Killing Autoflowers and Learning to Grow Organically :p

• Thread starter ajgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ajgrows

ajgrows

Which vornado humidifier do u have ? I need a bigger/better one. I guess having the ex. Fan on a controller helps also. Anyone have recommendations ? I have a 4×4 tent in a 12x16 basement room. Tks.
I have the EVDC300 and am using these replacement filters. That should be more than enough power for a 4x4 if you're running it inside the tent. Not sure if it would keep the lung room humidity that high . I have to refill about every 24 hours to keep the humidity near 70%. The larger capacity model won't humidifier quicker, but you won't have to refill as often. Filter consumption is obviously double w/ 2 tanks/fans also.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Is there a specific reason for the filters or just generally cleaning the air ?

ajgrows

ajgrows

Is there a specific reason for the filters or just generally cleaning the air ?
Evaporative humidifiers also demineralize the water you're humidifying the air with. I use dechlorinated tap water in the humidifier and my water is very hard, ph 9-10. Your typical humidifier, ultrasonics and the like, won't remove the trace minerals. The calcium dust would coat everything in the tent and also clog up my carbon filter. This solves that problem 🙂

ajgrows

ajgrows

Rando revival of this thread. Threw in the towel and switched to photos after the last surviving auto hermed on me 😡 The photos are definitely more forgiving, and better suited to my need to 'do something' in the tent 😆

Humboldt Pistachio 12 weeks from seed, 3 weeks in flower.

IMG 7031
67475257727  1AF42450 BC3C 4E37 B7E2 F0D8A023D633
IMG 6984

ajgrows

ajgrows

Pistachio Fem Photo Day 103 | Flower Day 29
757 | 55 RH | 1050 µmols | 50 DLI

Start of week 5, stretch is hopefully done. Some of the taller branches put on another 3-4" last week, up about 18" since flip at ~15" in height. Top dressed another BAS schedule feeding, two of the girls are stripping the lower leaves already. Little bit of frost and some purple coming in, looking forward to seeing these buds fatten up and stack more in the weeks to come. Starting to get gassy up in hurr; it's painfully apparent there is weed being grown in the house when the tent is open ❤️😅

3ED3B7FA CB5C 446F A563 D4CCA5BBDE7B
D9937060 E853 4741 B4BF 43A6F95FA74B
IMG 7066

ajgrows

ajgrows

Pistachio Fem Photo Day 113 | Flower Day 39
78° | 52 RH | 1250 µmols | 60 DLI

Halfway through week 6 of flower. Pretty cool to see how each pheno is really starting to express their traits! The runt is surprisingly showing a little more frost, with the largest one showing nearly none lol. Wish I would have taken a clone of the runt in retrospect 😢. Can't wait until it's time to medicate w/ these girls in this dope new slide I picked up 🙂🤘

Wk6 1

Wk6 2

Wk6 3

Bowl

ajgrows

ajgrows

I must be losing my mind because these sure look like seeds to me 😲 I thought I was diligent about checking for nanners but maybe I missed one...or a bunch 😟

Seed

IMG 7160

IMG 7159

IMG 7156

IMG 7161

IMG 7157

Brownthumb

Brownthumb

👍 on the evaporative humidifier- I’m ordering one this week… grow looks good too!!!

ajgrows

ajgrows

it'SSSS grow time again 🙌

Blackstrap Auto Day 49 | Flower Day 10
75° | 64 RH | 700 µmols | 60 DLI

After the Pistachio herm in the summer, I needed a break. Growing was becoming a chore and no longer fun after a year of repeated failures. Now after a few months of buying flower and resin/rosin from the dispo, I'm motivated to get more self sufficient again. I have a handful of auto seeds left so I popped four of some new to me genetics for the fall. I thought they were all autos, but I realized that two are, in fact, photos 😳. Don't garden while you're high kids.

We'll focus on the autos for now since I'm blown away by how well they are doing (rear two plants below). The 10 gallon pots are definitely going to see more autos in the future. At 7 weeks from the day they hit the dirt, they're standing about 2' tall. This is at least a foot taller than any other finished auto I've miserably grown. I used nursery bags in 1 gal pots, then transplanted the whole thing into the 10 gallon pots. Zero shock to the plants and it made the task super easy. I'm interested to see how the worms and other biology break down the bags as I plan to no-till the soil.

Day after transplant
IMG 7495

One month old
68832992868  067DE13D E13C 499D B421 D6CE4A608C80

These things took off from here and a week later the larger auto (left front below) showed obvious signs of flowering. The shorter one is about a week behind.

One week later 🤯

IMG 7519

Super happy with the number of flower sites and how the main colas look like they're going to stack. I wasn't a fan of the limited plant access using the screens last time so I'm trying some LST w/ cheap bamboo stakes this go round.

