Kim's Beginner Diary

• Thread starter KLight03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KLight03

KLight03

I'll fix it y'all. There was a couple of days where the hubs and I just slept, so did the dogs. That's where the overwatering came in, I'm almost sure of it. I'll get it sorted.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Sorry bass , for being repetative, i didnt see your post when i posted , i think we were writing bascially the same thing at the same time.....
you good we did.... keep helping her........
I don't post or come on much any more... but I'm up cause it's cold and the computer keeps letting me know you all are posting......

So I just wanted to let the OP know >>>>>> There Killing the babies.................LOL

basscaptain

basscaptain

Kim I'm not tring to be a azz but you can tell your heart isn't into these...............
to be honsit at this point the little soil you have in those solo cups isn't soil........ there no food in it....you washed it all out.......

the only reason that 1 male looks so good.... is because it's going to be a male ... it's a heahly plant and it has some soil it around ......

your solo cups would be better off with a little more soil in them and outside during the day..... then what your doing now........

Just my 2 cents worth..... whatever is going on with you guys is also showing in your grow......... your other plants look good but they need food also your trying to make beans so they can use some extra.....

again just my 2 cents worth here and I'm happy to see you guys are ok..........

KLight03

KLight03

Kim I'm not tring to be a azz but you can tell your heart isn't into these...............
to be honsit at this point the little soil you have in those solo cups isn't soil........ there no food in it....you washed it all out.......

the only reason that 1 male looks so good.... is because it's going to be a male ... it's a heahly plant and it has some soil it around ......

your solo cups would be better off with a little more soil in them and outside during the day..... then what your doing now........

Just my 2 cents worth..... whatever is going on with you guys is also showing in your grow......... your other plants look good but they need food also your trying to make beans so they can use some extra.....

again just my 2 cents worth here and I'm happy to see you guys are ok..........
I agree. Hubs and I are recovering from being under the weather. As mentioned above, there were two days where all he and I could manage to do was sleep and take the dogs out. I didn't know what day it was when I would wake up and would get confused as to what I did when. We will be alright.

Soil issue was a cash flow problem. It's been remedied this week. You're not being an ass, I got sick and they got sick. I'm grateful I have any of them at all. ;)

Hope all is well. Also, I still have some beans, I didn't plant them all, thankfully.

KLight03

KLight03

Alright, Y'all. Peyote Critical ends tomorrow. I have three of those.

Do I trim them down and leave them in their pots to dry out? I will say that humidity has oddly become an issue as of late. I accidentally broke one of the branches just before I started feeling unwell. I forgot about it and left it out. It was completely dried in three days, but also full of seeds so I made a mistake somewhere in the pollination frenzy. I'm sure I read somewhere that herms have a tendency to dry that way? Am I crazy or is that a thing? I just smoked it yesterday and it was pretty short acting, but I'm unsure if that was because it was too early or what.

How do I cure these and for how long? Yes, I have done research, but if you know me, you know that research can lead to a long drawn out rabbit hole. Especially now since i'm fighting off illness on top of normal. I am a space cadet who has to be treated like a toddler more often than not to stay on task. I hope that makes sense.

Pictures below.

I just wanted to share with y'all something I accidentally made. I'm not sure what it is, but it bubbles like it's a soda. It tastes like hell, sort of like a cross between a hint of Ben Gay (odd) and apple cider vinegar. It has a lot of bubbles and a whisp of smoke escaped when I opened the jar. My husband was yelling at me to get rid of it as he thinks I made some sort of acid. Hahaha! I drank some and I'm still typing this, so...

Plant trichomes in order of appearance:

Peyote Critical
Blue Gelato
Super Silver Sour Diesel

IMG 20200416 231933
IMG 20200416 231937
IMG 20200417 130925
Screenshot 20200416 232034
Screenshot 20200416 232226
Screenshot 20200416 232326
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey k , do you recall what date you started flower , how long has had it been flowering ?

Anyway , not that important if you cant recall the date, she looks like she can go anothet week , unless you are anxious th harvest now to avoid any mold issues that might arise from your high humidity , cut the plant directly at the base of the stem , or pull the container out of the grow room and get to work , cutting each branch off the main stem , do not leave the plant in the coco to dry

Get a cardboard or plastic box , line it with newspaper , paper or bare , sit and trim with best sharp scissors , keep some alcohol or goo gone , or solvent to clean building up sticky that will collect on scissors...trim buds you csn toss in box instead
of hanging them immediately...
Just trim bud , toss in mox , next bud , trim , etc..

You can wear gloves to avoid sticky fingers , but small harvest shouldnt be much of a problem

Snip buds trim leaf , determine how much leaf you eant to smoke , you can leave more on bud , or determine that you want a tight no leaf bud with a more " pro " look to it ....up to you

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

There are a few methods of trimming , i can explain mine , no leaf remains on my trimmed plant , grab a stem , try to leave a branch or notch that you can use to hang the branch upside down , you know, stretch a length of a wire or string or coat hanger and hang the stem branch whatever you can , just trim off large fan leaves all of them , then trim off smaller leaf , and catch that , you probably want to use for your leaf for tinctures or various extraction

I would throw the large leaf in garbage , but i know you like to extract stuff...

