Justiceman's grow: The quest for Resin

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Damn fine update bro! Lotsa detail and killer picts... I love the white root shots! Yeah those Smart Pots are awesome cuz they're low profile with a wide stance... Hmmm, I bet that new camera of yours can prob get that last shot with the HPS looking a bit better... If you hold down halfway on the shutter button, you may notice a gradual dimming and brightening of the LCD as the HPS cycles... Take the shot as soon as the LCD is at it's brightest... :cool

BTW, how's the temps in there? Leaf margins are cupping and that v shape reminds me of some high heat shots... :thinking

Your right shady I gotta get that HPS shot down better with this camera. Thanks for the tip I'm going to try that out. I really like the smart pot idea. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to try it out this quest but next quest for sure.

Hey let me know what you think about these shots. I have been manually adjusting the white balance, ISO and shutter speed on camera. Excuse my noob pictures as I am still a beginner in the world of camera usage.
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/IMG_0186.jpg
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/IMG_0180.jpg
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/IMG_0192.jpg

As for temps my hygrometer says it is 75.3 degrees and it usually fluctuates from around 74-77 during lights on. However your confirming a suspicion I have as well. I am questioning whether I placed my sensor in the right spot. I merely just hung it over the hood right near the plant canopy, but the sensor is on one side of the plant canopy instead of the middle. I think It's probably much hotter in the middle. Thanks for pointing that out!

M

mikegreenthumb

looking good i dont got the whole camera thing down either dont feel bad im busy working on horticulture ill take photography later lol

S

supasticky

Here's some of that Green Crack. Shit is so fire! and the smell! this guy justice, man, he did a damn good job on this shit.
DSC02222

:icon_dizzy:

-Supa

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I like the shot in the middle the best... :cool Nice job bud!

justiceman

justiceman

Day 7 Flower

Hey everyone! So it's day 7 of flower and as everyone knows this is just one of those weeks where floral hormones are steadily on the rise of concentrating. I can see a little bit more hairs starting to come out but those teeny bud sites don't usually start coming until week 2-3. Can't wait to see what they look like! Here is what I have been feeding them since last update

Feeding(4/8/10) (3gal)
NOTE:The numbers might seem weird but if you do the math the nutrients are still in the same intended ratio.
150ppm cal mag
1.416ml grow (4.25ml)
2.833ml bloom(8.5ml)
1.416ml amino aide (4.25ml)
2.833ml bloom (8.5ml)
2.833ml infinity (8.5ml)
2.833ml big swell (8.5ml)
23.33ml Humega (70ml)
PPM=500
PH: 5.92
Temp: 20 Celsius

Feeding(4/11/10)
150ppm cal mag
10ml Liquid Karma
9ml Cannazym
12.5ml Humega
Oregonism XL
PPM=350(450 original but diluted with R/O)
Temp: 20 Celsius

Now I have a few upgrades I am thinking about at the moment to make my grow more on the efficient side in terms of cooling at least.

List:
*Sun Shield(insulated reflector cover that is reflective on the outside and keeps heat from radiating out of the reflector)
*Noise reduction clamps(neoprene lined clamps you use to fasten your inline fan, filter, etc. in order to reduce noise and vibrations)
*Bug screen(carbon insert for intake fan that prevents against bugs, mold, etc)
*damper(duct piece that seals the when airflow stops, or electric ones are triggered by whether they receive power or not)
*Insulated ducting(keeps heat from leaking radiating out of the ducts)

The reason I want the damper is because I want to pull in cold air from outside during the night but I don't want to pull in hot hair during the day. If i merely set the intake fan on a timer the duct will still be open when it is off and hot air from outside will still be sucked in from the pressure of the exhaust fan. The other problem is If i do have a damper with just one intake airflow will literally stop when the damper closes and my tent will self implode lol.

My remedy will be to have one intake fan on each side of the tent. The one connected to the outside air will only turn on during night and then the damper will shut during the day. When the damper shuts the other intake fan connected to inside air will turn on and takes the previous fan's place until night comes again. So basically they will switch off at their respective times.

Veg Station update:
So i know I have been talking about building a veg station. Slowly but surely everything is coming together. I have my shelving as you already know. I recently received my 4' 4 lamp C.A.P. Max Lume T5, and my PC fan ventilation set up is en route. I have also purchased panda plastic for the walls. I will end up purchasing a couple cheap T8 fixtures for the cuttings, and seed levels as they don't need as much light as the taller mom's I plan on keeping under the T5 fixture.

