Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

On the flip side, last year I hand trimmed a bazillion buds, just by myself. They have to be trimmed and cured before they go dry. Imagine how shitty a hand trimmed bud gets if you try and trim more than can be reasonably expected. I am sure a machine trimmer would have produced better buds under those circumstances. It's the price we pay for having a bountiful crop. Farmers shouldn't criticize unless they have a better recommendation, mho.

So glad your killing it!

Bud

Thank you.

That's exactly why I bought it. The first 3lbs of Creamsicle took me a week. It's just getting too much for me to do anymore with arthritis and nerve distrophy. I could barely open my hands and the trimming was getting too tight. That machine saved the day and the people I trade with are really really happy with it. So I honestly don't give a f^ck what some random idiot thinks of it. I think Ron White said it best, "Next time you have a thought... ...let it go." ROFL, that MF'r cracks me up.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Here's what I'm thinking for my indoor solar powered grow this winter.

I have 74"x36"x62" available to use. This tent is the closest I can find to that sise at 48x32x60.

51ldrbAoK1L SY400

Still trying to decide whether to use two 450watt LED panels or the 300watt ones. The 450s draw 200watts each and have veg and bloom settings (which I don't see the point of), while the 200s draw 132watts with full spectrum always on. Could run three of the 200s (I'm liking that idea).

41uxVPkAQ5L SY400
41 LiNuQ8L SY400

...and this sick little PWM blower with thermostat control and a remote control panel. It's a static pressure fan that pushes around 150cfm, is super quiet, and only uses 15watts.

41C LGThGyL SY400

They'll be running off a 300-400watt solar array, 30-40amp charge controller, 2 100ah solar deep cycle batteries at 12v, a 1000-2000watt inverter, and of course all the adjustable hangars, ducting, etc... (no need for a carbon filter)

61tEvMnOM2L SL1500
71tNkQwu5CL SL1500

They seem like decent lights. Seen pictures of nice buds being grown under them by Amazon customers. I'm not doing hydro or coco this first time through. Sticking with the soil until I get everything else dialed. Figurin the lights should keep the tent warm through the winter. I bet by Jan I'll be wanting to jump in there with em. I think I should be able to fit six plants with a scrog.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Sh*t!!! I was supposed to have nearly $5k to work with by this weekend, but f^ckin Murphy's Law... was only able to pull off $500.

It's just not enough to get started on this new project. I would buy an inverter but I found out I have the wrong charge controller for a proper solar generator. So I've got to fork over another $200 for a 40amp MPPT controller, $150 for a 1500w sine inverter, $200 for the second 100ah solar battery, and $200 for one more panel, mounting kit, and three way 10awg mc4 extension connector (already have the second panel+mounting hardware+2 2-way mc4 extension connectors coming).

...after all that I can finally start buying all the grow sh*t. I wanted to be into bloom by Christmas but I don't have to. Maybe I should take a couple weeks off from being an OCD workaholic, get very stoned, and play some Fallout 4.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm holding off on my indoor grow for now. Something just happened to the market in the last month and I can't even get a return text on the wholesale front. My guess is that those large CA licensed growers jumped the gun and started offloading product early. Doesn't matter how good your weed is if no one will even talk to you about buying it. I can still get rid of it on the private market to individuals. So, just for spite, I'm going to undercut the local commercial co-ops. I can get near full price still but this isn't about the money. I don't need the money. If everything I grew this year rotted it wouldn't hurt me at all. This is about the the last free market and breaking the backs of those commercial pricks. I'm still going to grow but I'm no longer in a hurry to get my indoor set up.

On Monday I'm going to try the heavily discounted co-op I just joined to see if they haven't turned their back on their members. If I can liquidate a few lbs then I'll continue my indoor on schedule. If not, I'm not going to sacrifice my comfort any longer to fund something that will give me no return on my investment.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

There is a serious disconnect between what's being charged by most delivery services and the actual market. Kind of pisses me off because they're taking advantage of their clients/members. I wonder how long they can keep up this facade before people realise they're getting f^cked over. I've seen this happen in the gold/silver markets. Suppliers ripping off their clients that aren't in the know. I never did that when I had my bullion shop. I always kept my customers informed. Either way, I believe you eventually reap what you sow.

