Killing Autoflowers and Learning to Grow Organically :p

• Thread starter ajgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ajgrows

ajgrows

They want you to buy more nutes. The soil will be converted to all the food the plant needs. The MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes) are what convert the soil into food. That's what makes it a 'Living soil'. Adding anything else will just add complications that you don't need.
Who does? These are soil inoculants. The nutrients in the HF won't take the plant to harvest alone. What are you suggesting is providing the plant nutrients?

It does not contain all 14 species of Mycos. The Great White pack has the ones Recharge is missing.
Mycorrhizae is a fungus by the way... It links to your roots and enables them to uptake at a better rate and promotes root growth.
Yes I understand that, Mykos IS Mychorrihzae, more specifically Glomus intraradices. Which the Recharge already has. I didn't say anything about Great White.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Who does? These are soil inoculants. The nutrients in the HF won't take the plant to harvest alone. What are you suggesting is providing the plant nutrients?
Yes I understand that, Mykos IS Mychorrihzae, more specifically Glomus intraradices. Which the Recharge already has. I didn't say anything about Great White.
The plant food companies want you to purchase bottled nutes at a predictable rate. So they just write it into the instructions to use stuff you do not need.

Think for a second... When you go into the forest and look at the trees, who fed them? The soil fed them. The MBEs convert the soil into food for the plant, you add nothing but water.
We don't even have any nutes here because we don't use them. Ever.
We amend before planting and a top dress at flower. That's it. No super-Extra Max plant food guarranteed to grow big plants or any of that.

The soil is the food. Another reason FF is not good anymore. It's difficult to convert.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Another thing, Everyone starts growing and sees someone say, I added this and my stuff is better! Maybe it is better, but all they are doing by creating their own soil mix is overfeeding the plant. That will burn them for sure. You have been having trouble because you are trying to rectify all the stuff you read and learn with the marketing hype. They don't mix well at all, that's why its so confusing. You are setup for organics, don't add extra to it from a different grow method.

Great White was an example of a Mycos product.

ajgrows

ajgrows

The plant food companies want you to purchase bottled nutes at a predictable rate. So they just write it into the instructions to use stuff you do not need.

Think for a second... When you go into the forest and look at the trees, who fed them? The soil fed them. The MBEs convert the soil into food for the plant, you add nothing but water.
We don't even have any nutes here because we don't use them. Ever.
We amend before planting and a top dress at flower. That's it. No super-Extra Max plant food guarranteed to grow big plants or any of that.

The soil is the food. Another reason FF is not good anymore. It's difficult to convert.
So you're amending and top dressing but you're telling me NOT to do that even though you just said I'm using crap soil? I'm getting more confused by your answers 😕

Another thing, Everyone starts growing and sees someone say, I added this and my stuff is better! Maybe it is better, but all they are doing by creating their own soil mix is overfeeding the plant. That will burn them for sure. You have been having trouble because you are trying to rectify all the stuff you read and learn with the marketing hype. They don't mix well at all, that's why its so confusing. You are setup for organics, don't add extra to it from a different grow method.

Great White was an example of a Mycos product.
I'm not cooking the soil mix long enough to break down the dry amendments before the seed/seedling goes in though. That means the DTE amendments won't even be available for the plant to use for several weeks, don't you agree? I don't understand how it could be considered overfeeding or lead to nutrient burn if the soil is inoculated, which is regulating what is available to the plant.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok....
I think you are confusing amendments with nutes and stuff.

You amend the soil with the things it does not have. That brings the soil alive. At that point (a week or two of being watered and sitting) all the amendments are activated and are making plant food out of the soil. You do not need to add anything else.
Because we grow indoors and the soil does not get rotated and recomposted the natural way, we add amendments.
We do not add nute products. They are not needed.
We do an additional dry amendment when we are switching to flower, (worm casting mix) just because we want to make sure the bloom is full strength.

We are not feeding the plant. We bring the soil to life and it feeds the plant.
Get it?

ajgrows

ajgrows

Ok....
I think you are confusing amendments with nutes and stuff.

You amend the soil with the things it does not have. That brings the soil alive. At that point (a week or two of being watered and sitting) all the amendments are activated and are making plant food out of the soil. You do not need to add anything else.
Because we grow indoors and the soil does not get rotated and recomposted the natural way, we add amendments.
We do not add nute products. They are not needed.
We do an additional dry amendment when we are switching to flower, (worm casting mix) just because we want to make sure the bloom is full strength.

