Just another sick guy

• Thread starter CheechWizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Giddeon

Giddeon

Sorry no pics to post my camera broke and have no funds for a new one at the moment but i'll explain the best I can......

I ended up doing open lines because when i ran the dripper it ended up clogging in either direction(installed in reverse or like it was supposed to be), I used a 1/2 inch PVC ball valve to control the amount of flow out of the 2 spaghetti tubes in each bucket. I placed one line staked outside the 6" cube in the rocks and the other staked on top of the cube until the beginning of week 3 of flower when I moved the one staked on top of the cube, and put it in the rocks opposite the other line that was already in the rocks.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions,
G

(remember I am no expert just sharing what has worked for me)

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

cool brother, looks like you're running drilled 5 gallon buckets instead of netpots. in the larger buckets, do you think having the extra space around the cubes helped with air flow? They look like they would help block light with that high rim.
What size cubes did you use and how deep was it set into the hydroton? sorry for all the questions and to keep bugging you:rasta2:

Giddeon

Giddeon

cool brother, looks like you're running drilled 5 gallon buckets instead of netpots. in the larger buckets, do you think having the extra space around the cubes helped with air flow? They look like they would help block light with that high rim.
What size cubes did you use and how deep was it set into the hydroton? sorry for all the questions and to keep bugging you:rasta2:

Dont be sorry I asked plenty of questions trying to grasp this system as well..

Yes I used the 3 gal black bucket and drilled holes all over the bottom and then up the side 2 inches. I used a HUGO BLOCK by grodan(6x6x6 cube), IMO stick to the higher grade RW not the place to save money on this system.

As far as the layering in the bucket here is what I did.....

1. Install 1" overflow's in the main square bucket so that the water level is roughly 1.5 inches above the bottom of the 3 gal bucket.

2. Fill rock into the 3 gal bucket until you can just see the water bubbling through

3. Push down on the black bucket (simulating a full grown tree's pressure) so that the water level will rise a bit (roughly just above the rocks) remember this level and stack rock between 2.5 and 3 inches above there. (doing this will make it so the only water that the rockwool gets is from the top feed lines and not wicked up from the DWC part of the system). Push down again and make sure you cant see any water bubbling to the top, if you can fill in more rock.

4. Place your Hugo block into the bucket after you get the water levels right make sure you center the cube and back fill evenly with rock until the 3 gal bucket is full. In my case the cube was left about 2 - 2.5 inches above the rim of the 3 gal bucket.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Killer bro, thanks for the detailed explanation. Now I'll have to get my hands on some of the 3 gallon buckets. See how they compare to the 10" net pots I use now.

Was wondering did you cut the white plastic off the grodan rw cubes or leave it on? How did you cover the 2 - 2.5 inches of rw above the rim of the bucket so light did create algae?

Thanks again!:rasta2:

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Time to show the girls off. Day 27 of flowering. They're done stretching and are at 910 PPM The room is 76-80 degrees.

img_5544.jpg

img_5541.jpg

HG23

HG23

Lookin good cheech, it's good to some sick setups in the MPB department. Thanks for the write up on the foliar spray components. How are you liking the air cooled co2 gens.? Also, did you consider using a smaller hp chiller and a cooling coil to cool you res?

Giddeon

Giddeon

Killer bro, thanks for the detailed explanation. Now I'll have to get my hands on some of the 3 gallon buckets. See how they compare to the 10" net pots I use now.

Was wondering did you cut the white plastic off the grodan rw cubes or leave it on? How did you cover the 2 - 2.5 inches of rw above the rim of the bucket so light did create algae?

Thanks again!:rasta2:

Didnt cut the plastic this time, next time going to do 2 on and 2 off, covered my buckets in refletix to block the light

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Lookin good cheech, it's good to some sick setups in the MPB department. Thanks for the write up on the foliar spray components. How are you liking the air cooled co2 gens.? Also, did you consider using a smaller hp chiller and a cooling coil to cool you res?

Thanks HG23! The air cooled plug'n'grow burners are the best. Not one glitch and the air keeps them cool. I set the fan up on the co2 controller so they turn on together. The electronic ignition is vary reliable.

Enrich-Fig-1a_edit.JPG
Enrich-Fig-1b_edit.JPG

Yup! the chiller is overkill. Would have been ok with a 1.5 or 2 HP, but now I have room to upgrade:)

Giddeon, Thanks brother!

B

Bobby Smith

Cheech, what made you go with an aircooled over a watercooled?

And how do they work? Simply a fan blowing on them to cool it, or does it have ducting and whatnot?

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

From what I have read the watercooled hydro innovations units had lots of trouble starting and then glitch out. I think they have a new version that might be better but who knows.

The P'n'G have a 6" duct that pipes the air through the units heat exchanger. The stay nice and cool.

B

Bobby Smith

Yeah, I wanted to get a Hydro Innovations generator but they stopped making a natural gas model so I had to go with the "unbranded" Marey (it's 100% identical, just re-branded by HydroInnovations).

Installed it two days ago, seems to be working fine.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Yeah, I wanted to get a Hydro Innovations generator but they stopped making a natural gas model so I had to go with the "unbranded" Marey (it's 100% identical, just re-branded by HydroInnovations).

Installed it two days ago, seems to be working fine.

Nice I bet you saved some coin on the marey. Any issues with condensation on your cold water lines?

B

Bobby Smith

Honestly, have only run it for a few hours, but the only condensation was occuring on the cooling coil (which is run inline with the generator and will assist in cooling my reservoir).

Here's a little two minute video I shot the other day after I set it up - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU PUT BATTERIES IN CORRECTLY..........lol.

And the Marey was $50 cheaper than the Hydrogen - I would've rather "supported the cause" and paid the extra $50 because I like HI a lot, but the fact they stopped making natural gas models kinda made that decision for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWTX5CqEALw

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

We've got buds

ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU PUT BATTERIES IN CORRECTLY..........lol.
Hahaha, you know I do it from time to time. How long does it take to bring your room to 1500?

Wohoo! Day 34 and she pushing hard. Going to switch to overdrive next week. Yeh, yeh a little yellowing, I know.

img_5773.jpg

img_5775.jpg

img_5779.jpg

Told you she was fast.

:banana1sv6:

B

Bobby Smith

Looks fannnnnnnnnnntastic.

And it takes no time at all to bring my 14x10 room up to 1500 - that generator can produce 45K BTUs - probably takes about 30 seconds on the highest setting, but I turned it down so a) more heat is removed by the water and b) that cool coil will have more cold tap water running through it.

So a little over a minute now.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Thanks brothers. waiting on the cooler weather and the start of next run before going back to 17 bulbs. with winter coming hopefully I can buy a little time before having to get another ac .

S

socalsinner

Nice..

is lost back yet?
i miss his input.
fido

Nice work Cheech. Keep it up brotha. Saw Lost not too long ago and talked to him the other day ... Hes doing good. Im sure he will be back on here real soon. Oh yeah thanks for the Purple Dawg seeds Lost! SS

Latest posts

Top Bottom