Screenshot 20171105 061659
Screenshot 20171105 061557
Screenshot 20171105 060912

The last honest co-op? Reminds me of my bullion shop, and that's why I bought more scrap gold than anyone in the area.
Screenshot 20171105 061004

The last shop is the only one that truly reflects the current prices, and I'm hoping, shows they are still buying from locals (like they are supposed to be doing as a "co-op"). I can't think of a better way to thumb my nose at the establishnent than by supporting this collective.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I'm sure glad I don't have to pay those high prices any more. I've never had anything to do with a co-op, but it does sound like you may need to find a new one. Maybe their just overstocked because everyone is growing their own now that it's legal. When it became legal in nevada to sell in shops the inventory all got eaten up fast so maybe after the first of the year it will be worth more. I can't wait to see what kind of quality and prices they will have in the stores. I imagine most will be selling for top dollar since the shops will have a lot of overhead.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

There is a serious disconnect between what's being charged by most delivery services and the actual market. Kind of pisses me off because they're taking advantage of their clients/members. I wonder how long they can keep up this facade before people realise they're getting f^cked over. I've seen this happen in the gold/silver markets. Suppliers ripping off their clients that aren't in the know. I never did that when I had my bullion shop. I always kept my customers informed. Either way, I believe you eventually reap what you sow.

View attachment 755280 View attachment 755281 View attachment 755283
The last honest co-op? Reminds me of my bullion shop, and that's why I bought more scrap gold than anyone in the area.
View attachment 755284

The last shop is the only one that truly reflects the current prices, and I'm hoping, shows they are still buying from locals (like they are supposed to be doing as a "co-op"). I can't think of a better way to thumb my nose at the establishnent than by supporting this collective.

The last co-op at least messaged me back (So you know, I don't pester. I send one text, if they don't respond, I consider it an answer). He said they weren't buying right now, but he meant only right now. It wasn't a deflection. He also recommended two concentrate makers in town but they have no listings, lol. It doesn't matter anyway as they take a 60/40 split and I'm not prepared to give up that much herb. I decided to buy my own rosin press instead. I'm not down with solvent extraction, it messes with my lungs and just seems nasty. Plus equipment still needs to be bought to remove the solvents (if done right). I don't have a garage to build a large press and don't have room for a pneumatic tabletop machine. Was going to go with the Nug Smasher at $800 but a lot of them arrive with machanical problems. That would be ok, they have a lifetime warranty, but they're 75lbs and you have to pay return shipping. I'm not going to risk $150 shipping on a 40% chance of shipping damage. The Lil' Nug Smasher was what I looked at next. It has great reviews but only has 2tons pressure on 2.5" plates. Not enough machine for $500. I settled on one that is about 15lbs and can put 6tons of pressure on 3" plates. It has dual elements, an overhead lever, and is the sise of a coffee maker. I'm more than happy to fork over $420 for a machine that can extract as much resin as it does. Amazon customers have pics. I was suprised what they were getting from small nugs and my Kush will be off the hook in it.

These are an Amazon customer's pics...
7142VmMo5oL
61QFLSJ SDL
6144A4fUODL

Should have some cash rolling in today and it will only slightly delay my solar grow build. This machine will easily pay for itself with how much I spend on concentrates.

Last edited:
King Julien

King Julien

60 an eighth for second or third tier on that list is common around here but it's not legal in any form.

I just feel bad for California and the huge tax spike they're implementing. Got used to those great prices, grew a huge over abundance of it, and now they get to refuel the black market!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

In MA, some disp's are charging $460 a zip. It's insane.

That makes more sense to me than $360-$400oz here, where everybody, and I mean "everybody", grows it. Though I agree, it's still a ripoff. That's why even though I can sell it piecemeal to individuals in my private co-op for $50 1/8th my conscience won't allow it.

King Julien

King Julien

That makes more sense to me than $360-$400oz here, where everybody, and I mean "everybody", grows it. Though I agree, it's still a ripoff. That's why even though I can sell it piecemeal to individuals in my private co-op for $50 1/8th my conscience won't allow it.

Hey, that's better than growing good shit and nobody wants it because everybody only wants reggie. That's something I've actually encountered living in podunk America.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

60 an eighth for second or third tier on that list is common around here but it's not legal in any form.

I just feel bad for California and the huge tax spike they're implementing. Got used to those great prices, grew a huge over abundance of it, and now they get to refuel the black market!

