Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Some nugs are going to be a b*tch to harvest. Grew right through the chicken wire.

20171003 094709
20171003 094738

Looking very ripe, expecting amber any day now. The camera is seeing a lot of live hairs but they are dying back to already swollen bracts.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Some nugs are going to be a b*tch to harvest. Grew right through the chicken wire.

View attachment 746835 View attachment 746836
Looking very ripe, expecting amber any day now. The camera is seeing a lot of live hairs but they are dying back to already swollen bracts.

Wire cut that chicken wire!
I checked my buds closely yesterday. They are growing like true sativa. No end in sight for me yet.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been fighting an uphill battle all the way. I got the go ahead to grow in May but didn't have the money to start till June. My three Kush clones didn't even have roots. When I put my girls in the ground my total growing knowledge consisted of measuring nutrients I didn't understand a few times, a few seasons of trimming, and an afternoon of Jorge Cervantes YouTube videos. Then I got mites and for a month I thought it was a nutrient deficiency. The third pesticide finally worked somewhat. Now they're multiplying again.

If I get 2lbs each I'll be f^ckin relieved.

Next season is a different story. Over the last 4 months I've been soaking up the knowledge. I'm confident I can grow 15-20lb trees in 500 gal pots and 5-6lb potent Sativa hybrids in 200 gal. I may grow in several different styles next year but barring some pest or blight I don't know about, should get good yields.

My next step I'm basically starting over as a dunce again. Indoor. If I can do both effectively it'll open doors.
I believe in you Peter Pan. :D You are doing great for your 1st time out. It only gets better as you gain knowledge. I must say I respect your efforts. I was spoiled out of the gate. I apprenticed under a ganja god for about 5 years when I was coming up in the 70's. It is a whole diff world when you have the master right there riding your azz and showing you the way. But you will make it work. I know you will. Once you get bit by the growing bug there is NO turning back!!!!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I believe in you Peter Pan. :D You are doing great for your 1st time out. It only gets better as you gain knowledge. I must say I respect your efforts. I was spoiled out of the gate. I apprenticed under a ganja god for about 5 years when I was coming up in the 70's. It is a whole diff world when you have the master right there riding your azz and showing you the way. But you will make it work. I know you will. Once you get bit by the growing bug there is NO turning back!!!!

Oh, dude, for sure. I love growing. Even when the harvest panic is setting in. You know, so close you can taste it and you don't want to screw up drying and curing.

It's like harvest showed up way too fast.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I wanted to wash my buds to get all the mites and mite crap off of them but I'm on the fence about rinsing them before or after I harvest. I want to avoid mold and rot but submerging them in in water seems very counterintuitive. Even with a dilute peroxide. But, am I taking more of a risk showering them live and uncut? I didn't hesitate to rinse them in the earlier stages of bloom. I'm going to water tomorrow morning and I think I'll rinse them off. The mites are on the rampage and are moving across the netting to my Kush. For as resistant as they were earlier on the mites seem much more aggresive now. Maybe because I can no longer keep them under control with Azamax. More webs are showing up every day now and I'm fighting an unction to harvest a bit early. I'll hose them tomorrow and see if that slows them down. I would have thought these temps would be good enough to do that but these bastards are fierce.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Oh, dude, for sure. I love growing. Even when the harvest panic is setting in. You know, so close you can taste it and you don't want to screw up drying and curing.

It's like harvest showed up way too fast.

...and thank you. I've really enjoyed the support. In that sense, I feel I've been spoiled as well. The last time I grew any outdoor pot I was Johnny Appleseeding the Sacramento delta in the 80's. There was brown weed everywhere with thanks to bags with 30-40% seeds, lol. Never actually cultivated before now.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Buying some more Sledgehammer in the morning. If I end up needing to harvest before next weekend I'll need some help to get them flushed out. Wonder if I should wait to rinse them...

70-46F Wed, 75-50F Thurs, 80-52F Fri...

Is it better to rinse in cooler or warmer weather to prevent mold? I'd say cooler but they won't dry out as quickly on a cool day. Warmer day will dry them out more but a warmer night while being wet doesn't seem any better. Any unput? I have my choice of temperatures. What a perfect set of days to give me choices. ROFL

Edit - Or ride out the mites and rinse after harvesting? I have no clue at this point my brain is so fried from trying to make decisions regarding these girls.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Buying some more Sledgehammer in the morning. If I end up needing to harvest before next weekend I'll need some help to get them flushed out. Wonder if I should wait to rinse them...

70-46F Wed, 75-50F Thurs, 80-52F Fri...

Is it better to rinse in cooler or warmer weather to prevent mold? I'd say cooler but they won't dry out as quickly on a cool day. Warmer day will dry them out more but a warmer night while being wet doesn't seem any better. Any unput? I have my choice of temperatures. What a perfect set of days to give me choices. ROFL

Edit - Or ride out the mites and rinse after harvesting? I have no clue at this point my brain is so fried from trying to make decisions regarding these girls.

