. Only have a 100watt panel coming so far but I can expand it to 300watts+ for only a couple hundi $$$ more. I bought a 30amp PWM charge controller to allow the expansion.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Awesome job dude! You're killing it! Glad to see you made it thru the fires safely as well. You even got your Creamsicle seeds (kinda) lol Not sure what happened, but I have this as a watched thread and it just stopped updating me.. don't think I'm the only one tho.. finally caught up to ya!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Awesome job dude! You're killing it! Glad to see you made it thru the fires safely as well. You even got your Creamsicle seeds (kinda) lol Not sure what happened, but I have this as a watched thread and it just stopped updating me.. don't think I'm the only one tho.. finally caught up to ya!

Thank you.

Same thing happens to me. I have to periodically do a manual check into all y'alls posts.

The fires, as horrible as they were, helped thin out a very saturated market. I won't be taking advantage of it through public channels though. Only harvested about 4.5lbs of Creamsicle and the Kush are looking like 6-7lbs. After splitting it with my cousin I'm only getting 5-6lbs out of it. It would take some outstanding prices to separate me from my weed. I can slow trade with people in my private co-op for $1.6k per lb and I don't need the money. Plus, I really like my Creamsicle so far. Why get rid of it only to get something else that doesn't fit my smoking needs so perfectly? The people who've liked it so far are tech/mech savvy retired guys. Its one of the most potent mellow highs I've ever had. It's very strong but the euphoria kind of lingers in the back of the mind without imparing focus. Solid body high that last a few hours. No need to smoke alot because 1 bowl and 5 bowls have almost the same effect, aside from extending the time of the body high.

I'd sum it up as highly artistic with a medium level of pain relief and just a bit pep. Only drawback is it has an extreme munchy trigger. It'd be perfect for most cancer patients and I'm going to donate a couple ounces to the right person when he/she comes along. If I can find someone with MS or is in the middle of chemo treatments, it's theirs.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Folks, today I was faced with a conundrum after I smoked my first bowl of the Royal Nepal Kush. I grew my weed for trade, but it is hands down the second best bud I have ever smoked. The best being the Maui Wowie my oldest sister brought back from, well... Maui, when I was 15. After about 10min of yipees, stupid dancing, and thanking God, I made the stupid hard decision (yeah, right, "NOT") that I would keep it. I'll have like, at least, 1.5lbs (after split with my cousin) of this friggin superior herb, WOOOOOHOOO!!! I'm keeping all of it... wiiith, the exception that only my closest friends (private co-op) get it for $150 a zip (limit two) and I'm keeping at least 8oz. My donation (harvest tithe) will be split between it and the Orange Creamsicle at a zip each to someone in need. If I find more than one person I'll do it twice. This has been such a blessing, it needs to be shared.

It has a milky, slightly piney, flavor, and an almost citrus tingle on the tongue with a touch of sugar at the tip. This is only hours dry, no cure yet, almost zero cough, and no chlorophyll taste. The high is upbeat and and laughy, a classic Kush superstone but with no couchy effect and barely any munchies.

This one is out of the park guys, out of the park. (Just to let you guys know, I'm not bragging. It's more like I'm in shock and I'm really, really, really, really, stupid happy!)

Thank you, thank you, again, and again, and again... everyone for all your help. I doubt it would have been near as good without it. I wish I could invite y'all to a smoke circle sesh around a QP pile of bud, everyone bring some cool glass.

Here's some pics...

20171024 211517
20171024 211710
20171024 211210
20171024 211144

Strangeone

Strangeone

Folks, today I was faced with a conundrum after I smoked my first bowl of the Royal Nepal Kush. I grew my weed for trade, but it is hands down the second best bud I have ever smoked. The best being the Maui Wowie my oldest sister brought back from, well... Maui, when I was 15. After about 10min of yipees, stupid dancing, and thanking God, I made the stupid hard decision (yeah, right, "NOT") that I would keep it. I'll have like, at least, 1.5lbs (after split with my cousin) of this friggin superior herb, WOOOOOHOOO!!! I'm keeping all of it... wiiith, the exception that only my closest friends (private co-op) get it for $150 a zip (limit two) and I'm keeping at least 8oz. My donation (harvest tithe) will be split between it and the Orange Creamsicle at a zip each to someone in need. If I find more than one person I'll do it twice. This has been such a blessing, it needs to be shared.

