Just thinking out loud.....

• Thread starter Classic Remix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I love the math guys on the farm.

i wish i was a math guy! i just started thinking about how to figure out the difference in wattage.... and honestly i never applied this to my own garden. just did and about shit myself. have a better grasp on my next moves to do.!

orbad

orbad

So back to your orig question: "would veggin for two weeks be worth it getting about .6g/watt or would a (lets say 5 week veg) be worth the energy expense to only get 1g/watt" (I think that is what the question comes out to be)

So i put a little equation together based on total wattage spent for both situations. The numbers i have below relate to 400W veg and a 1000W flower. I dunno if that is what you run, i just find it common. regardless, its nice to see the difference of a 2 week veg and a 5 week veg, topped off with an 8 week flower on both.
(side note: Im using Watts/Hr - to find out ur bill, see what ur cost is kw/h then find out how many watts you use and divide by 1000 to get ur kw then apply to your cost per hour.)

2 week Veg (1) 400 Watt light (18hr days):
400x18= 7200 watts/hr per day
7200x14(days) = 100.8 KiloWatts

8 week Flower (1) 1000 Watt light (12hr days):
1000x12(hours) = 12000 Watts/hr per day
12000 x 56(days) = 672 Kw

2 WEEK VEG - 100.8 (total veg kw) + 672 (total flower kw) = 772.8 kw/Cycle

Now if u rocked a 5 week veg, that would bring a total veg kw to 252 Kw

5 WEEK VEG - 252 + 672 = 924 Kw/cycle

So the difference in that scenario is 151.2 Kw.

i get charged 1$/3.89 kwh. which would put a total savings of 38.86$ in my case.

so if ur happy with .6/G for veggin for 2 weeks ur looking at 600 Grams on a 1000W light which is like a 1 1/2lbs... Now if u got ur g/w on a 1000w with a 5 week veg, u should pull 2.23 lbs.... so ur looking at a 3/4lb difference...

IMO i would rather spend the 38.86$ and wait 5 weeks for the extra 1400$ + ... if we are talking money wise.

if anyone thinks this is way off let me know and i will correct or delete, just tryna help fellow farmers!
Z

But what about the plants that would be 3 weeks into flowering?

I think we need to now figure crops per year as well.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

This is based on a 1 room setup, start from veg end in flower, one light. U can add the amount of watts all together in a flower and times it by how many hours ur running to figure out diff scenarios

orbad

orbad

I was leading into cycles per year. Staying with your parameters, the short veg cycle would produce 1.2 more harvests in a year. A little more tweaking on that .6 gpw room and you may have a little more product.

K

kushtrees

Gram/ watt is a terrible measure of efficiency. Grams/ watt/ days as you guys are talking about is a much better measure of efficiency. I run trees on a 3 month cycle (have a little separate veg room) but that is strictly to stay within plant count, plus trees are fun.

If your talking 100% efficiency a scrog/ SOG every 2 months is about the best you can get. You can get a gram/ watt with good canopy management and smaller plants. Vertical SOGs are probably about as efficient as you can get when you figure in light, space, and time, but with a low plant count that's just not possible.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Ive found that I can cycle moms into my room so nothing is wasted and that saves. Its a new thing for me but makes sense just start new ones and rotate flavors.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Imo, with the given scenario that classic remix gave us, i would go with the five week veg. But remember he limited grams to .6/w when vegging for only 2 weeks. I know for a fact that u can sog and veg for less than two weeks and get ur g/w. In my years i tried numerous methods, had a chance to gro sog. I used 50 plants under each light placed in 1 gal containers/grow bags. I hand watered/top fed each plant running 4 1000's.... Talk about work. Switched it up to flood tables and after an electrical malfunction, i lost over half within 48 hours... Bad day.
Now days i grow trees! Or should i say shrubs? Veg for 4 weeks to keep a constant cycle of yielding once a month.
Ive never looked at g/w/day and now that i did the math, it put things in a better perspective, for overall ur getting charged each watt u use.
Z

K

kushtrees

Light efficiency goes out the window when you have a plant count to stay under. I would rather run 12k around 6 plants harvest every 4 months than run 6 small plants under 1-2k and harvest every 2 months or so

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I was leading into cycles per year. Staying with your parameters, the short veg cycle would produce 1.2 more harvests in a year. A little more tweaking on that .6 gpw room and you may have a little more product.

I get what u were saying. So lets take a look. But remember im still using the given scenario.
2 week veg+8week flower =10weeks
5week veg+8week flower = 13weeks
There is 52 weeks in a year which would give u 5 cycles for the 2 week veg and 4 cycles for the 5 week veg. If i pull .6g/w i would get 3,000 grams/year. Now for the 5 week veg, if i get 1g/w ur looking at 4,000grams/year.

Alright im done with math, for my brain can only take so many numbers! Anyways this was all based on a certain scenario thats not to realistic for most farmers. Just showing the two differences.

Props to classic remix for getting my wheels turning
Z

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Light efficiency goes out the window when you have a plant count to stay under. I would rather run 12k around 6 plants harvest every 4 months than run 6 small plants under 1-2k and harvest every 2 months or so

Damn a 2:1 ratio of lights per plant! That seems like overkill! Ur better off outside

K

kushtrees

I dnt run that cuz I dont have the amps... I would though if I could...4k around each plant that's 2.5-3# a plant with a decent yielding strain, looking at 15-18# a chop 3 times a year :)

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

this doesnt count fully because hes a god damn legend in the making but jackmayoffer can pull 2.4 a light with og strains with a 14 day veg from rooted. Its insane but he does it. Its about the most perfect enviro. If your out of the vpd white lines your room isnt optimal. Also he pops several hundred beans to find what he wants so every angle is covered from yield to bag appeal.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

? 4 the math wiz's. How come no one counts other watts. I've always counted ac watts fan watts pump watts. Here I gave up the yield race thinking I couldn't yield shit come to find out everyone s doing math with just light wattage. What's wrong with that picture I have my thoughts but ill chime back in later if you can tell me in watt gpw I fall in at .5 per watts. Including radio watts. LMFAO

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

No math wiz, just common sense. Didnt figure in other wattage because that wasnt the question. Everyones grow is completely diff. So i just dropped an equation to help figure out his difference in vegging for certain times according to his g/w/light.

If u wanna figure urs, plug in ur own numbers, add ur extras and get back with ur true g/w.

Yo and if u wanna save money on radio watts, headphones on an ipod do wonders haha
Z

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Lol for the plants radio needs watts they like the good vibrations man I was blazed last night but don't regret the post I didn't see it or its assumed grams per watt of light I was thinking ROI

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Lol for the plants radio needs watts they like the good vibrations man I was blazed last night but don't regret the post I didn't see it or its assumed grams per watt of light I was thinking ROI

ya well you hurt my feelings, crushed the vibe, silenced the music, killed the bird... hahaha nah i would have never did all that equation shit if i wasnt super blazed either! im one to get lit and talk shit forever and always. ha fuck the radio, its bout time to pick up the guitar and sing some ballards bro!
Z

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ty so much I would love hand made vibrations flowing through my rootballs and my bad for raining on parade sometimes it's worth it we need moisture lol it's a droubt in most parts over here? Stay upZ

Latest posts

Top Bottom