Just thinking out loud about new tech and what the future might look like

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I hear ya but right now heat is my biggest enemy come summer time and trying to find a efficient way to cool without having to run more complicated gear that requires more watts.I am kinda tapped out and don't want to draw anymore from the grid.

You're far from alone in this. That's another reason i like water cooling, as it does more cooling per Ton than AC does.

A water chiller can be stuck out a window on the north side of the house as well. This is the best and most shaded place to put one. If nighttime temps are cool, take advantage with a large res, this will give the system extra reserve to make it through the hottest part of the day.

Insulate your RDWC, even shade the floor they're sitting on with insulation board. Let your rooms run a bit warmer, like @woodsmaneh is doing. If the room is 85 F, it's easier to pull heat out of it. Run a flip schedule so only part of your op I'd on during the day. Run the half that has the most trouble with heat at night.

Insulate the outside wall of your op with foam insulation board; do it in the room so it doesn't make the house look funny.

I got lots more where this came from...

ttystikk

ttystikk

It's not new tech....but I can see integrating something of this nature into the fold here at the >new< Ranch. House...walapini...barn....etc..... all are gonna need an efficient wood-based source of heat...

Wanna do a bit of solar for limited lighting/etc... as well..... but need to enlist my buddy in SoCal who does it for a living to see where to take it all....

lotsa ways to go...lotsa shit to learn.

Keep us apprised of what you find out about various devices you look at, and their cost. I'm very interested in seeing what you find.

One way to improve indoor air quality while saving energy is to use a whole house air to air heat exchanger. This device pushes stale indoor air out, past fresh incoming air, and exchanges its heat- either hot or cool, makes no difference to the unit. This device alone can save over 50% on heating bills, since your house is built to be constantly exchanging air with the outside anyway.

B

basement bob

I'm driving this one TTT!

@ttystikk you inspired me too go to water cooling and I've never looked back. I've got a 5 ton Surna (formerly hydro innovations) with the MultiAqua WCAH.

I can hang meat in my basement if I want too ;) and I do as a French chef.

Anywho has anyone installed one of these combined fuel cell heat pump cogeneration plant thingy ?

Bob

Top Bottom