Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ordered a new bottle jack for my rosin press. The original leaked hydraulic fluid everywhere. Makes sense cause it kept losing pressure just slightly last year. I think the last jack was a 2 or 3 ton. This one is a 4 ton. Hopefully it fits. It's measurements look right.
81LnCjvHSVL AC SL1500

Also ordered a set of 1gal bubble bags. If these work well and I find I need the extra volume, I'll order the set of 5gal. Got a sh*tload of kief already. Looking forward to seeing what I can get with dry ice and these bags.
610XsNrhOkL AC SL1500

I'm thinking I'll try out the 220, 160, 90, 25. A number of the Amazon reviewers said the whole set won't fit in the bucket together. Any suggestions would be appreciated (more/fewer bags, different sise combinations).

Will be posting up videos making bubble hash (once I'm competent) and pressing rosin this year. Unlike last year, I have the right equipment but I need a tripod for my second camera. I might build a rig to do overhead and close-up shots with my little Sony, while the Pentax does a wider shot, or set them both for close-ups at different angles. I eventually want to do a YouTube "How To" series on all the techniques I've learned on trimming, concentrates, vape mixes, and cooking. I know it was a b*tch to find all these separately last year (useful, quality ones). I'll need to brush up (well,learn, hehe) video editing to put the videos together. It'll finally put my i7-6850k hexacore and GTX1080 to good use. I did build this system for it. Could'a gone much cheaper if I only wanted to game, play in VR, and watch movies.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 11/18/18 (tent)

Still trying t figure out thisleaf sagg thing. My cheapie poke in the ground pH tester probe says 7.5. I think I'll do that soil sample tomorrow. I've had the lights lifted for a couple days and now I've reduced it to 80%. Let it run like that a few days and see if they perk. I thought it might be the lights when I saw the fans on the 200w side of the Chocolate Nepal burning tips, but that can still be nutes under normal light spacing. After a pH check I'll order what I need, if anything.

They also look droopy cause I just watered. This evening.
20181118 175050
20181118 175059

Wishbone

Wishbone

Thank you.

Good question. No, not this set of plants. Keeping them small was intentional. I wanted to flip ASAP because this tent is outside, and even though I live in Cali, in my particular location it gets very cold, very fast. These girls are only being grown for breeding so getting them big wasn't important considering the large number of seeds even a small plant can produce. I'm also not feeding them what I would if I were looking to produce smokable bud nor am I concerned about how many popcorns are at the bottom. Like I said in an earlier post, this is a perfect grow to do with the training wheels still on. This is my first grow till harvest under artificial light and I've learned sooo much. The next grow will be for seed as well. It's good that they're small because I need to get two more done before the next outdoor season starts. Then I can have clones ready from all of my 'X's to use. So, one more for breeding, then one more for next season's clones. I hope I have enough time.

I'm working something out with one of my childhood friends for him to rebuild my private co-op. The last guy (supposed best friend) ripped me off for around $3k and left me broke for this last outdoor grow. If this new deal works out it'll fund my grow room and the next outdoor garden. (...and my trailer remodel, including, but not limited to, a new media/meditation/cloning room. Since my bedroom is only about 4' tall I figured it'd be better suited for a theatre/cloning room. Where my living room currently is I'll be putting in a new bed and getting a bistro table & chairs w/wine rack next to my big window that will overlook a small outdoor non-pot related garden. I'm a foodie so dining ambience is important to me.)

The grow I do after the next one will be for clones and smoke. Should have my nutes and whatnot dialed by then for increased sise and production. That grow might still end up in the new grow room if it's finished in time. I plan on mainlining that one which lines up with taking clones.

Right on, knew you were going after some seeds but didn’t know this was strictly a breeding grow.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Ordered a new bottle jack for my rosin press. The original leaked hydraulic fluid everywhere. Makes sense cause it kept losing pressure just slightly last year. I think the last jack was a 2 or 3 ton. This one is a 4 ton. Hopefully it fits. It's measurements look right.
View attachment 841758

Also ordered a set of 1gal bubble bags. If these work well and I find I need the extra volume, I'll order the set of 5gal. Got a sh*tload of kief already. Looking forward to seeing what I can get with dry ice and these bags.
View attachment 841759
I'm thinking I'll try out the 220, 160, 90, 25. A number of the Amazon reviewers said the whole set won't fit in the bucket together. Any suggestions would be appreciated (more/fewer bags, different sise combinations).

