Killing Autoflowers and Learning to Grow Organically :p

• Thread starter ajgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Also I’ve done a grow with for Ffhf and this definitely didn’t happen I have a spider farmer sf2000 and I dimmed those bitches to 50% and kept it a well good 30+ inches away until I saw it stretch then I upped it slowly like once a week till flip and it was still at 65% at 24” and that was with 6 weeks of veg then slowly again worked my way till about week 5 of flower till it was 100%. I’ve started autos in the same way in there final pots. I started by making sure the bottom had some water by pouring water in the tray only once. Then watered the area where the leaves covered then from there I got a knife and would poke the soil everyday till nothing came out on the knife, then I watered until I would finally wet the whole pot. Then used lift the pot method.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Good questions.
Don't worry about de-chlorinating it. Just a basic filter to remove anything that might cause an issue.
The amount of chlorine in your tap water is small enough not to worry about unless you live in a swimming pool.

No runoff. Just water until the entire pot is wet at least 2 inches down. That's it.
This is what we use.
Got it. I did pick up an under-counter unit but also cross checked my inline refrigerator filter and it looks like I should be good to go with either one. Filing from the 'fridge will get old real fast, definitely going to use the sink mount unit much more.
Also I’ve done a grow with for Ffhf and this definitely didn’t happen I have a spider farmer sf2000 and I dimmed those bitches to 50% and kept it a well good 30+ inches away until I saw it stretch then I upped it slowly like once a week till flip and it was still at 65% at 24” and that was with 6 weeks of veg then slowly again worked my way till about week 5 of flower till it was 100%. I’ve started autos in the same way in there final pots. I started by making sure the bottom had some water by pouring water in the tray only once. Then watered the area where the leaves covered then from there I got a knife and would poke the soil everyday till nothing came out on the knife, then I watered until I would finally wet the whole pot. Then used lift the pot method.
Yeah, I have yet to find anything this looks or happens like my experience. Lucky me 😆

ajgrows

ajgrows

@ComfortablyNumb I did find a store that can order LUSH for me. Even at $35/bag, I'm excited to get through the rest of this FF to try it. Which got me thinking (maybe a bad idea when I'm baked 🥴), you said in your how-to post :
While that is happening, mix your FF with the Recharge and Fish Sh!T as directed. DO NOT ADD ANYTHING ELSE.
I need to add the dry amendments when I mix up the soil so they're available to the plants around the time the FF nutrients wane.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

@ComfortablyNumb I did find a store that can order LUSH for me. Even at $35/bag, I'm excited to get through the rest of this FF to try it. Which got me thinking (maybe a bad idea when I'm baked 🥴), you said in your how-to post :

I need to add the dry amendments when I mix up the soil so they're available to the plants around the time the FF nutrients wane.
Yep. It takes about 2 weeks for your soil to fully 'cook' and begin converting soil at it's max rate. After that, you just add a tiny bit to your watering once a week.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I do a real light mist maybe twice a day during lights on, helps keep the humidity nice. You gotta remember the plant doesn't have big roots or leaf surface area to maintain, it doesn't need much.
We don't do that because the plant is breathing out more than enough humidity on its own.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Yep. It takes about 2 weeks for your soil to fully 'cook' and begin converting soil at it's max rate. After that, you just add a tiny bit to your watering once a week.
Add dry amendments during watering each week? I’ve never heard of that. I was assuming just top dress every 3-4 weeks if the plants live that long.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Add dry amendments during watering each week? I’ve never heard of that. I was assuming just top dress every 3-4 weeks if the plants live that long.
No, add the Recharge once a week. You can probably do it once every two weeks instead.
The Fish Sh!T you won't need to add again until the next grow because they multiply like wild.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Maybe. I just can't get behind the idea that I happened to get two bad bags of different Fox Farms soils.
Were they from the same batch? Do you trust your source didn't let them sit in the heat all summer? Did you use them right away or did they sit around somewhere for a while?

All I know is that you've had this issue a few times and unless you're just overwatering it's almost certainly a soil-born issue. Heat treatment may not be the answer for you but it is a great way to ensure you don't have bad soil without buying something else. Sounds like FF doesn't have it's shit together so much these days and I'm sure you'll just be better off with CN's suggestion 😎

ajgrows

ajgrows

No, add the Recharge once a week. You can probably do it once every two weeks instead.
Roger that

The Fish Sh!T you won't need to add again until the next grow because they multiply like wild.
Whoa that's awesome!

Were they from the same batch? Do you trust your source didn't let them sit in the heat all summer? Did you use them right away or did they sit around somewhere for a while?

All I know is that you've had this issue a few times and unless you're just overwatering it's almost certainly a soil-born issue. Heat treatment may not be the answer for you but it is a great way to ensure you don't have bad soil without buying something else. Sounds like FF doesn't have it's shit together so much these days and I'm sure you'll just be better off with CN's suggestion 😎
One bag OF, one HF. From the same hydro store, but they run out every couple weeks so I doubt they're old. The OF looks a little dry but the HF is moist when I've filled pots with it. I checked the soil that I dumped out from the last coffin bags and it was only a little damp at the bottom of the 5 gal pot. I guess I could still be watering too often, but I just didn't apply that much leading up to the postmortem watering. At least nothing in comparison to what I see people doing on the internetz #if_its_online_it_has_to_be_true

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

That can work...what are you planning on top dressing with?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The only other thing I would add to that is Earth Dust. That is our main amendment in FF.
We havent even used it with the LUSH so far, we haven't needed it.

ajgrows

ajgrows

That can work...what are you planning on top dressing with?
Could it? I guess I don't see the purpose in amending weekly. I'll be using Down To Earth All Purpose and Bloom, and adding worm castings to the top dress.

ajgrows

ajgrows

I had to start a 2nd seed germinating yesterday, so I figured I'd go ahead and mix and wet the pot today for the next round in a few days. 75% HF, 20ish% castings, <10% perlite, 6-8 cups filtered water, Fish Sh!t, Recharge, 14 tbsp DTE All Purpose, 9 tbsp DTE Bloom.

Cook

I bought a bigger light because...idk, it seemed pretty cheap and I wanted something that will last me indefinitely in the 4x4. It should be here before it's time to pot the next bean. Number....6? 7? I think 7. SEVEN frickin' tries. I shall call her Floyd.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I had to start a 2nd seed germinating yesterday, so I figured I'd go ahead and mix and wet the pot today for the next round in a few days. 75% HF, 20ish% castings, <10% perlite, 6-8 cups filtered water, Fish Sh!t, Recharge, 14 tbsp DTE All Purpose, 9 tbsp DTE Bloom.

View attachment 1164289

I bought a bigger light because...idk, it seemed pretty cheap and I wanted something that will last me indefinitely in the 4x4. It should be here before it's time to pot the next bean. Number....6? 7? I think 7. SEVEN frickin' tries. I shall call her Floyd.

View attachment 1164291
Cool. You need one of these;
And read this update. It remove the guesswork of watering.
Watering SOIL

Soil Meter
Top Bottom