I hope it is ridiculously expensive. That will reignite the black (I mean medical) market, lol. If someone doesn't want to pay taxes here they can still get a scrip for $40-$160. As far as I know, medical will still be tax free.

King Julien

King Julien

I hope it is ridiculously expensive. That will reignite the black (I mean medical) market, lol. If someone doesn't want to pay taxes here they can still get a scrip for $40-$160. As far as I know, medical will still be tax free.

From what I've read they will be increasing average cost of recreational by 50-75% and medical by something like 15%. Although the medical isn't end user taxes causing the increase.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I love my rosin press, but lately I've been enjoying the bubble hash too. The dry ice sift works really well and leaves a lot of the terps in so it tastes great. Add it in a joint or bowl or even all by itself.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm sure glad I don't have to pay those high prices any more. I've never had anything to do with a co-op, but it does sound like you may need to find a new one. Maybe their just overstocked because everyone is growing their own now that it's legal. When it became legal in nevada to sell in shops the inventory all got eaten up fast so maybe after the first of the year it will be worth more. I can't wait to see what kind of quality and prices they will have in the stores. I imagine most will be selling for top dollar since the shops will have a lot of overhead.

Actually, the last co-op I show is great. I picked up a zip of Jilly Bean last month for $100. His prices are almost a third of everyone elses (I was fair and showed comparable bud to the others, he has great specials) But that is ok, he has to cover his expenses. I had to explain that to people all the time when I had my bullion shop. We would pay more and charge less if our overhead weren't $5k-$6k mo. Most people understood.

Last edited:
King Julien

King Julien

I love my rosin press, but lately I've been enjoying the bubble hash too. The dry ice sift works really well and leaves a lot of the terps in so it tastes great. Add it in a joint or bowl or even all by itself.

I've never used a rosin press but I do enjoy good terp flavor. Got a set of bubble bags years ago and wore them out running pounds and pounds of stems and fan leaves through them. But boy oh boy did the stuff made with good buds have a good flavor. Still a bigger fan of good BHO though. Less work too.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I was thinking about doing bubble hash then running it through the press for a very refined product. I'm so excited, I'm giddy. There are so many ways to use a press.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I've never used a rosin press but I do enjoy good terp flavor. Got a set of bubble bags years ago and wore them out running pounds and pounds of stems and fan leaves through them. But boy oh boy did the stuff made with good buds have a good flavor. Still a bigger fan of good BHO though. Less work too.

BHO is butane extracted right? When I was dabbing it my lungs were getting wrecked. My former roommates used to make it. Super potent, and I'll take 'a' hit if a friend comes by with some but I just can't do it on a regular basis. My old lungs were badly abused by "chemicals" in my youth and I was a house painter for many years. Airborne solids from water based flat paint were far worse that anything I did intentionally.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

My concern this year is that I won't be able to drum up clients for computer builds this Christmas since our local economy is dependent on marijuana sales. I was able to build bada$$ systems for people because they had a lot of extra money to throw around. Though my build prices are reasonable, I build enthusiast grade gaming workstations and they are several thousand at the bottom end. I'll try to push game console replacement systems this year but Ethereum coin mining has made mid-grade graphics cards ridiculously expensive and the manufacturers are only now starting to catch up with demand. The massive price drops in X99 mobos and CPUs are helping a little but not enough. I may also push for upgrades this Christmas season. The new GTX 1080 ti cards are seeing a decent price drop and the reference cards are only a little more than a GTX 1070. 1080s are not efficient enough for Ethereum mining with their DDR5X memory. At the bottom end the GTX 1050ti's are not powerful enough for mining and are excellence console replacement cards if someone doesn't care about VR or isn't doing any serious 4k gaming.

King Julien

King Julien

BHO is butane extracted right? When I was dabbing it my lungs were getting wrecked. My former roommates used to make it. Super potent, and I'll take 'a' hit if a friend comes by with some but I just can't do it on a regular basis. My old lungs were badly abused by "chemicals" in my youth and I was a house painter for many years. Airborne solids from water based flat paint were far worse that anything I did intentionally.

It is butane honey oil. But if it was super harsh it is likely your roommate wasn't purging the BHO off properly in a vacuum chamber. Without one you can wind up with some harsh or even butane tasting oil.

Top Bottom