Kim's Beginner Diary

• Thread starter KLight03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey K, is the monster from the same batch of seeds as the rest ? I would guess no . It immediately looks more sativa ish , i would highly doubt that the little more root space promoted such a growth explosion.

I think its either a far side pheno , if its from the same batch of seeds or its a completey different plant , and using your first grow as an example , you can see how different some hybrids will grow compared to the others in your garden,
If it were the case that plants would grow so much more vigorously in a larger container , you would have already heard about it as a growing fact in the basics of growing info floating around out there ......

In other words , theres no way those other plants would have looked like the big one , even if they were started in the larger container.....

KLight03

KLight03

I've discovered that I don't have the patience for soil or something. Not sure why the simple things have always escaped me. Or is it because I trained myself on coco and soil doesn't require as much and I'm having a hard time acclimating? I came to ask if it would hurt the seedlings if I transferred them to straight coco now, but now I'm wondering if I should just discipline myself to work with what I have? Hmmmm.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I've discovered that I don't have the patience for soil or something. Not sure why the simple things have always escaped me. Or is it because I trained myself on coco and soil doesn't require as much and I'm having a hard time acclimating? I came to ask if it would hurt the seedlings if I transferred them to straight coco now, but now I'm wondering if I should just discipline myself to work with what I have? Hmmmm.
Always a hmmm

dire wolf

dire wolf

What kind of soil did you use ?

KLight03

KLight03

What kind of soil did you use ?
I'm not even going to lie, that escapes me. I don't have any packaging in there and I remember buying a little bag of something as it was all that was in stock at the Mall of Walls.

KLight03

KLight03

Hey K, is the monster from the same batch of seeds as the rest ? I would guess no . It immediately looks more sativa ish , i would highly doubt that the little more root space promoted such a growth explosion.

I think its either a far side pheno , if its from the same batch of seeds or its a completey different plant , and using your first grow as an example , you can see how different some hybrids will grow compared to the others in your garden,
If it were the case that plants would grow so much more vigorously in a larger container , you would have already heard about it as a growing fact in the basics of growing info floating around out there ......

In other words , theres no way those other plants would have looked like the big one , even if they were started in the larger container.....
Can you please explain far side pheno? Is that similar to far off distant relative with a different dominant trait than most?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Can you please explain far side pheno? Is that similar to far off distant relative with a different dominant trait than most?
Hey K , i apologize for my language , i said " far side" as an imaginary description of the plant and its characteristic , there is no term " far side" in common cannabis culture. What i meant is , that a package of seeds sold to customers or gifts are sold by breeders who call the seeds by name , lets say purple chem , the idea being that the breeder took a purple urkle for instance, a special plant with specific characteristics , then they bred / crossed it withh a chemdog , another plant with very specific characteristics.....

Or the seed seller sells a package of " pineapple skunk" they claim that they have stabilized the seed stock ,or are selling F1 generation seeds , so in most cases the seeds haven't really been worked to be stable , then when you grow the package of " pineapple skunk" you might / probably get many " phenotypes "
Some stink of pineapple , some are skunk , maybe one or two carry a lineage trait and are short while the others are tall....
So when i said "far side" i was only trying to express that its on the other side of the profile of all the other seedlings, like they all look one way , but your big girl is looking compeletly different , happens all the time

The seeds you made will not be stable , some might stink of sour diesel , some may grow extra tall like your mom , some might be squat with no intetesting aroma , thats what growers get excited about when using " regular seeds" like the ones you will harvest , pheno hunting " phenotype" hunting , usually when a grower goes thru his dozen seeds he/she will make clones of all the plants , waiting till harvest and the most desirable plant with the sought after traits are held , in clone form , the grower now has his favorite plant to grow , and preserve for future grows , after a few years of growing , holding valued clones become important.....

If the grower cant spend the time to isolate a favorite plant , then he /she will resort to , and trust a seed vendor who is selling " femminized" seeds
These seeds , theoretically will always be female and always carry the traits of the chosen mom ....
So when i said " far side" i was just using a word that poped into my head meaning it ( the plant) was farther away in traits , like its huge size , farther away from the rest of the shorter smaller brothers and sisters, but i can now read your cups and reallize that the large one is different ? What seed is the large one ?

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

I'm not even going to lie, that escapes me. I don't have any packaging in there and I remember buying a little bag of something as it was all that was in stock at the Mall of Walls.
Can be that the potting soil does not have adequate drainage quality( you can add perlite) , and that the soil is too hot , meaning too much nutrient that will shock the seedlings , looks like thats what might be happening

Last edited:
KLight03

KLight03

Can be that the potting soil does not have adequate drainage quality( you can add perlite) , and that the soil is too hot , meaning too much nutrient that will shock the seedlings , looks like thats what might be happening
That's what I've been thinking the entire time. In my head, at least: Too many nutes and the leaves are weak. I've flushed a million times, which also isn't good. New bag of coco should be here tomorrow, fingers crossed. So, you think I would be good to just replant again in coco? At least I'll give them a shot.

I'm also going to start some medicinal herbs and vegetables. If I can't have land yet, I can at least adapt to making it so.

basscaptain

basscaptain

you have water to much........
a few of those solo cups have no soil...... roots are dieing...Like the rest........

get them in coco or lose them........... maybe... you like coco better get them in there........

New soil less water.... heat........ Light ....>>>>> Grow...............................

do what you think is best... But what your doing now isn't ...............Working....................................

dire wolf

dire wolf

That's what I've been thinking the entire time. In my head, at least: Too many nutes and the leaves are weak. I've flushed a million times, which also isn't good. New bag of coco should be here tomorrow, fingers crossed. So, you think I would be good to just replant again in coco? At least I'll give them a shot.

I'm also going to start some medicinal herbs and vegetables. If I can't have land yet, I can at least adapt to making it so.
I think you would be better transplanting , but wait till the soil dries up to cut it out of the cup ( use scissors to cut solo cup) if the soil is too heavy you will tear the tap root with the weight of the soil and kill the seedling , so just be careful , wet transplants = torn roots .....

KLight03

KLight03

I think you would be better transplanting , but wait till the soil dries up to cut it out of the cup ( use scissors to cut solo cup) if the soil is too heavy you will tear the tap root with the weight of the soil and kill the seedling , so just be careful , wet transplants = torn roots .....
Thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom