Just purchased 2 Blackstar 600w LED grow lights

• Thread starter bmf725
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bmf725

I just purchased 2 blackstar 600 watt flowering lights. Paid $1100 for both of em shipped to my door. This will be my first FULL indoor grow. I have grown only seedling and vegged indoors but always flowered out doors. I will be using an Aero/NFT Scrog system. Does anyone have any experience with the blackstars? and how far off the cannopy I need to be? Please no LED haters (Like I care what your opinion is anyways) lets keep it positive

C

Cartoon Head

I think that it`s half the hight of the plants to get the right spread of light.Also,I was wondering if your panels came with 2w or 3w leds? Just curious coz I heard that 3w minimum is needed to get results like hps,or better.

G

gasman420

ill get the armchair ready, im in on this one if you dont mind

B

bmf725

I think that it`s half the hight of the plants to get the right spread of light.Also,I was wondering if your panels came with 2w or 3w leds? Just curious coz I heard that 3w minimum is needed to get results like hps,or better.

I believe it uses a combination of 2w and 3w led's.

S

SSC

Cool. What size is your room? How many plants? Do you know what type of LED's they use in their light?

B

bmf725

Cool. What size is your room? How many plants? Do you know what type of LED's they use in their light?

They use 288 Led's in the panel, I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on my grow room. It its 15'x12'X7'6". I am going to section off a small portion of the room probably 8x5 for a veg/clone area. The rest will be flower. I am a legal medical grower in the northern Midwest and am allowed 24 plants as of right now. I currently have 10 Pure Kush, 1 Burmese kush, and 1 Sage N sour going in my old set up in my bedroom closet they are 10.8 days old (I am using Herb IQ to track my entire grow). I would like to have 18 plants in flower 3 weeks apart at all times and 6 veg with 2 mothers. I built 3 individual Stinkbud Jr's so that I can have a perpetual harvest. I will be using Advanced nutrients ph perfect Grow Micro Bloom, Voodoo juice, overdrive, bud candy, B-52 and Big bud. I will keep updating through out the whole grow. Now im going to finish hanging the new LED's and Roast up a big ass bowl of some bubble hash:free-character-smil:free-character-smil:free-character-smil

R

Rushed

Can you post some pics?
Would like to see them in action.

B

bmf725

Here are some pics
http://i886.invalid.com/albums/ac61/bmf725/100_0321.jpg
http://i886.invalid.com/albums/ac61/bmf725/100_0320.jpg
http://i886.invalid.com/albums/ac61/bmf725/100_0315.jpg

R

Rushed

What kind of a foot print for flowering doese that badboy have.
The 357 mag doese 3' x 3'.
Very interested in how well the black star preforms.
Thanks

B

bmf725

The manufacturer says 12 square feet. Witch I think is pretty accurate, but I guess we will find out when it is time to flower.

O

oldnug

i just registered for this, and im pullin up a chair.. i plan on buying this light in a couple months, and am interested in how it performs. How many plants you doing per light?

O

oldnug

Nice! I'm interested in either the Blackstar 600w, the magnum 357, or the spectra led 290. Anyone know which performs best? What made you go with the Blackstar? I want to get one or 2 soon.. maybe i'll mix it up and pick 2 different ones.
But I pulled up a chair.. interested to see how this blackstar does!

B

bmf725

Nice! I'm interested in either the Blackstar 600w, the magnum 357, or the spectra led 290. Anyone know which performs best? What made you go with the Blackstar? I want to get one or 2 soon.. maybe i'll mix it up and pick 2 different ones.
But I pulled up a chair.. interested to see how this blackstar does!

I went with the blackstar because of price and it combines 2-3w leds and 60 and 120 degree lenses. I have seen the magnum 357 perform very well for people. The 357 magnum i belive is 180w actual power draw. My blackstar is in the 350w actual power draw range. Im sure about 20 or so of those watts if for the 8 cooling fans the blackstar has and I tell you what the fixture has not gone over 80F and thats checked with a lazer temp gun after 18 hours being on. but one thing you have to remember is they all are assembled in china using domestic (USA) made led chips if they are bridgelux or cree or any reputable ho led manufacturer.

R

recreationaluse

this is my first post and came across this looking for info on the blackstar 180 watt led. for its two cents worth i own a blackstar 240 and am extremely impressed with blackstar products. They have done their research. there 6 spectrum lights imo are worth every cent and i have personally seen the results with my own eyes. anyone has any questions just ask but i will be following up on this because im debating on either 2 more 240's or a 500 or 600... also as an electrician i can tell you that it doesnt require a 240 watt draw to put out 240 watts. if you want an explanation just ask

B

bmf725

Yes please do I am also and electrician (apprentice). I know that it is possible to put out more watts than it uses just not sure how. I believe the 500 watt has more penetration but the 240 and 600 watt lights have a more even ballance of penetration and light foot print.

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

I'm subscribed & along fer the ride , Keep the Info flowin ,,,

hiboy

hiboy

If those are 3 watt l.e.d.s thats whay they draw. Never the less that aint much for what you get, they sound pretty fricking kewl. I was thinking about hanging vertically 6-1000watters and line the walls with the l.e.d.s if i can afford it
hiboy

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I cant wait to see this grow..subbed in. good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom