Killing Autoflowers and Learning to Grow Organically :p

• Thread starter ajgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Also, always fill your pots to the top with soil. It will settle a bit anyway, and if you don't have enough, the plant suffers.
We use 3 gallon fabric on a small plant roller to get air flow under it.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Also, always fill your pots to the top with soil. It will settle a bit anyway, and if you don't have enough, the plant suffers.
We use 3 gallon fabric on a small plant roller to get air flow under it.
Yeah, I will next time. I thought Chester would stretch like the last one, so I left room to backfill when it did. That obviously didn’t happen 🥴🥴

ajgrows

ajgrows

Man. I was reading back through the carnage and Lloyd is number 10. I'll call it a 10% "success" rate, even though she's kinda sad looking. Well as long as I don't F up the dry/cure, it will be 10%. Nowhere to go but up I suppose, and I have high hopes for Chester's future. I'm still shocked at the change in these plants over a two week period. I took all of my LST wires off today, removed the riser and swapped in some shorter legs under Chester's pot, hoping she'll get some height. Don't get me wrong, thick shawties have a special place in my heart ❤️, but I would really like the lower canopy to clear the top of the pot by a few inches. Watering is a bitch rn.

IMG 6006

sambapati

sambapati

Man. I was reading back through the carnage and Lloyd is number 10. I'll call it a 10% "success" rate, even though she's kinda sad looking. Well as long as I don't F up the dry/cure, it will be 10%. Nowhere to go but up I suppose, and I have high hopes for Chester's future. I'm still shocked at the change in these plants over a two week period. I took all of my LST wires off today, removed the riser and swapped in some shorter legs under Chester's pot, hoping she'll get some height. Don't get me wrong, thick shawties have a special place in my heart ❤️, but I would really like the lower canopy to clear the top of the pot by a few inches. Watering is a bitch rn.

View attachment 1188999
Very nice looking risers...Not sure if you remember George Harrison's song its going to take patience and plenty of money to do it right...I got my mind set on you....he was right on of course. You are doing ok and OJT in your grow. There are lots of posts about drying and curing. Keep on keeping on.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Very nice looking risers...Not sure if you remember George Harrison's song its going to take patience and plenty of money to do it right...I got my mind set on you....he was right on of course. You are doing ok and OJT in your grow. There are lots of posts about drying and curing. Keep on keeping on.
I've definitely spent way more than I intended when I started building my setup, but I've been lucky enough to snag some freebie stuff through Amazon's Vine program. The roller caddies are way overpriced imo so I probably wouldn't ever pay for those and I figured the plant stands are a good versatile item to have in there.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We use these because it allows good airflow underneath and any water that drips hits the tent floor and does not sit in a dish to promote root rot.
$12.50 for a box of 3.

Plant Caddy
ajgrows

ajgrows

We use these because it allows good airflow underneath and any water that drips hits the tent floor and does not sit in a dish to promote root rot.
$12.50 for a box of 3.
Nice! I think the ones I got were like $40 because they're supposed to hold 250 lbs or something, no way I'd pay that. But show me some aftermarket bolt on parts for my car and I can't open my wallet fast enough 🤣

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Nice! I think the ones I got were like $40 because they're supposed to hold 250 lbs or something, no way I'd pay that. But show me some aftermarket bolt on parts for my car and I can't open my wallet fast enough 🤣
Walmart specials I think. They are easy to find online. "Plant Roller Caddy" is the search.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Chester Day 45
75° | 48 RH | 512 µmols | 33 DLI

Instead of Recharge/FS, I gave the girls a compost tea on Thursday that my growmie brewed up. Tossed in 6-7 worms from the worm bin. Bushiness still in effect.

This morning I had another obvious idiot epiphany and just rolled down the top of her pot to see what I can do for defoliation/LST. The nodes are really tightly spaced and the new growth continues to be very dense, I only removed a few fan leaves today. So much of it is newer growth, I didn't want to clip anything near the bud sites. I did manage to open up one spot near the center for a little more penetration into two lower sites. More pistils are turning orange, even on some of the lower sites that don't get a ton of direct light. I'm not sure if this is a problem or just part of how she's flowering.