Will be posting up videos making bubble hash (once I'm competent) and pressing rosin this year. Unlike last year, I have the right equipment but I need a tripod for my second camera. I might build a rig to do overhead and close-up shots with my little Sony, while the Pentax does a wider shot, or set them both for close-ups at different angles. I eventually want to do a YouTube "How To" series on all the techniques I've learned on trimming, concentrates, vape mixes, and cooking. I know it was a b*tch to find all these separately last year (useful, quality ones). I'll need to brush up (well,learn, hehe) video editing to put the videos together. It'll finally put my i7-6850k hexacore and GTX1080 to good use. I did build this system for it. Could'a gone much cheaper if I only wanted to game, play in VR, and watch movies.

You’re definitely going to want the 5 gals, the 1s you’ll only be able to fit an ounce or two of trim. The way I’d do it is do one run with all the bags and see which ones you are picking up the hash on then just use those for the next runs. I’ve found you usually collect on just two or three bags after the initial screen.

Here’s what I do, need two buckets, mix everything in one bucket without the bags in, pour into the second bucket with just the first screen in it and get all the ice and plant matter out. Put all the bags in order in the other bucket and pour the now just water and hash in and strain one by one. There is a bit more back and forth this way but it keeps the bags from getting beat up as well as preventing contamination.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You’re definitely going to want the 5 gals, the 1s you’ll only be able to fit an ounce or two of trim. The way I’d do it is do one run with all the bags and see which ones you are picking up the hash on then just use those for the next runs. I’ve found you usually collect on just two or three bags after the initial screen.

Here’s what I do, need two buckets, mix everything in one bucket without the bags in, pour into the second bucket with just the first screen in it and get all the ice and plant matter out. Put all the bags in order in the other bucket and pour the now just water and hash in and strain one by one. There is a bit more back and forth this way but it keeps the bags from getting beat up as well as preventing contamination.

Thank you for your advice. I bought the 1 gal as testers (...and I thought they were kinda cool being so small. I like miniaturised sh*t for some reason. Probably from building models, electric trains HO&N gauge, and RC cars.). Wanted to see what bags worked the best before I bought a set of 8, 5, or 4 fives.

I'll be using dry ice to keep the moisture to a minimum. Was planning on pouring the nitrogen over the weed in the bags while shaking them. Should I mix in another container instead like you do with the ice and water then pour into the bags? I want to keep them pure with very little green matter.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Thank you for your advice. I bought the 1 gal as testers (...and I thought they were kinda cool being so small. I like miniaturised sh*t for some reason. Probably from building models, electric trains HO&N gauge, and RC cars.). Wanted to see what bags worked the best before I bought a set of 8, 5, or 4 fives.

I'll be using dry ice to keep the moisture to a minimum. Was planning on pouring the nitrogen over the weed in the bags while shaking them. Should I mix in another container instead like you do with the ice and water then pour into the bags? I want to keep them pure with very little green matter.

Hmm, not sure, I’ve never done a dry ice shake, just water. I think @grbattle420 just did a dry ice run, maybe has some pointers.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

In the middle of soil tests on the tent girls. Only testing the Banana with the floppy leaves because they're all in the same soil and have been fed near the exact same nutes. So far my pH is 6.5 and my phosphorus is dead on. Doing the K and N tests now. The next kit I buy will have enough plungers that I don't have to wash between tests.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

My nitrogen is very low (as expected) and the test barely registered any potassium. So, "DING DING DING, we've got a winner!", potassium deficiency. Going to go look up how to solve this. Not sure that just feeding some nutes will work without it spiking the levels of everything else.

Madmax

Madmax

You worn out a bottle jack already lol..

Man seen those fires on tv..i cant believe how much your state burns.total devastation

I keep saying to myself its a wonder yous have anthing to burn..so this was some fuckstick throwing out a butt..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You worn out a bottle jack already lol..

Man seen those fires on tv..i cant believe how much your state burns.total devastation

I keep saying to myself its a wonder yous have anthing to burn..so this was some fuckstick throwing out a butt..

I didn't know that but it's usually the case, at least along highways. The worst fire starter is dry lightening.

