Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

It seems like the heat is good for my indoor veg plants. They're growing faster than usual, I'm having a hard time keeping them under control lol. Last year as soon as it got warm I completely moved outdoor so I didn't see this effect. Still got 12 days till I flip em.

20180623 093427 HDR1
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The marigolds and petunias are going off. The shade cloth really takes the shock out of the hot sun. It's basically just a greenhouse with great airflow. I try to keep the ground damp. Between that and the shade cloth I'm guessing it almost never breaks 90F even on the hottest days. The girls & flowers really seem to like it.
20180623 111004
20180623 110304

I really need to blow out the sensor in my Pentax. Too bad all the repair shops around here that could service it have closed. We used to have a gang of photographers up here. I wonder what happened.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

It seems like the heat is good for my indoor veg plants. They're growing faster than usual, I'm having a hard time keeping them under control lol. Last year as soon as it got warm I completely moved outdoor so I didn't see this effect. Still got 12 days till I flip em.

They look really dense and healthy. Very nice.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

try living here. Gets so hot here even the satellite waves get heated even before they hit the phone. Was friggn 111 the other day. If we don't get monsoon soon we will see 118's. The monsoon moisture helps keep sumer temps to a mild 105 average :fire::fire::fire::fire:

Sounds like when I lived in the Cochella Valley (LaQuinta, Indio) as a kid. Mid 120's was a hellish experience. Everything burned us even the ground. I remember being afraid of the tumbled gravel in front of my house because it would melt through my shoes and burn my feet. Hot for me now is 100. It's still hot but bearable in the shade.

Hang in there.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Sounds like when I lived in the Cochella Valley (LaQuinta, Indio) as a kid. Mid 120's was a hellish experience. Everything burned us even the ground. I remember being afraid of the tumbled gravel in front of my house because it would melt through my shoes and burn my feet. Hot for me now is 100. It's still hot but bearable in the shade.

Hang in there.

The water park in Palm Springs makes a killing selling flip flops and water shoes. Without them you will be hopping around from shade to grass to little puddles trying not to burn your feet lol.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The water park in Palm Springs makes a killing selling flip flops and water shoes. Without them you will be hopping around from shade to grass to little puddles trying not to burn your feet lol.

But even the little puddles are crazy hot if they're not fresh or deep enough. I was fooled by those enticing little poolside suckers more than once only to find myself being scalded.

Hey, have you ever been to that creek/waterfall, I think it's right before you go up the 7 level. It was so awesome. When you start up the wash there's nothing, then wet sand, then running water, finally there's a sandstone cave with a hole in the top and a waterfall flowing through it. It was a perfect escape from the summer heat.

I don't know if it's still there with the way the developers destroyed everything with their mansions and golf courses. Hopefully the Desert Conservancy was able to save it but it's been almost four decades so who knows. I have very fond memories of the LaQuinta but I'm still a little bitter at them destroying my dunes for a golf course. I used to hunt Indian artifacts before they unceremoniously scraped it off the face of the planet. Heard the place is a ghetto now.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

We would go hang out at the ice rink in the mall in Palm Desert. To get out of the heat.

Farmer P

Farmer P

But even the little puddles are crazy hot if they're not fresh or deep enough. I was fooled by those enticing little poolside suckers more than once only to find myself being scalded.

Hey, have you ever been to that creek/waterfall, I think it's right before you go up the 7 level. It was so awesome. When you start up the wash there's nothing, then wet sand, then running water, finally there's a sandstone cave with a hole in the top and a waterfall flowing through it. It was a perfect escape from the summer heat.

I don't know if it's still there with the way the developers destroyed everything with their mansions and golf courses. Hopefully the Desert Conservancy was able to save it but it's been almost four decades so who knows. I have very fond memories of the LaQuinta but I'm still a little bitter at them destroying my dunes for a golf course. I used to hunt Indian artifacts before they unceremoniously scraped it off the face of the planet. Heard the place is a ghetto now.

No but I'd like to check it out. Me and some friends hiked up into Taquitz Canyon in Palm Springs once and almost died of heat and thirst. We decided to climb a mountain and then it got so hot we were dehydrating since we brought no water like idiots. I remember getting to the bottom of the mountain and there was a stream that I sprinted to like a madman to get a drink of water. I just dunked my head and started drinking like a fish lol. I actually was getting scared a little.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

No but I'd like to check it out. Me and some friends hiked up into Taquitz Canyon in Palm Springs once and almost died of heat and thirst. We decided to climb a mountain and then it got so hot we were dehydrating since we brought no water like idiots. I remember getting to the bottom of the mountain and there was a stream that I sprinted to like a madman to get a drink of water. I just dunked my head and started drinking like a fish lol. I actually was getting scared a little.