Lucky for you, your air is nice and dry right now. When the air contains high volumes of moisture, thing can get scetchy for sure. After rinsing mites off, not easy, shake the buds dry and if you have a leaf blower, etc., you can get a lot of the moisture out. I am going to post last years gale force storm photos today.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Lucky for you, your air is nice and dry right now. When the air contains high volumes of moisture, thing can get scetchy for sure. After rinsing mites off, not easy, shake the buds dry and if you have a leaf blower, etc., you can get a lot of the moisture out. I am going to post last years gale force storm photos today.

Are you talking pre-harvest on the rinse and blowdry?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Maybe too wet to water today. Meter reads on the high side of moist, almost wet. I do want to start flushing so I might run a 5er through each with Sledgehammer instead of my regular 10 gal.

This cool/warm weather switching is totally screwing with my watering schedule.

On the other hand, moist soil means it will flush if I run the standard 10 gal through fabric pots.

F^ck it, I'll flush em.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Alright, I'm working on the pics now as long as no one comes by and distracts me I can finally get them posted. I was out of weed today (which is really distracting) and my regular delivery service was pulling the normal "We're all out of everything you want but we'll keep it posted on WeedMaps as available" but we'll happily substitute sh*t you don't want for the same price, sh*t. I decided to try a new guy and this is how it went...

Met him 30 minutes from when I first talked to him. I got 1oz Jillybean, 1 gr Fire OG shatter, 1 gr Cookies Glue shatter, 1 gr Durban Poison oil (for vape cartridge refills), 1 gr Blueberry Kush oil, 1 gr Nepalese flower, all for $205! F^ck yah!

Now I'm ready to do some photo editing. Buuuuungh. I love my town.

View attachment 745507
I spy with my little eye, the cannabis encyclopedia! Such a great quick reference guide.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I spy with my little eye, the cannabis encyclopedia! Such a great quick reference guide.

I use it and read it daily. But I think he might have smoked a little too much pot when writing it. It's often incoherent and incomplete. Watched his video on bud washing again yesterday, it looked like he took a firehose to them. I was cringing, lol. Read a forum and several articles on the subject yesterday, as well as some on flushing.

(I'm explaining myself not because I'm being defensive or upset. I just wanted you to know I don't generally throw out questions without having done the leg work first. However sometimes my OCD gets the best of me and I over-research and over-think something to the point my critical thinking takes a sh*t on me from too much info.)

I've been spinning my wheels so hard the last few days I'm absolutely burnt. Thanks for reminding me though, looking through it again right now to see if I missed something.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Oh, no. I don't think a spray rinse will remove mites. I thought you were considering a soaking after harvest to clean mites out. I'm just giving blow drying suggestions.

No, it's fine. You answered my question excellently. I won't risk rot for for no reason, and wait to wash till after the cut. It was a Cervantes thing to rinse mites on growing plants. I think he's a little too hippy dippy sometimes. Like so many of our neighbors. I always feel better and calm after watching him though. It's like someone said on another forum I was reading yesterday, he's like the Bob Ross of weed. RIP

dboy510

dboy510

Damn looking good! Any spider mites that are still alive when u hang to dry will bunch up at the top of them stem and u can easily wipe them off I harvested my blue dream and found some like 5 days after I had them hanging. Didn't see any on the buds at all. The problem I'm having right now is my 2 girl scout cookies are having bud rot and catapillars badly I'm prob going to lose most of both plants. I went out and bought some actinovate today and am gonna spray them and soil drench. Hopefully I can stop the bud rot from spreading. It's so shitty seeing ur biggest best colas biting the dust.

IMG 20171004 174531
IMG 20171004 170529
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'll have more high res pics up shortly. I spent couple hours sorting through them and Win 10 picture viewer decided to close on it's own with all my open photos. I hate Win 10. Either way, I'm going back through them again.

The Orange Creamsicle are ripe. Flushed them with Sledgehammer this morning. If they look ready to me tomorrow I may trim the fan leaves to shed of some mites and give me a good look at what I want to cut.

Judging by the earliest bract that are fully formed, they aren't going to get much bigger, if at all. I think today was the first day of the golden week. Figuring I've got about four-five days max before degeneration begins. Almost all hairs are shriveled, with the last few well on their way. Resin is beginning to cloud in places. Seeing a hint of amber coming on some of the oldest sugar leaves. I've got roughly two days to a perfect cut if I'm reading the signs right. Will be harvesting the bulk of the Creamsicles. Their ripening pattern appears to lean more Indica so the whole plant looks to be ripening at the same rate. I was hoping for staggered cuts but this is fine too. I see a few lowers that might improve from a few extra days. The Kush are still getting nutes, but at a lower dose. I expect them to be ready a few days later and will flush them in 2-3 days.

Here's some phone pics of the Creamsicles since I was already in the garden checking trichs...

A lot of the buds at the end of the colas are as big around as a soda can, or bigger.
20171004 170347
20171004 170223
20171004 170011
20171004 165957
20171004 165952
20171004 165942
20171004 165846
20171004 165707
20171004 165639
20171004 1655470

Latest posts

Top Bottom