Hang the bare buds that are on the stem , upside down in fairly cool dry place , you can hang them on a coat hanger ,if that dosent work you can keep them in your cardboard box and fluf them up everyday , but hanging for air exchange is best ,humidity is not your friend here , try for closet or area you can keep your eye on them

They will need to hang and dry for quite a few days 4 to 8 probably
Then you will snip off all stem , right up to the bud and put buds in pape bag to continue slow dry and then move up to dry / cure in ball jar or glass jar or whatever you choose ,

Just follow moisture content continuosly...

Your buds wont be ready for " cure / dry in jar " stage until a thin stem is dry enough to just " snap" when bent
The worst thing you can do is to jar " wet " bud , make sure they are dry , over dry is always a safer bet then under dried for storage and curing..

Too moist = mold , or rotten , poor smelling bud ...

Last edited:
KLight03

KLight03

There are a few methods of trimming , i can explain mine , no leaf remains on my trimmed plant , grab a stem , try to leave a branch or notch that you can use to hang the branch upside down , you know, stretch a length of a wire or string or coat hanger and hang the stem branch whatever you can , just trim off large fan leaves all of them , then trim off smaller leaf , and catch that , you probably want to use for your leaf for tinctures or various extraction

I would throw the large leaf in garbage , but i know you like to extract stuff...

Hang the bare buds that are on the stem , upside down in fairly cool dry place , you can hang them on a coat hanger ,if that dosent work you can keep them in your cardboard box and fluf them up everyday , but hanging for air exchange is best ,humidity is not your friend here , try for closet or area you can keep your eye on them
This is the method I was going for. Thank you.

I can also let them go for another week. We are having extreme temperature swings here. One day 40F, the next 80F. I think I can manage another week, I had already been considering it.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey , you might want to check dates , your plants dont look read yo cut to me , trichomes , have just turned milky , you might want to wait till a bit of amber color developes , might be another week , up to you

Oops , texted same time .....ok give it that week , no harm , unless you are seeing , mold or bud rot , indicated by dark leaf appearance in the center of the bud ....

KLight03

KLight03

Hey , you might want to check dates , your plants dont look read yo cut to me , trichomes , have just turned milky , you might want to wait till a bit of amber color developes , might be another week , up to you

Oops , texted same time .....ok give it that week , no harm , unless you are seeing , mold or bud rot , indicated by dark leaf appearance in the center of the bud ....
Are you just mentioning bud rot or did you see bud rot?

KLight03

KLight03

They will need to hang and dry for quite a few days 4 to 8 probably
Then you will snip off all stem , right up to the bud and put buds in pape bag to continue slow dry and then move up to dry / cure in ball jar or glass jar or whatever you choose ,

Just follow moisture content continuosly...

Your buds wont be ready for " cure / dry in jar " stage until a thin stem is dry enough to just " snap" when bent
The worst thing you can do is to jar " wet " bud , make sure they are dry , over dry is always a safer bet then under dried for storage and curing..

Too moist = mold , or rotten , poor smelling bud ...
How long in bag? A few days?

dire wolf

dire wolf

How long in bag? A few days?
Yea , the paper bag is used after , lets say 8 to 10 days of air drying
Times vary wildly , i mean can be 3 days for me 7 days for next guy to get to the dry " snap twig" stage

It all depends on humidity , temps etc , so with that in mind ,
When you get " dry" there will actually be a bit of moisture left in the center of the bud , you want to temper and pace the dry time

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

So in the paper bag , close the bag , you can also use a ziploc , close it , 4 , 5 , hours later open it , check , you will see that the buds have moistened again and might even feel remarkably damp, so you shake em up and leave the bag open for an hour or a few , and you play this slow dry each day for maybe 2 days , maybe 3 , till almost all the sponge , moisture feel is gone ...

The idea is to evaporate the chlorophyll slowly , when they get a bit dry crispy , then go into jars and do same , open for an hour , close , burb jar ,a few days

When you are satisfied , close up jars and check every few days , cure can take two weeks to 6 months , depends on your sense....

It becomes an " art " this whole dry process , just always caution on the side of " dry"

You will get thhe sense of it all real fast , dont worry , its the celebration time ....

KLight03

KLight03

So in the paper bag , close the bag , you can also use a ziploc , close it , 4 5 hours later open it , check , you will see that the buds have moistened again and might even feel remarkably damp, so you shake em up and leave the bag open for an hour or a few , and you play this slow dry each day for maybe 2 days , maybe 3 , till almost all the sponge , moisture feel is gone ...

The idea is to evaporate the chlorophyll slowly , when they get a bit dry crispy , then go into jars and do same , open for an hour , close , burb jar ,a few days

When you are satisfied , close up jars and check every few days , cure can take two weeks to 6 months , depends on your sense....

It becomes an " art " this whole dry process , just always caution on the side of " dry"

You will get thhe sense of it all real fast , dont worry , its the celebration time ....
I have some attic space that is perfect for this, but I thought it had ruined the one I accidentally broke off. It took just a few days to be dry and brittle, I thought it was ruined so I trashed it. So, you are saying, I should have put it in a jar? Way to go me for wasting it. haha!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Are you just mentioning bud rot or did you see bud rot?
Not really , i have to look closer , one plant had the bud rot color of brown , rust , but it could just be the strain...
Try and take a bud shot for me and post it , not the sssd , they look green and fine , and the ones i see may just look that way because they are seeded , id like to see a pic of your seed , if its visable, you should see a maure brown seed ready to bust out , ifyou dont see a, seed then its not ready to harvest yet......

Latest posts

Top Bottom