• Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 12/16/18

20181216 081641
20181216 081655

3 balls

3 balls

OK, I couldn't get Nuke Em to work in my thermal fogger today. At least not mixed according to the label and set with the fogger instructions. It did produce white fog but it took pumping it 4-5x per sec compared to 1x every 3-4 sec as per instructions. Since it did produce some white fog it's possible I didn't have it hot enough or maybe it needed to be primed somehow. I'll test it tomorrow with straight water and see what results I get. Worst case scenario I use it with pyrethrin insecticide next year.

Used my pump sprayer instead. Took 3.5 gal. If I can get it to work in the fogger it should use a tiny fraction of that amount next time.
Hey bro, I searched foggers and this post is the closest thing I can find to what I'm looking for. Did you get your thermal fogger to work? I had the idea to use one of these (see below) for green cleaner and azamax, in theory something like this should get uniform coverage while, as you mentioned use a fraction of product. While I'm not spraying plants taller than telephone poles like you, I do have a couple decent size rooms. Thanks in advance for any advice.

81Bdbj%2B24IL._SL1500_.jpg

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 12/19/18
Hey bro, I searched foggers and this post is the closest thing I can find to what I'm looking for. Did you get your thermal fogger to work? I had the idea to use one of these (see below) for green cleaner and azamax, in theory something like this should get uniform coverage while, as you mentioned use a fraction of product. While I'm not spraying plants taller than telephone poles like you, I do have a couple decent size rooms. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I did not get it to work with Nuke Em. I didn't try Azamax in it so I don't know if it will work, however I found nothing that says it will work in one so I doubt it. I think the foggers only work with special formulations meant to vaporise. If you want to spray just about anything in uniform coverage I've seen recommendations saying to use an airless paint sprayer. I'm a journeyman house painter with many years of experience using airless sprayers so I know that they are capable of atomising any of these products but I am unsure if using an airless close enough to get good coverage will not also damage the plant.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. A good quality pump sprayer with an adjustable tip gives great coverage and they aren't expensive. The next pump sprayer I buy I'm going to spend the extra money for quality so I don't have to replace it every year. The bigger pump sprayer I bought has a top mounted pump instead of internal and it worked better than the cheaper more compact one with the internal (submerged) pump. My only problem with the top mount was the wand breaking but it sprayed well when it wasn't broken.

This is the one I bought that sprayed well but the wand broke quickly. Maybe it was just a dud.
71LhIa43k5L AC SL1500

If you do decide to get an airless, I recommend a Graco piston airless sprayer like these...
Screenshot 20181220 011347
Screenshot 20181220 011448

I recommend the X5 over the first one because it can handle a longer hose and can spray more viscous material (I owned the stand version X7. Great little units). Plus, you have a paint sprayer if you need it for painting. Win, win. As long as you only use water based products and clean it out properly you should have no problem switching between paint and pesticides. If you do end up using one of these make sure to wear a respirator even with something as benign as Azamax. Since an airless thoroughly atomises the product being sprayed and it will be airborn.

(Note* Make sure the airless is a piston sprayer. Diaphragm sprayers are garbage.)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

If you were local I'd give you mine so it would be nothing if you destroy it trying different things. I don't know if the Nuke Em hurt it. (Nuke Em is total BS, didn't work at all).

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hey bro, I searched foggers and this post is the closest thing I can find to what I'm looking for. Did you get your thermal fogger to work? I had the idea to use one of these (see below) for green cleaner and azamax, in theory something like this should get uniform coverage while, as you mentioned use a fraction of product. While I'm not spraying plants taller than telephone poles like you, I do have a couple decent size rooms. Thanks in advance for any
advice.

This is my answer to a fogger, takes a little elbow grease but great for little spaces tho wont do much on a big scale :)
It a fun experiment only tho. Not a real substitute for a fogger. It gets the job done for my 4x4 but probably the max you can go with this, but the same shit could be done with a big sprayer like at the link and will get a much longer fog time.
Never could get the true fog consistency with sprayers and this cost literally nothing to me :D

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/turning-shitty-hand-sprayer-into-a-fogger-kinda.101306/

3 balls

3 balls

@CrimsonEcho I do remember seeing that, pretty damn resourceful of you.

I actually have one of these-
th
Draw backs are that once you get down to 3/4 gal it doesn't want to pick up- end up wasting product. It also simulates a hurricane to the plants.

What I use most of the time is one of these-
th

which works pretty slick minus firing up the air compressor and dragging the hose around without knocking shit over.
I looked up foggers on youtube and (watch a few seconds of below) I was hopeful I had stumbled across the ultimate weapon, cordless, a beautiful misting with no unwanted buildup and incredible efficiency as far as product. At this point my dreams are dashed as I'm pretty sure Smith is right in that the product has to be formulated for vaporizing.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter

th
Draw backs are that once you get down to 3/4 gal it doesn't want to pick up- end up wasting product. It also simulates a hurricane to the plants.

th

which works pretty slick minus firing up the air compressor and dragging the hose around without knocking shit over.
I looked up foggers on youtube and (watch a few seconds of below) I was hopeful I had stumbled across the ultimate weapon, cordless, a beautiful misting with no unwanted buildup and incredible efficiency as far as product. At this point my dreams are dashed as I'm pretty sure Smith is right in that the product has to be formulated for vaporizing.

Yeah for a true fog like that you will need a product thats good for foggers. What is the mode of action for those foggers. If they’re like stage foggers you can use glycerin and lecithin to make a suspension of your active ingredient and try to get a fog from that. Tho this is just a stoner blurting out the first idea that pops into his head :D

Edit; he was very clear about the mode of action :) yeah if its not cool fog then it’ll probably not going to work.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

This is my answer to a fogger, takes a little elbow grease but great for little spaces tho wont do much on a big scale :)
It a fun experiment only tho. Not a real substitute for a fogger. It gets the job done for my 4x4 but probably the max you can go with this, but the same shit could be done with a big sprayer like at the link and will get a much longer fog time.
Never could get the true fog consistency with sprayers and this cost literally nothing to me :D

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/turning-shitty-hand-sprayer-into-a-fogger-kinda.101306/

That's pretty creative dude. Definitely a small space solution. I don't think it's different enough from a standard pump sprayer to make it worth building if you already have one, but cool none the less.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

th

th

That laquer sprayer is a pretty good tool. It's hard to find anything that can atomise a range of fluids more effectively than that unit. I'd stick with it unless you want to use pyrethrin formulated to work in the thermal pump fogger.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah for a true fog like that you will need a product thats good for foggers. What is the mode of action for those foggers. If they’re like stage foggers you can use glycerin and lecithin to make a suspension of your active ingredient and try to get a fog from that. Tho this is just a stoner blurting out the first idea that pops into his head :D

Edit; he was very clear about the mode of action :) yeah if its not cool fog then it’ll probably not going to work.

I think thermal foggers use an oil based solution. I'm not certain though.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I think thermal foggers use an oil based solution. I'm not certain though.

I’m not sure on that too. I am trying not to use any heavy pesticides. All i know is people use stage foggers and the said mix with added cannabis extract to create vapor and inhale that. In theory if it works for vaporizing cannabis maybe it can work for vaporizing neem extracts?

Top Bottom