It has a milky, slightly piney, flavor, and an almost citrus tingle on the tongue with a touch of sugar at the tip. This is only hours dry, no cure yet, almost zero cough, and no chlorophyll taste. The high is upbeat and and laughy, a classic Kush superstone but with no couchy effect and barely any munchies.

This one is out of the park guys, out of the park. (Just to let you guys know, I'm not bragging. It's more like I'm in shock and I'm really, really, really, really, stupid happy!)

Thank you, thank you, again, and again, and again... everyone for all your help. I doubt it would have been near as good without it. I wish I could invite y'all to a smoke circle sesh around a QP pile of bud, everyone bring some cool glass.

Here's some pics...

View attachment 752868 View attachment 752869 View attachment 752870 View attachment 752871
Very nice, well done brotha.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Very nice, well done brotha.

Right on looks :fire::fire::fire:

Raising the bar over there! Good job Man! Looks tasty!

You were obviously on top of your game. Congrats!

Thank you everyone.

I hope I find a few seeds in this as well. Even bastard beans would be sick. I gotta check with my neighbor again because I can't remember which of his plants he said went hermie. It'd be good to know the genetics of my beans. They'll be good enough to test the indoor solar lighting system I'm putting together for this winter.

I'm still in utter disbelief that this is weed I grew. It's like dreaming you got a Harley for Christmas but instead of being disappointed when you wake up you actually find a f^ckin Hog under the tree. Then you realise the tree is actually a chronic Kush so you kick the scooter out of the way and proceed to gettting dazed and confused, and you're like, Harley, what f^ckin Harley? ROFL

North Poll Sants Clause Medical Marijuana e1478270440883

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 10-25-2017

My secondary buds are going purple. I think I need to harvest them by Fri. They arent getting any bigger that I can see and the sugar leaves are curling, even the lower buds appear to be ripening at the same rate as the uppers. I'm trying to trim my whole first harvest in one day so I have my lines cleared for the rest of the harvest. I'm well on my way thanks to my new bowl trimmer.

20171025 081951
20171025 082157
20171025 082100
20171025 081823
20171025 082029
20171025 081451
20171025 082456

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

How does the trimmer work? Do yo have to be completely dry? How about a pic of a bud straight from the trimmer.

I will post up some pics after I'm done with my smoke break. I was actually planning on showing the raw trim in my next post. I'll also link to it on Amazon. Even though I bought the least expensive bowl trimmer it was still the second highest rated. A little under $150 when shipped to Cali. If you live in a state with no internet tax then it should be around $135.

This particular one comes with both straight and serrated edge blades. I presume the straight edge is for dry and serrated for wet. The demo picture shows fresh cut buds. I trim dry. I wouldn't suggest anything in between. Limp, wet, fan leaves will wrap around the blade reducing its effectiveness and clogging it. Put only a single layer of buds on the screen and be careful to remove all twigs. The gears are low so it will bind easily and it needs to be carefully brought up to speed but once they're rolling pile-ups and binding are rare.

I'll post pics of the whole process in a about a half hour from now.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I will post up some pics after I'm done with my smoke break. I was actually planning on showing the raw trim in my next post. I'll also link to it on Amazon. Even though I bought the least expensive bowl trimmer it was still the second highest rated. A little under $150 when shipped to Cali. If you live in a state with no internet tax then it should be around $135.

This particular one comes with both straight and serrated edge blades. I presume the straight edge is for dry and serrated for wet. The demo picture shows fresh cut buds. I trim dry. I wouldn't suggest anything in between. Limp, wet, fan leaves will wrap around the blade reducing its effectiveness and clogging it. Put only a single layer of buds on the screen and be careful to remove all twigs. The gears are low so it will bind easily and it needs to be carefully brought up to speed but once they're rolling pile-ups and binding are rare.

I'll post pics of the whole process in a about a half hour from now.

...ok, just a hair longer than a half hour. I'm eating a fresh bear claw and a peach fizz (Crystal Geyser peach sparkling water with a splash of Kerns peach nectar). Have to put something in my stomach or the morphine wrecks it. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom