Just jarred my buds and are showing 58% humidity, should I burp?

• Thread starter CriticalZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CriticalZ

I just trimmed and jarred my buds and its showing 58% humidity. Should I burp?. I hear different opinions about this. Cause really why would I burb if my buds are at the perfect moisture level? Some people say you should either way burp them to let at the gasses. What would you do? I also have boveda packs 62%. Should I add them now or add after the cure. The plant has now been drying for 10 days and I dontā€™t want to mess up the final step which is curing:)

electroguy

electroguy

I just trimmed and jarred my buds and its showing 58% humidity. Should I burp?. I hear different opinions about this. Cause really why would I burb if my buds are at the perfect moisture level? Some people say you should either way burp them to let at the gasses. What would you do? I also have boveda packs 62%. Should I add them now or add after the cure. The plant has now been drying for 10 days and I dontā€™t want to mess up the final step which is curing:)
I think I f-ed a jar with bodiva packs. Turned brown. Be cautious

Mothman

Mothman

I actually target 58% RH. I keep some 62% packs around, but mostly my 58% packs are in use. And yes, if they just went into jars, Iā€™d burp em and air out regardless of initial RH.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

get some grove bags and fuck the burp

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I recommend Grove bags, too. After drying, we cure the buds in Grove bags for 4 to 6 weeks. Then they go in jars.
I like this idea. I had a 1lb bag that I filled from my outdoor and itā€™s still in there since beginning of November. Itā€™s still good I just feel like itā€™s a little dry. But I do open it every coupl weeks to fill up my smoke jar. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s why itā€™s a little dryer than I like. But Iā€™m going to try the bag to jar idea.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Should sell em on flea bay even at Ā£/$10 a jar witch is a give away price thatā€™s Ā£/$300
really i only paid like 20 bucks for a 12 pack case who would paid 30 bucks a jar im talking about quart mason jars plus there covered with trichomes on the inside

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I like this idea. I had a 1lb bag that I filled from my outdoor and itā€™s still in there since beginning of November. Itā€™s still good I just feel like itā€™s a little dry. But I do open it every coupl weeks to fill up my smoke jar. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s why itā€™s a little dryer than I like. But Iā€™m going to try the bag to jar idea.
from what i understand for long term storage you heat seal them

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd dump them out on a cookie sheet for at least 24 hrs. Then a couple of hours every day for a week.
Make sure your jars are Dry Dry or you will end up with mouldy weed. Way to wet yet.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

from what i understand for long term storage you heat seal them
I did that at first but had to break in lol I think a bunch of smaller 1oz bags would work better for me. So I can seal em all and just open a fresh bag every time. Itā€™s not super dry just a little more than I like.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I did that at first but had to break in lol I think a bunch of smaller 1oz bags would work better for me. So I can seal em all and just open a fresh bag every time. Itā€™s not super dry just a little more than I like.
yea i got some half oz , oz ,qp, hp and lb bags i have yet to use my lb bag lol

Newty

Newty

Get the Grove Glass Less bags for a consumption bag, they are a little more heavy duty and have the 5 track zipper. They are actually made as a personal use bag rather then a storage bag so they designed them for being handled and opened often.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

I'd be very cautious not to go below 55%RH or 8%MC, that's generally when quality deteriorates and there's no going back.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
really i only paid like 20 bucks for a 12 pack case who would paid 30 bucks a jar im talking about quart mason jars plus there covered with trichomes on the inside
View attachment 2142411
I just put a cup of iso in one shake it, got it he next, repute and clean em lol, but supermarket sells them for $15 for a 12 pack I buy cases and cases for canning food every year, always doing more lol

But I prefer the half gallon jars, same price but only 6 per case but I like curing larger amounts if possible

Tried grove bags a few times wasent a huge fan, they worked but my buds were crispier quicker in the long run storing in them

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ā™„ fat colas
Supporter
I just put a cup of iso in one shake it, got it he next, repute and clean em lol, but supermarket sells them for $15 for a 12 pack I buy cases and cases for canning food every year, always doing more lol

But I prefer the half gallon jars, same price but only 6 per case but I like curing larger amounts if possible

Tried grove bags a few times wasent a huge fan, they worked but my buds were crispier quicker in the long run storing in them
I prefer glass jars and once it's stabilized for a while I throw a small boveda pack in for long term storage. I always put a small one in there tho

Latest posts

Top Bottom