I was saying it here before it all started. With even a tiny percentage of the population being morons 1/100, 1/1000, even 1/10000, that's still plenty enough idiots to crispify us all. I know for a fact morons exist, and in great enough numbers that I've met/known a lot more than a few. And I'm not talking like people with disabilities like Downs. Cause I've known a lot of them too and even though they couldn't do math or read a novel they still applied the mental resources they did have to form, wisdom/common sense/ street smarts... "it".

The morons may be able to multiply 12x12 but they don't have, nor can they comprehend... "it". They are truly stupid people.

Years ago one of these idiots started the 49'er fire and burned half of our Twin Cities. He was lighting toilet paper on fire. They had to jail him in a distant location because hundreds of people were trying to kill him.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Couldn't find a tent that would fit my girls and the trailer so I ordered a 170-250w personal space heater. Should be just enough to keep them happy at night.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm rippin kief from the 18", binge watching Two Broke Girls. Up in Smoke is next. It's starting out to be a great day.

Grow Log 11/22/18 (tent)

OK, anyone saying the low temps have been my problem is "dead on". The "big 3" nute levels and pH are perfect. I should have the low watt 170w/200wspace heater here by Friday so they should be back on track this weekend. At least I know that I should have great grows when low temps are no longer an issue. I have plans to build a grow cabinet up in my room to continue breeding through the winter. The tents I've been looking into are just not big enough. They're 3', and I need at least 4' clearance.

Here are the girls in the outdoor tent, and even though they're in a bit of a stall from the outdoor temps (outside the tent) in the mid 40'sF, they're doing much better after that K boost. It's all a learning process, right?

20181122 065657
20181122 065719

Protecting my 5th wheel's footings from rain erosion. I can't imagine how bad the fire damaged areas in and around Paradise are doing from it.
20181121 145747

On another sad note...

Pics from my local Kmart. The employees claim it was a run products due to the Thanksgiving holiday but I know it was from vendors recalling their stock due to Kmart filing bankruptcy last month. There is barely anything left on the shelves aside from Kmart's in house brand. I've read that, in another monumentally stupid move, Kmart is closing another huge group of stores "right before" the end of the year. Panic does not save companies and only panic would cause a variety store chain to close before the final Christmas rush. So if your local Kmart store looks like this, don't buy anything from them that might need to be returned after Christmas.
20181120 140716
20181120 140735

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Here's why I'm struggling to find space to bring my girls inside. When I bought the tent (on the deck in the pic) I was in a nearly 40' 5th wheel and I dedicated the back bedroom to growing. As you can see my bedroom isn't full sise now, lol. I know she's little but this one is all mine.
20181122 092037

It's better than this 12' gutted out POS I originally lived in on this property. Even with a tarp water poured into it. I had to use expanding foam to fill the gaps where the body separated from the frame and used a 1lb propane can Little Heater Buddy to survive a harsh winter. Had just moved into the 38' 5th wheel when I joined this forum.
20181122 092611

My 27' 5th wheel might be small but I have automatic everything, forced air heating, and a full sise shower, yay. She's real nice inside. I have a lot to be thankful for.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 11/22/18 (tent, update)

The girls are really perking & frosting up. The K is doing it's job. The little heater will really help when it gets here. The weather is slightly cool today so with only one fan and it turned down the tent temp feels about 70F. They're lovin it.

Finally some interesting pics for you.

CN, BIC#4, BIC#5
20181122 131903

Chocolate Nepal
20181122 132211
20181122 132205

Banana Ice Cream #4
20181122 131929

20181122 131934

Banana Ice Cream #5
20181122 132230
20181122 132227

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

After my first harvest I found trading in nuggs ain't so easy no more. I learned how to make some concentrates but the market is pretty saturated there as well. One thing I am really good at is making food and drinks and I saw this weed cooking challenge show on Netflix. A lot of the contestants said they were chefs who did cannabis service for people in home. I have years of professional cooking and light bartending experience. My niche is making roadhouse style food for drunk people, but I also know Korean BBQ (my step-mom was a country Korean who taught me how to cook from scratch), some French-Vietnamese Pho, Chinese, Mexican, Southern comfort, etc... Want to learn Mediterranean/Middle-Eastern pastries next, yummm). Maybe I can do this same thing but less extravagant and much cheaper. I've been building up a set of small kitchen equipment like waffle iron, bread maker, double boiler, deep fryer, etc... I can bring joints and concentrates for when they're waiting for tabletop fried edibles like doughnuts and corn fritters or standard munchibles to go with their buzz. I mean, who wants to have everything they eat make them hungrier? I can do full service with edibles and regular food.