IMG 7540

IMG 7541

IMG 7542

sambapati

sambapati

it'SSSS grow time again 🙌

Blackstrap Auto Day 49 | Flower Day 10
75° | 64 RH | 700 µmols | 60 DLI

After the Pistachio herm in the summer, I needed a break. Growing was becoming a chore and no longer fun after a year of repeated failures. Now after a few months of buying flower and resin/rosin from the dispo, I'm motivated to get more self sufficient again. I have a handful of auto seeds left so I popped four of some new to me genetics for the fall. I thought they were all autos, but I realized that two are, in fact, photos 😳. Don't garden while you're high kids.

We'll focus on the autos for now since I'm blown away by how well they are doing (rear two plants below). The 10 gallon pots are definitely going to see more autos in the future. At 7 weeks from the day they hit the dirt, they're standing about 2' tall. This is at least a foot taller than any other finished auto I've miserably grown. I used nursery bags in 1 gal pots, then transplanted the whole thing into the 10 gallon pots. Zero shock to the plants and it made the task super easy. I'm interested to see how the worms and other biology break down the bags as I plan to no-till the soil.

Day after transplant
View attachment 1300195

One month old
View attachment 1300194

These things took off from here and a week later the larger auto (left front below) showed obvious signs of flowering. The shorter one is about a week behind.

One week later 🤯

View attachment 1300192

Super happy with the number of flower sites and how the main colas look like they're going to stack. I wasn't a fan of the limited plant access using the screens last time so I'm trying some LST w/ cheap bamboo stakes this go round.

View attachment 1300187
View attachment 1300201
View attachment 1300200
Looks like better luck on this go around. What is the top dressing you've got going?

ajgrows

ajgrows

Blackstrap Auto Day 55 | Flower Day 16
75° | 55% RH | 975 µmols | 64 DLI

The tent is humming right along on autopilot at this point. Both autos are doing great. I'm starting to see some purple on the sugar leaves, can't wait to see how black these buds will get. The shorter one seems to have finished stretching, having caught up to the other one in height this week. Supercropped and topped the photos to keep them from getting too big. I think I'm going to pop a few mystery dispo bag seeds when the autos are close to finishing, then transplant and flip to flower. That should get me....two additional cycles before it gets humid again with a couple pounds of crop to get through the summer 😎

IMG 7580
IMG 7577

IMG 7579

IMG 7575

sambapati

sambapati

Blackstrap Auto Day 55 | Flower Day 16
75° | 55% RH | 975 µmols | 64 DLI

The tent is humming right along on autopilot at this point. Both autos are doing great. I'm starting to see some purple on the sugar leaves, can't wait to see how black these buds will get. The shorter one seems to have finished stretching, having caught up to the other one in height this week. Supercropped and topped the photos to keep them from getting too big. I think I'm going to pop a few mystery dispo bag seeds when the autos are close to finishing, then transplant and flip to flower. That should get me....two additional cycles before it gets humid again with a couple pounds of crop to get through the summer 😎

View attachment 1302016View attachment 1302018
View attachment 1302017
View attachment 1302019
Plan the work work the plan then roll on 'cough'

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I think the gardener forgot to trim the grass around the trees.
If you grow veggies, then compatible plants work quite well, but when growing MJ, I never mix in the same pot. I want all the goodies in my weed, not my radishes.

ajgrows

ajgrows

I think the gardener forgot to trim the grass around the trees.
If you grow veggies, then compatible plants work quite well, but when growing MJ, I never mix in the same pot. I want all the goodies in my weed, not my radishes.
Since you're the obvious expert, clearly I'm doing something wrong by the look of my plants 🙄

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Since you're the obvious expert, clearly I'm doing something wrong by the look of my plants 🙄
I'm experienced in soil growing. Expert is stretching it.
The only issue I see is the you might be feeding slightly too much. What is your light dimmer set at? How far above the plant tops is it?

ajgrows

ajgrows

I'm experienced in soil growing. Expert is stretching it.
Are you also experienced with no till gardening and using mulch layers?
The only issue I see is the you might be feeding slightly too much. What is your light dimmer set at? How far above the plant tops is it?
I've been following the BuildaSoil feed schedule for the last couple cycles, it has been serving me well. The lights are fine, ppfd is well within the acceptable range for the plants based on the growth stage of both the autos and photos.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Are you also experienced with no till gardening and using mulch layers?

I've been following the BuildaSoil feed schedule for the last couple cycles, it has been serving me well. The lights are fine, ppfd is well within the acceptable range for the plants based on the growth stage of both the autos and photos.
Yes, that's how we grew outside. No-till means that you cut the stem and leave it and the roots in the ground just the way they are. Outside that is great because it does not disturb the biomass layers. If you remove the roots when you harvest, you are tilling the soil to some extent dependent on how deep the roots go. I find that no-till is not as effective indoors as it is outdoors, mostly because of the living environment (worms, grubs and other underground critters) not being there to naturally till it for you.

The soil will be tilled one way or another. If it doesn't, then compaction will make it impossible over time for roots to grow deeply into the soil and plant growth suffers. Tilling (outdoors) or amend and re-mixing the soil (indoors) is a quicker way to keep the soil loose enough for optimal root growth. The amendments that we add do the same thing as the critter squad does outside, just faster.

Top Bottom