We are not feeding the plant. We bring the soil to life and it feeds the plant.
Get it?
Yes you are right. I am definitely confused, on many levels lol. I have found the source of the confusion, or at least on this point anyway. I incorrectly assumed the DTE was for the plants.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yes you are right. I am definitely confused, on many levels lol. I have found the source of the confusion, or at least on this point anyway. I incorrectly assumed the DTE was for the plants.
BING! We have a winner! Yeah. This is the hard way to learn because we don't know what each other know so it's difficult at times to figure out where the hangup is. It's like translating a different language.

So, tell me in your newest understanding (yes, there are more to come) what's happening.
And I think what I meant was don't top dress stuff that's not needed. Top dressing is one of the major feeds in organics. You only get 2 per grow, and 2 teas. You can give more, but then it's not really organic at that point.

The whole point of organics is to do as little as possible and get a good yield with top shelf quality.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Hung the new light yesterday and the adjustable tablet holder masquerading as a fan mount showed up as well. What a sad, empty looking tent lol. I am pretty happy with first impressions of both items however. I mounted the controller outside the tent using 1 1/4" screws, but it was surprisingly heavy for it's size. I felt some overkill was necessary, and used a couple ratchet hangers as a failsafe in case the screws don't hold 🤓

IMG 5623

IMG 5624

IMG 5619

ajgrows

ajgrows

This is the hard way to learn because we don't know what each other know so it's difficult at times to figure out where the hangup is. It's like translating a different language.
Agreed! I do appreciate your willingness to help save me from myself 👊
So, tell me in your newest understanding (yes, there are more to come) what's happening.
That list is much shorter than what I DON'T know is happening right now. Let's see....

- I've got a whole lotta microbial crap in the soil (Fish Sh!t smells like 💩 for real). I have no idea how to qualify or measure this, what's the impact to the soil food web, or how the plant might react
- Regardless of the above dilemma, the inoculants are breaking down organic matter in the soil, which in turn will make nutrients available to the plant

I think that's it 😞

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Agreed! I do appreciate your willingness to help save me from myself 👊

That list is much shorter than what I DON'T know is happening right now. Let's see....

- I've got a whole lotta microbial crap in the soil (Fish Sh!t smells like 💩 for real). I have no idea how to qualify or measure this, what's the impact to the soil food web, or how the plant might react
- Regardless of the above dilemma, the inoculants are breaking down organic matter in the soil, which in turn will make nutrients available to the plant

I think that's it 😞
In the words of the Fonz, 'Exactamundo'.

Remember, the unofficial motto of indoor organics is "Do the least possible and still get great buds and great yields."

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You might be a bit hot for a week or two, but I think the soil should buffer the extra nutes you mixed in. Plant a bean and lets watch it grow.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What flavor phone/tablet do you have?
If you have Android, get this app;
PPFD Meter

ajgrows

ajgrows

You might be a bit hot for a week or two, but I think the soil should buffer the extra nutes you mixed in. Plant a bean and lets watch it grow.
Yeah hopefully it will be forgiving. If not, I guess it will be good to see how the plant reacts so I know what to look for if it happens again. I did plant the sad looking Frankenstein sprout in it yesterday. If there's no growth in a couple days I'll toss another one in.
What flavor phone/tablet do you have?
If you have Android, get this app;
PPFD Meter
Oh no, the tablet holder is the black plastic thing holding the fan in the tent photo. Clips on the support posts and has full articulation to position the fan. I wasn't loving the rachet/zip tie thing I had goin on before. I have the Photone light meter app.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Great. Keep track of your dli. That number will dictate most everything else in the grow.

Dr. Bruce, Max Yields, DLI

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

For an organic grower, use the DLI this way....

1. Measure the min/max output in ppfd.
2. What schedule will you be using?
18/6 -> 12/12 The difference is 25%. The plant is getting 25% less light. (your schedule affects the percentages.)
3. Use the max power of your light as the 100% number.
4. Limit VEG to 75% of the light power so when you flip, just crank it up to 100% to match the DLI.
No, I am not a math jeenus, so correct it if I divided when I should have zagged.

ajgrows

ajgrows

For an organic grower, use the DLI this way....

1. Measure the min/max output in ppfd.
2. What schedule will you be using?
18/6 -> 12/12 The difference is 25%. The plant is getting 25% less light. (your schedule affects the percentages.)
3. Use the max power of your light as the 100% number.
4. Limit VEG to 75% of the light power so when you flip, just crank it up to 100% to match the DLI.
No, I am not a math jeenus, so correct it if I divided when I should have zagged.
I didn't have time to finish the video before work, but I was curious if he recommends a certain amount before veg. My app converts it so I'm running about 400 µmols PPFD and the DLI is around 26 right now.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

35 to 45 is a good number. You want 45-55 in flower.
Seedlings =25-35

ajgrows

ajgrows

Man I am gettin real tired of sucking so bad at something. Two new beans in pots! 🤯

Latest posts

Top Bottom