I'm starting to reconnect with old friends so all I'll need to do is a couple of giggs then word will get around for birthdays, sports get-togethers, poker nights, or just Friday night parties.

Sh*t, this could work. I still need a single burner Camp Chef stove for my iron grill cause my double is too hard to transport.

Testing out the new fryer. Anyone whose ever worked on a Cali construction site knows these. They suuuuck... until you drop them in a deep fryer. Then they're super munchible. hehehe.
20181123 064544

I'll be making homemade fried burritos this week to test one of my new recipes on my cousins.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 11/23/18 (tent)

They're hanging in there. Temps aren't too bad right now with the rain goin on.
20181123 163717
20181123 163728

The little heater I bought for them arrived today but I'm not going to put it in the tent yet. The dew point is very low and a lot of moisture is building on the walls of the tent. Need to make sure I can safely set the heater in there. After running it for a few minutes and feeling it's heat output, I think I'll need a thermostat controlled AC outlet. I can't run it unless the temp drops into the low 40'sF without a control on it. Don't want to cook em. It's very little heat but that can build quickly in this little tent.
20181123 165203

I found this thermostat switched AC controller for $21 on Amazon. It'll have to wait a minute. I'm tapped out till the 1st.
81w9g0IXvJL AC SL1500

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@Farmer P

Remember we were talking about these little cnc machines last year. Most were still using serial connectors to old Win98 machines. Check this new one out. Comes with laser, print, and milling modules. It's got a small table but I'm hearing it's possible to expand that. Running around $800, but that isn't bad with the three modules and modern interface. They also have an upgraded laser module that can be purchased. Man, rep-raps have come a long way in a decade.
61cBGYEkfeL AC SL1500

Here's the Amazon link...

https://www.amazon.com/Snapmaker-En...JEzDL&ref=plSrch#immersive-view_1543022370886

I don't know a lot about it yet but it looks promising. I could really use one of these if I plan on doing much more indoor growing and building custom cabinets. I'm always having to hand make a do-dad here and there for this or that. Would be nice to make things exactly how I want them.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 11/24/18 (tent, will get some outdoor Idunnoes pics when the rain stops)

They're actually starting to look happy. Developing a lot o' frost. I have no doubt they've been stunted a bit from all the K and cold trauma, but still plenty big enough for a good load of healthy beans. With the new micro heater and temp/outlet control module I'll be ordering, they should remain happy till harvest.
20181124 082358
20181124 082422

Farmer P

Farmer P

@Farmer P

Remember we were talking about these little cnc machines last year. Most were still using serial connectors to old Win98 machines. Check this new one out. Comes with laser, print, and milling modules. It's got a small table but I'm hearing it's possible to expand that. Running around $800, but that isn't bad with the three modules and modern interface. They also have an upgraded laser module that can be purchased. Man, rep-raps have come a long way in a decade.
View attachment 842696
Here's the Amazon link...

https://www.amazon.com/Snapmaker-En...JEzDL&ref=plSrch#immersive-view_1543022370886

I don't know a lot about it yet but it looks promising. I could really use one of these if I plan on doing much more indoor growing and building custom cabinets. I'm always having to hand make a do-dad here and there for this or that. Would be nice to make things exactly how I want them.

Hell yeah! That looks badass. I like the laser engraving attachment too. I'd be engraving all my stuff for days lol. Hopefully the price will come down some in the future. Hope you had a nice holiday. We decided (my wife did :\) not to make a turkey this year. We had some great pot roast, but I kinda missed the turkey. I'm really enjoying this 4 day weekend. I haven't had one in quite a while working in the casino. Your little heater setup looks cool. Hopefully it keeps the temp pretty constant. I'm gonna harvest my girls next friday and flip the next batch. It's gonna be cowboy kush (hells angels kush x stardawg) and thug life (triple og x extreme og). I also have a cut of my cookies n chem I may grow out but haven't made up my mind yet. Hopefully one of these will be a special one. Something in that veg box is smelling great already! I've got three carbon filters working 24-7 and my house still smells pretty strong. Luckily my wife seems to have gotten used to it and isn't complaining lol.

Top Bottom