Pictures:
Here are two pictures. One of them is right after the lights turned off this mourning and the second is from just about 20 minutes ago. Hope you like em!
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/Day7-1.jpg
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/Day72-1.jpg

winta

winta

the muthafuckin quest! yea yea yea! shit lookin real tight bro i think they dialed in justice :)

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Awesome, I'm one week behind you in our quests... :cool

Once again... Excellent LST technique! I'm dead serious... I'm gonna work to get to your level cuz that's one thing I always do too late... The other is cramming my shelves full of plants so I can't LST. :doh

Next, I'm curious if a passive secondary intake that's simply open to the bedroom would be sufficient to keep the tent from imploding... :thinking

justiceman

justiceman

the muthafuckin quest! yea yea yea! shit lookin real tight bro i think they dialed in justice :)

Yo right on winta! Ya I have them down pretty well now but I expect there are still some untapped powers I haven't unlocked from these girls:icon_spin:

Awesome, I'm one week behind you in our quests... :cool

Once again... Excellent LST technique! I'm dead serious... I'm gonna work to get to your level cuz that's one thing I always do too late... The other is cramming my shelves full of plants so I can't LST. :doh

Next, I'm curious if a passive secondary intake that's simply open to the bedroom would be sufficient to keep the tent from imploding... :thinking

Hey thanks Shady I really appreciate that comment! I definitely like the way this LST came out. This time around I made sure to bend the top lower then the bend in the stock like this.
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/Day17.jpg

It was Day 17 of veg when I did that. I think you more then qualify to do my level of LST. Well either way LST or cramming your shelves is gonna do the trick haha. All these tricks are just so we can get as much foliage and branches into a small pace you know:harvest:

As for the passive intake idea. Well to be honest I didn't even think about that. Thanks for pointing that out as I missed such a basic possibility. I will play around with that, and then purchase a booster fan for the intake if necessary, but I think the passive idea will be good enough.

S

supasticky

Nice bro! They are looking hella perked. I need to get over there and see the "dense formations."

-Supa

M

mikegreenthumb

that green crack you posted in boomers journal FUCKING AWESOME JOB bro + rep for that one

justiceman

justiceman

Day 14 Flower

that green crack you posted in boomers journal FUCKING AWESOME JOB bro + rep for that one

Hey thanks man! I tried really tried hard on that one and certainly ran into some N problems early into flowering but all in all she turned out pretty sweet so I was and am happy with the GC for sure.

Day 14 Flower
Hey everyone so it's finally week 2 of flowering , and I finally have some little buds starting to come in not to mention it's 420. Okay so its about an hour after 420 midnight, but good enough right? I can't wait to see what my Hindu's turn into! My canopy is starting to become more uneven after I untied them, but it is still pretty consistent except for one corner.

I recently acquired my wire, electrical tape, fans, and my ac/dc power supply. I am in the process of slowly setting up the veg station as stated before. Hopefully soon everything will be up and running. When it is I will take some pictures for you guys and show you whats up. I am really excited as I was able to get four 120mm PC fans for the veg station for only $15. Cooler master 4 in 1 pack. Such a steel:jam: I will be hooking them up to my 12v ac to dc power supply witch is rated up to 5 amps so it can easily power 5 .15amp PC fans. Hell I might even wire a total of 8 PC fans to the power supply. It can take it. My plan is to have two at the bottom and two at the top for exhaust. Then I will have two on each side of the t5 mother light, and two on each side of my t8 seedling and clone section.

Interestingly enough I have one plant off in the corner that seems to not be doing as well as the rest of the lot. I have noticed that she is a lot greener then the rest of the Hindu's and has been exhibiting a slight downward leaf curl for some time. I am assuming that is early signs of N toxicity, as if she is right on the borderline of having to much N. I question how that happened when I have treated all of the the plants with the exact same nutrients doses each time. If anything all the others could do with a little extra N where as this one has too much. It might be the fact she is in the corner but then I would assume that the other 3 corner plants would exhibit similar characteristics. I question if she is a different cut labeled as Hindu Skunk, or if she came from a different mom that held different pheno witch in turn has different nutrient needs in comparison to the rest of the Hindu's. Either way as a result from the N toxicity she also seems to be stunted compared to the other Hindu's. Got any ideas as to what happened?

Here is what I have been feeding them as of late. I plan to up the doses a bit, but I am hesitating because even though I have been backing off on the cal mag the new leaf growth is slightly twisted so I am thinking they still have all the food they need for the most part.

Feeding(4/14/10)
150ppm cal mag
1.25ml grow
2.5ml bloom
1.25ml amino aide
2.5ml infinity
2.5ml big swell
9ml cannazym
15ml humega
PPM=450
Temp:20 Celsius

Feeding(4/17/10)
150ppm cal mag
2.5ml grow
5ml bloom
2.5ml amino aide
5ml infinity
5ml big swell
9ml cannazym
15ml humega
PPM= 750

Feeding(4/20/10)
8ml cal mag
2.5ml grow(maybe 1ml extra for the whole brew)
5ml bloom
2.5ml amino aide(maybe 1ml extra for the whole brew)
5ml infiniyt
5ml big swell
9ml cannazym
15ml humega
PPM=850
Temp: Celsius