Oh, I feel ya. That desert almost took me a few times. Those volcanic mountains store the heat and bounce it back from below. Luckily for me my mom grew up around there. She's a naturalist and survivalist and tought us to be prepared. We treked most of the ranges in the area. I totally idolized Indiana Jones back then, hehe.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

So it wasn't the hot summer days overheating my phone. It was the Android 8 Oreo update. I guess it's been getting a rep for a causing fast battery drain and overheating on many devices. My Galaxy S7 was one of them. The fix on my S7 is to use Oden to flash the modem CP from Nougat. I don't have any idea what that is but I'm pretty sure I can do the bug fix.

If anyone else is having problems with their S7 on Oreo I'll be able to walk you through it after I do mine tomorrow. I'm no programmer but I do know where the programmers hang out. I feel bad for the average user with no resources and no tech savvy trying to fix this issue. If you're one of those people and having problems check out XDA developer forums. If the answer isn't there it likely doesn't exist.

No Grow Log today. S7 overheated and the S6 was bogged down with updates and crappy reception. (Sh*t, I wish this phone had a better antenna. So much brighter screen and the 20Mp camera on the S6 is waaay better vs the downgraded 16Mp on the S7. The glass back, flat profile, and opalescent finish make it seem like a much classier phone. I don't understand why Samsung slipped back into a cheapie cookie cutter look after this model. Flagship model used to mean something.)

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Watching this show "Cooking on High" on Netflix. It's nothing to rave about but bust out that blunt of fire and it becomes very enjoyable (says the "enhancement smoker). It is funny watching a bunch of no name celebrities getting walloped by killer oil, but it's the food that caught my eye. The chefs that come on this show, for the the most part, are impressive. Having been a professional cook I know how to reproduce most of the dishes but what I'm finding interesting so far is the heavy use of seafood on the show. That's something I've never tried to incorporate into marijuana recipes before. The Cajun food looked great and I'm looking forward to making some infused soulfood myself. The dumbest show I saw was health food one. Not that I have a problem with well prepared healthy foods but what kind of moronic f^ckin hippie brings quinoa to a weed cook off challenge? I don't care how pretty the plating is (and it was), it's f^ckin quinoa.

OK, sparking the blunt back up and hitting play.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 6/28/18

Banana Ice Cream
(The runt of the litter. Figurin it's genetics. Pretty certain it's not location. The Kush in that same spot last year produced over 2lbs of dried flowers.)
20180628 150223

Banana Ice Cream
(It's a fast grower but nothing remarkable. Picked off the leaf tips or whole leaves with antcow herds and haven't seen any new ones in a few days.)
20180628 150242

Banana Crack
(This is a full figured girl with some curve. She was anemic as a seeding but once the lights were adjusted she got stout. Busted out with some fat hips after a few sets of fans were pruned in the tent for space.)
20180628 150253

Banana Ice Cream
(She's just now starting to take off after being transplanted. I don't think she was stunted. More likely she took a bit longer to establish because instead of favoring the center stalk she turned the top set of branches into primaries as well. Now that the root system is larger and more established there are enough nutes to feed all three and she's goin off. Just my opinion.

F^ckin chickens or dog got through the fence the other day and were digging in her pot. Her roots hadn't really reached that part of the pot yet but it did bend her over a bit and push up the soil from the original pot. I straightened her back up and tucked her in, then watered. Doesn't look like it hurt her any. I hate chickens!!! ...unless they're extra crispy or over easy. I don't know what dogs taste like.)
20180628 150310

Orange Creamsicle
(Now this b*tch is f^ckin fat! I am so happy with how she's turning out. I see a lot of great weed coming from her this year.)
20180628 150326

Idunnoes
(This girl right here is a tall drink of... f^ck, I dunno?! She came as a freebie without a label. So she tall and mysteeerious. I bet she's gonna produce a lot of little nugs like a landrace Sativa, but wouldn't it be so cool if she popped some big 'ol honkin colas on that slender frame?)
20180628 150338

Last edited:
justiceman

justiceman

Man I've been missing notifications for this damn it. That organge creamsicle looks glorious!

Hang in there.
Wow I could not imagine that. "Everything burned us even the ground." :cry:

K

kansabis

When my air conditioner bit the dust a month or so ago temps in my tent was in the mid 90s and even got up to 100, this was for around 2.5 days and they seemed to love it,I was kinda surprised,all I did was make sure to keep em watered well and hope they made it. When I checked on em I was shocked that they looked better than previously...crazy.

Top Bottom