Just purchased 2 Blackstar 600w LED grow lights

• Thread starter bmf725
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

willy led wonka

IMO you dont have enough led lights to cover your area. It looks to me like you need to get 2-3 more lights to accomplish your goal. By adding more lights and putting them closer you will get the benefit of "interlacing" of the lights like they do with the hps lights. And you will reallly begin to see how your now really getting the benefit from leds. You dont need that hps light,,unless money is the factor--and i get that. We have been playing with the bs500s and the advanced 360s. There are many factors to really get great results with the leds. I have NO experience with the bs600,,,,i will say that right up front.
However i have 5 of the bs500s with 6 nft tables under them with only 6 plants. My yeild is gonna exceed more than the same plants under 2 600 hps. My panels are 12" apart and im covering a 3x9ft area. I was thinking it was overkill---but with some OOmpa time with a very respected grower in my area--he tended to agree with my "interlacing" of the panels. He just thought i should have them higher than 12" above the plants. But couldnt argue with the success im achieving under leds. He has now decided to get rid of his 9-1000 watt hps lights and switch totally over to led lights. So if you are interested the led game. Get ready to get your wallet out if you want to do it right.
Another buddy has 4 of the advanced 360s over an apollo 2 areoponice system. Its roughly 3x8ft. And he is getting great results also.
We are keeping the rooms between 75 -80 degrees and running the panels from 6-16" above the plants to see where the best yeild is. You are on the right track, you just need more lights. Sorry for the book...lol.

Nice job on your grow and keep up the hard work. OOmpa times in your garden---wonka

B

bmf725

I would probably need about 6 more led lights to properly light my garden. These things only have about a 3x2 ft core coverage area. And to be honest im not sure the led's work better as my first harvest was about 90% led as I introduced the HID in the last week of flower. Now that I have run the hid on a full run the results don't lie. I believe led's do work but not as well as hid. Im sorry they just DONT make the cut! For the money involved in adding more led's I could add another HID for a 1/10th the cost and not to mention the heat given off by led's especially when you have a lot of them running is more than my 1000 watt air cooled HID gives off. So the money that is supposedly saved by not having to cool the room as much by using led's is a bunch of crap. And I have this feeling that Cannabis plants use much more light spectrum's then what led companies are saying. Just because you have a lot of peak PAR spectrum's doesn't mean you will get great results and not only that but how can we trust an LED company in china to produce a led that puts out and EXACT spectrum? . I am not convinced that LED's solely by themselves as a primary light source are better then HID's. All of my statements and opinions are based from REAL experience with both HID and LED.

Thank you all for listening to me ramble.

W

willy led wonka

i hear ya.....the led game is expensive to do right no matter which brand of light you use.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

i believe you still want 50-60 w/ft2 with led. get a few more grows under your belt before discounting the led. you only got 0.1 gpw. however, it seems the best led yield close to 1 gpw. nail down your environment first. start with just the base nutes...no additives.

hps hands down outperforms led. led require different conditions than hps...so pick one and get good with it. my .02

btw, how can you drop a couple grand on led, and not buy a $300 a/c?

K11NG

K11NG

I would probably need about 6 more led lights to properly light my garden. These things only have about a 3x2 ft core coverage area. And to be honest im not sure the led's work better as my first harvest was about 90% led as I introduced the HID in the last week of flower. Now that I have run the hid on a full run the results don't lie. I believe led's do work but not as well as hid. Im sorry they just DONT make the cut! For the money involved in adding more led's I could add another HID for a 1/10th the cost and not to mention the heat given off by led's especially when you have a lot of them running is more than my 1000 watt air cooled HID gives off. So the money that is supposedly saved by not having to cool the room as much by using led's is a bunch of crap. And I have this feeling that Cannabis plants use much more light spectrum's then what led companies are saying. Just because you have a lot of peak PAR spectrum's doesn't mean you will get great results and not only that but how can we trust an LED company in china to produce a led that puts out and EXACT spectrum? . I am not convinced that LED's solely by themselves as a primary light source are better then HID's. All of my statements and opinions are based from REAL experience with both HID and LED.

Thank you all for listening to me ramble.

grown 100% with led, I understand that yeild on led versus hid doesnt compare, but please send me pictures of buds this sticky under your hids? the product is above par

DSCN5152 1024x768
DSCN5162 1024x768
IMG 20111106 214924 1024x768
S

Shiplessocean

I just purchased 2 500w Blackstar and they have the 3w LED's, I really think thats the way to go and with movers it will be worth it.

You still think it's not worth it? What about with a 1000w MH aircooled in middle? I'm going to try it but I hope I can get some semi good results with a titan EBB and 1 hortilux daylight bulb, raptor reflector.

Right now it's using 3 HPS'S 1000w. Wish i would of seen this before buying but I've seen other journals with happy costumers?

W

willy led wonka

Im not sure what your expectations are my friend? The 500s produce just fine. If you are looking for the yeilds from a 1000 watt light you need to step up and get a 900watt blackstar--it actually will cover a 4x4.. This is 1 case where 1-900 is better than 2-500s. And i would ditch the mover and just add another light. You will b happier. Wonka.

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

Im in week 7 of growing 3 plants under 2 Blackstar 240's and I gotta say. I will be very lucky to get a full ounce off of them all. I was not super impressed with the yield at all.

That being said, I have always felt that bud grown under T5 and LED is more potent for some reason.

Im leaning toward full spectrum T5 (aquarium coral bulbs) is the way to go.

B

bmf725

okay you ask and you shall recieve

Here are some pics of my lemon skunk from DNA genetics. Grown under 3 600 watt blackstars 340 watt actual. and a 1000 watt switchable ballast(running at 750 watts) so a total of 1770 watts I have been averaging 12 ounces per rack(3 racks) so a total of 1022.4 grams average so about .57 grams per watt. I fell I can do much better once i get the enviroment and my noob mistakes under control. I will probably be able to push 16+ ounces per rack in the future.

This lemon skunk is much much frostier than my first 2 harvest that were 100% LED. The lemon skunk was grown under 750 watts of hid and 3x 340 watt leds. I feel the HID fattens the buds up and provides the added coverage area while the leds have alot of uvb in them that frost them girls up like it was dipped in sugar.

100 0527
Ever after

Ever after

it seems like the diamond series would really push the yield up if thats what your looking for they seem really good they might be the first led with a reflector for each led.. that means maybe 2x the yield they also look really cool and those people got great customer service. blackstar is most likely a phone off the hook. while the Diamond series looks like they are dedicated and happy to help their customers. It seems like it just comparing the other led's to the diamond series all the other led company's are going to go out of business. They must sell so many of those units they have 11 bands of color and 90 days back if you don't like it. This company advanced led's GOTTA BEE the best led company in the world farmers... I always talked shit about led lights some how this company actualy made an led that works.

R

Ron

did anyone ever buy LED grow lights from http://www.durmaled.com they have 200w 300w and 600w and they are based in toronto. I am planning to buy from them but just wondering if anyone ever did

G

GreenGuyLED

did anyone ever buy LED grow lights from http://www.durmaled.com they have 200w 300w and 600w and they are based in toronto. I am planning to buy from them but just wondering if anyone ever did

Personally, I'd buy from Magnum LED on BC, I have been testing their new Plus2 and it is a great light. Check out my grow!

Top Bottom