Got some pictures for ya(notice the stunted Hindu I discussed above in the bottom right corner of the first two shots). Hope you guys like the softcore nug shots. Any comments, criticism, or love is more then welcome!
Canopy shots
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/day145.jpg
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/day146.jpg

Here is a closer picture of the corner Hindu in question
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/day147.jpg

Beginning nug shots
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/day14-1.jpg
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/day142-2.jpg
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/day141-2.jpg
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/day143-1.jpg
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/day144-1.jpg

M

mikegreenthumb

looks nice and healthy ima bout the same stage on some of my plants itll be cool to see side by side

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

lookin good justiceman, think i'ma bout 2 wks ahead of ya, welcome to the club, I am stoked as I bet you are, thx for sharing the feed chart and great pics, Peace Shiva

justiceman

justiceman

looks nice and healthy ima bout the same stage on some of my plants itll be cool to see side by side
Most definitely man! I'll be watchin for sure. Hopefully we all put out some fire nugs!

they startin to get right justice! :)
I'm tryin winta! Thanks for the love. Can't wait to see what these babies will look like in a couple weeks.

lookin good justiceman, think i'ma bout 2 wks ahead of ya, welcome to the club, I am stoked as I bet you are, thx for sharing the feed chart and great pics, Peace Shiva

Right on Shiva! I just checked out your journal and you have some mighty fine white kush going. Good looking stuff for sure. Sorry I didn't stop in till now. I haven't been lurking on the farm as much, because of some outer worldly obligations at the moment.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Here is what I have been feeding them as of late. I plan to up the doses a bit, but I am hesitating because even though I have been backing off on the cal mag the new leaf growth is slightly twisted so I am thinking they still have all the food they need for the most part.

Feeding(4/14/10)
150ppm cal mag
1.25ml grow
2.5ml bloom
1.25ml amino aide
2.5ml infinity
2.5ml big swell
9ml cannazym
15ml humega
PPM=450

Feeding(4/17/10)
150ppm cal mag
2.5ml grow
5ml bloom
2.5ml amino aide
5ml infinity
5ml big swell
9ml cannazym
15ml humega
PPM= 750

Feeding(4/20/10)
8ml cal mag
2.5ml grow(maybe 1ml extra for the whole brew)
5ml bloom
2.5ml amino aide(maybe 1ml extra for the whole brew)
5ml infiniyt
5ml big swell
9ml cannazym
15ml humega
PPM=850
Temp: Celsius

Got some pictures for ya(notice the stunted Hindu I discussed above in the bottom right corner of the first two shots). Hope you guys like the softcore nug shots. Any comments, criticism, or love is more then welcome!
Through my shady experiments I've noticed that when the ambient environment and nutrient profiles are on point, often times root issues are the cause of issues above grade... Just a thought, but you went from 450 PPM to 850 PPM in one week... :thinking Usually a 200 PPM increase in a week is the max to prevent root burns and issues of osmotic pressure flowing in the wrong direction.

justiceman

justiceman

Through my shady experiments I've noticed that when the ambient environment and nutrient profiles are on point, often times root issues are the cause of issues above grade... Just a thought, but you went from 450 PPM to 850 PPM in one week... :thinking Usually a 200 PPM increase in a week is the max to prevent root burns and issues of osmotic pressure flowing in the wrong direction.

Hey thanks for commenting about this one Shady. The reason I gave them 450ppm was this. So far throughout my grows I usually feed, water, feed, water. I was assuming that If I gave them lets say 850ppm every watering that nutrient build up would occur so I would give them about half doses for the "water" part. Your explanation seems pretty on point though. The other reason I would give them 450ppm half doses for the water part was also to prevent weird osmotic pressure differences as you say. I was hopping that "watering" with 450 instead of 0 would cancel out any possibly osmotic changes but apparently not. Now I am questioning if I should just always water with the target ppm and never go below especially considering Roots soil-less is a hydro medium. Right on shady got me thinking. Your the hydro man!

Oh ya and I had to throw some light out pics in here for you guys. still messing with the camera so excuse me if the pics aren't up to par yet.
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/day161-1.jpg
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/day16-1.jpg

S

supasticky

Damn they're doin it! Hasn't the problem child been kind of lagging the whole time?

-Supa

justiceman

justiceman

Damn they're doin it! Hasn't the problem child been kind of lagging the whole time?

-Supa
Thanks dude! Ya that girl has been like that since the beginning for the most part. Not sure what happened to her but hopefully she still puts out like the others.

Veg Station update

So i finally started constructing the veg station the other day(inspired by shady). The skeleton is 48"Lx18"W54"H. The walls are black and white panda film(black on the outside white on the inside). It has two sections. The top section will be a clone + seedling section and It has two 4' t8 fixtures(4 lamps total 128w). The bottom section will be for mothers and it has one 4' t5 fixture(4 lamps total 216w)

Let me know what you think!
http://i23.invalid.com/albums/b389/kingoflessthen3/IMG_0295.jpg

Top Bottom