Kim's Beginner Diary

• Thread starter KLight03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like I had to ask nicely. Maybe these will work better. These are all four.
Still for sure girl on 1st, I say give the other 3 a few more days to say for sure, don't give up on getting a boy just yet, cant be 100% till you can really see it. Boys tend to grow taller quicker than girls of same kind most of time too, so just watch close next few days, it will become clear quick

KLight03

KLight03

Still for sure girl on 1st, I say give the other 3 a few more days to say for sure, don't give up on getting a boy just yet, cant be 100% till you can really see it. Boys tend to grow taller quicker than girls of same kind most of time too, so just watch close next few days, it will become clear quick
Ahhh, like humans. Haha!

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I love the set up. What made you decide to put the driver outside the growspace?
Well with summer coming around the corner.....I wanted to see how high my temps go with and without the drivers inside. The TSL-2000 doesn't have meanwell drivers and they raise the temps inside the tent about 4 degrees. The TS-3000 has 2 meanwell drivers so curious to see where my temps stay without drivers inside. In winter I welcome the heat. If that makes any sense....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey bass , yea thats the same plant as pic 1 , i already id it as female....
I was wondering how you know the other 3 are females ?

Just a hunch ? Is cool , just wondering if you had visuals on the other 3.....

KLight03

KLight03

Well with summer coming around the corner.....I wanted to see how high my temps go with and without the drivers inside. The TSL-2000 doesn't have meanwell drivers and they raise the temps inside the tent about 4 degrees. The TS-3000 has 2 meanwell drivers so curious to see where my temps stay without drivers inside. In winter I welcome the heat. If that makes any sense....
Totally makes sense. The little Bloomspect light I have in my tent now generates a LOT of heat, which is okay for winter months. I haven't taken down calculations for it, but will do so. Thanks for leading by example on this.

KLight03

KLight03

I was a little stressed this morning when I opened the tent, hence no pictures. Everyone looked like they had claws. The damn humidity went way the hell up overnight, again. So, now I've got the vent going and everyone is all good thus far. Pictures to come soon. I've started rearranging the room to make way for complete room takeover. I had a feeling this was going to happen when I first started. Also, just so everyone is aware, I was originally only going to pop seeds for four plants, but I did more because I thought perhaps not all would make it, but then they all did.

The Peyote Criticals were designed to be compact plants, if I'm not mistaken (I'll go back and look). I think they may get a little taller, but based on the pictures of them I've seen, I don't think they will take over the entire tent.

As y'all who have Diesel knowledge have cautioned, they will probably take over the tent if left in there, right? I'm thinking I should move the SSSDs in the room. We have a giant chair in there my hubs is having trouble parting with, but our place is super small and I'm going to offer it free to anyone who comes to pick it up (not on here, in my area). There's a sweet built in alcove that I can easily suspend that Bloomspect light from.

I'm going down the rabbit hole. I'll finish moving around what I can and post pictures of the room to see if y'all have some suggestions.

Thank you, each one of you, for your help.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Getting the plants into another room will be a great move , obviously giving more breathing room for everyone , also dividing the chances of having pests , mold , heat and a bunch of other issues i cant think of right now. So if one room gets mites for instance , you know , now you can have a back up room , also the sssd may take as much as two weeks or more to finish , so now you can have one finished room for clean up , and drying buds etc .....

I dont know exactly the height of your plants but expect 2 to 3 ish jump in height, it will happen rsther fast at light switch , then pretty much stop and buds will fill in , if it gets frightening , just rig a bend with string , rope , wire , whatever , it wont hurt the plant one bit ..... just bend slowly so as not to snap it....

I dont think you will need to go there, ( bending )
if its a bedroom , MAKE SURE no light is leaking in the windows or doors , go in there and make sure , light leaks are a kiiller....dont even play around with that.....

dire wolf

dire wolf

I would also suggest not getting addicted to two rooms and sacrifice your personal space , its easy to fall into that trap , you know , one in the tub , one in the kitchen , one in the kids room , ive done it...
I think weve all done it , not worth it , maybe hold onto that chair and just get back to the grow box next run .......

dire wolf

dire wolf

One more thought , another room means more expense , and one item i would highly reccomend is a carbon scrubber air filter ,im not kidding about that either , i know you have one , but that sssd is going to smell pretty strong .....

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I was a little stressed this morning when I opened the tent, hence no pictures. Everyone looked like they had claws. The damn humidity went way the hell up overnight, again. So, now I've got the vent going and everyone is all good thus far. Pictures to come soon. I've started rearranging the room to make way for complete room takeover. I had a feeling this was going to happen when I first started. Also, just so everyone is aware, I was originally only going to pop seeds for four plants, but I did more because I thought perhaps not all would make it, but then they all did.

The Peyote Criticals were designed to be compact plants, if I'm not mistaken (I'll go back and look). I think they may get a little taller, but based on the pictures of them I've seen, I don't think they will take over the entire tent.

As y'all who have Diesel knowledge have cautioned, they will probably take over the tent if left in there, right? I'm thinking I should move the SSSDs in the room. We have a giant chair in there my hubs is having trouble parting with, but our place is super small and I'm going to offer it free to anyone who comes to pick it up (not on here, in my area). There's a sweet built in alcove that I can easily suspend that Bloomspect light from.

I'm going down the rabbit hole. I'll finish moving around what I can and post pictures of the room to see if y'all have some suggestions.

Thank you, each one of you, for your help.
There are creative ways to make room without sacrificing, crowding only temporary so I agree that you should think about sacrificing personal space you are short on, plants adapt well to unusual situations if you can get them settled in before deep in flowering

dire wolf

dire wolf

There are creative ways to make room without sacrificing, crowding only temporary so I agree that you should think about sacrificing personal space you are short on, plants adapt well to unusual situations if you can get them settled in before deep in flowering
Yea, you can even keep the chair where it is and create a tarp or black trash bag tent around the plants , or a low tech wood frame , and drop the filter in the room apart from enclosed plants....
Just sectioning off a space in the alcove....

We used to do a lot of that when we werent using our scorching hot High intensity discharge lights.....

Oh boy , you guys are more ambitious than most first timers.......
Put a lock on both rooms...

Top Bottom