IMG 6038

IMG 6030

IMG 6031

I did my usual pest scoping and saw this solitary mite leisurely perusing the surface. I figured I would bring a few in w/ the worms since I just scooped them out, medium and all. I'm pretty sure he's a good guy, but I'm going to keep an eye out for reproduction.

IMG 6032

Lloyd Day 74
75° | 48% RH | 750 µmols | 49 DLI

The fan leaves on the big cola really yellowed out yesterday between my morning and night tent visits. I am guessing that's normal as she nears the end. Trichomes still look to have a ways to go til couch lock.

IMG 6025

IMG 6029
IMG 6028
IMG 6026

ajgrows

ajgrows

Lloyd Day 77
67° | 60% RH | 0 µmols | 0 DLI

She's about had it. I'd like to see more amber trichomes but I feel she's telling me it's time. So into the 3x3 for 48 hours and she'll get the chop after Thanksgiving. I made a few changes in the tent today, one of which was to connect the 4x4 and 3x3 tents for air exchange since I need to use both now. I ran some 6" ducting between the two and sealed off the 4x4. This pulls the 3x3 air in, filters out the stank and exhausts back into the basement. The 3x3 tent is a little warm for dry, hovering in the 67-68° range, but RH is spot on at 60% so I think it will still be 10+ days to dry after she's hung up.

IMG 6057

IMG 6060

Chester Day 48
75° | 50% RH | 440 µmols | 31 DLI

Chester's got the big house all to herself now. Which she totally needs because she's getting so big 🤦‍♂️. 7 weeks and no still no dry amendments. No signs of underfeed but I'm tempted to top dress a small amount of worm castings and some flower blend.

I got a knockoff light to review so I swapped that in and took out the FC-E4800 today. The Amazon description says it can flower a 4x4, but it's pretty small and that seems unlikely at 400W on a 2x3 board, but what do I know 🤷‍♂️. Not sure I would use this with several plants in flower. Either way, it will go into a 4x8 review tent after Chester is harvested to serve some function. I recently read that carbon filters and hard bends in your ducting reduce the exhaust fan efficiency significantly. And I'm all about some efficiency. The T6 wasn't moving nearly as much air at the exhaust port as I thought, so I changed the carbon filter and figured out a way to string it all up inline with the 6" opening. Seems to be flowing considerably better now. Cheers to those of you celebrating a harvest this weekend 🍻 🦃👨‍🌾

IMG 6056

Billymgb

Billymgb

That is great, you always enjoy it more, when you stumble and fall along the way but you get up and keep driving on, till success. So enjoy your harvest. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!

ajgrows

ajgrows

i'm sorry 😜 i drive a tuned wrx. we suffer the same problems for the most part lol
Probably lol. Supply chain delays and increased demand has really sucked this year. I've got a hybrid turbo I've been waiting four months to put in 😖

ajgrows

ajgrows

Lloyd Day 79
67° | 51% RH | 0 µmols | 0 DLI

Chop chop little lady ⚔️ A whopping 2.8 oz wet, so maybe I'll get a half to 2/3 oz cured. Despite the very small yield, this is the first grow I've done that made it past a week. I'm stoked for that and can't wait to see how the next runs turn out as I learn more each day 👊

Not sure I noticed much difference between start and end of the 48 hours of darkness. Maybe she looks a little more frosty? Idk. I plucked off the largest dead fan laves and tried to leave the rest. One thing I realized today is there are ZERO stems other than the two tiny buds. Sooo I have nothing to check on this thing when she's drying. I guess I'll see how the sugar leaves look in 7-10 days and try to judge if she's dry enough to bag 🤷‍♂️

IMG 6068

IMG 6065

IMG 6064

AceIsWin

AceIsWin

$12.50 for a box of 3.
I swear Ive never had an issue with root rot and have almost exclusively bottom fed via float valve(Autopots) for the last 3 years in Coco, it's a simple system but the plants love it once fully developed into the pot and can drink 7+ liters a day(5L pot)

I'm actually going to try a flood tray maintained by the Autopot smartvalve so it will flood to 3-4mm and let them drink drain to empty before refilling instead of individual units and see if I can get away with ditching the irrigation spiderweb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom