King Kobi Goes Hunting Gorillas

• Thread starter KingKobi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingKobi

KingKobi

Hi THC fam.
It’s been a minute…..
Plenty of life stuff to talk about elsewhere but we here to tork bout growin.
Take 2 in my 2mx2m tent w height issues due to running the Current Culture setup. Gonna take one for the team here.
I am stuffed for height but today dropped 2xGG4 and 2X G Zkittlez. It will be an interesting side by side.
I will have to SCROG the fark out of them to minimise height but it will be a worthwhile exercise.
My latest rental inspection happened today so the clock is ticking for 26 weeks, next inspection. Should be fine.

The above seeds are photos and i am keen to see how they respond and what differences can be attributed to the Zkittlez side of things.
Nutes this time are the CYCO Platinum Series and i will be much more in touch around ph/nute levels Etc this time.

Missed you all and i will spend some time catching up on threads over the next few weeks.
Cheers
KK

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Hi THC fam.
It’s been a minute…..
Plenty of life stuff to talk about elsewhere but we here to tork bout growin.
Take 2 in my 2mx2m tent w height issues due to running the Current Culture setup. Gonna take one for the team here.
I am stuffed for height but today dropped 2xGG4 and 2X G Zkittlez. It will be an interesting side by side.
I will have to SCROG the fark out of them to minimise height but it will be a worthwhile exercise.
My latest rental inspection happened today so the clock is ticking for 26 weeks, next inspection. Should be fine.

The above seeds are photos and i am keen to see how they respond and what differences can be attributed to the Zkittlez side of things.
Nutes this time are the CYCO Platinum Series and i will be much more in touch around ph/nute levels Etc this time.

Missed you all and i will spend some time catching up on threads over the next few weeks.
Cheers
KK
Ya back mate only just started lurking on here again myself how did ya last grow end up I can’t remember?

KingKobi

KingKobi

Nice to hear from ya JLTG
WW autos, 20 oz from 4 plants chopped a bit early thru necessity… Apparently they were ok.
How you doin? Cats are flying, just give us the Cup😂

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Nice to hear from ya JLTG
WW autos, 20 oz from 4 plants chopped a bit early thru necessity… Apparently they were ok.
How you doin? Cats are flying, just give us the Cup😂
Yea mate 20oz off 4 plants u doin good man yea Cats doin good mate doin it without patty most the year young Stengle is a gun just gotta keep him off the coke👍 Up the Cats good to c ya back KK

KingKobi

KingKobi

Update
Looks like 4 from 4. Good.
GZk rhs a pinch ahead of GG lhs. Hybrid vigour baby.
BF1926C7 1D07 436A 8C4E 788EE063CA08

KingKobi

KingKobi

Doing my feeding reading and i have a question.
Am using Cyco Nutes and chart says use eg 2ml/l or 8ml/gall.
I presume here they are talking about the volume of the res tank not the entire system?
Is this correct?
Otherwise i would be using 8ml/gall x 60 gall (480ml)/week of the required nute.
That doesn’t make sense. I would be out of nutes 2 weeks into the grow…..
Intuitively i know the dosage probably refers to res tank size, i just can’t see it stated specifically anywhere.

If i use 2ml/l or 8ml/gall based on my res tank 13 gall, that is 104 ml/week and my box of nutes gets me thru the grow.
Probably just answered my own question

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Whatever it says on the bottle cut in half man well that’s what I do some charts I read are insane high ec numbers especially as you are doing dwc it has access to nutes 24/7 so no need for high dose feeding actually detrimental somewhere around 1.0 -1.2 ec for veg and you be laughing👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Whatever it says on the bottle cut in half man well that’s what I do some charts I read are insane high ec numbers especially as you are doing dwc it has access to nutes 24/7 so no need for high dose feeding actually detrimental somewhere around 1.0 -1.2 ec for veg and you be laughing👍
Sounds like a plan.
I will also need to reduce veg time, GG4 likes to stretch, A LOT.
I need to keep them under a metre so it will be SCROG city which i have never done But look fwd to having a crack at.
So these are some good parameters and understandings to kick off with.

KingKobi

KingKobi

When the net pots you ordered a week ago arrive and they are the wrong fuggen size and when $80 is now a lot of money
😭😭😤🤬🤬🤬
E267D1B1 BEB0 490A 855D 26528128D2F6

KingKobi

KingKobi

But the 6” pots you kept after planting out citrus years ago shout “pick me pick me”
And you need 4, and you have exactly 4🧐🧐🧐🤓🤓
059F262A D27D 4520 954C ADC2B1E298A1

KingKobi

KingKobi

And the 3” rhubarb pots you kept shouted “pick me pick me”, cos ya gotta have a planting deck in your net pots
You need 4 and you have exactly 4
🤔🤔🤔🤔
28792554 3F13 4B9D A348 953058DF13BB

KingKobi

KingKobi

And all is right with the world. GZk day 7. Week 1, bit over a metre from 1x315cmh running approx 18/6. Solar panels spreading nicely, doing their job.
2EB31194 C051 4117 98AC 76BAF8880CD0

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

And the plant show begins did u drill a shitload of holes in the pots to make em like net pots?

KingKobi

KingKobi

They are not overly sturdy in design like the manufactured spec. I didn’t want to further weaken their structure by drilling.
There are plenty of holes in the upturned 3” ‘planting deck’ which the rock wool cubes sit on.
The base of the 6” pots have much larger cut out sections in them than spec but only about 8 of them.
It is a slight concern and i will watch it but my gut feel is plant roots can find water.

It makes the aeration a little more critical which is ok. I will also drop the water volume a bit over time to give plant roots a bit more air space.
You wouldn’t believe it but i have lost an end cap for the air diffuser so have to source one or jerry one over the next week or so.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Weekly Update.Day 14. GZk front rhs, same plant as above Just prior to lights out. Now asking for a feed. Note the cotyledons beginning to pale as the plant seeks food.
I soaked the cubes in a weak seaweed solution when transplanting into the cubes over a week ago. One drink of system water from above since then. Will mix first weak Veg feed for them today and grab some duct tape for the aeration tube. Go time.
CBBED7FA 1BB9 4EE7 9723 8CD2BF98C42B

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Weekly Update.Day 14. GZk front rhs, same plant as above Just prior to lights out. Now asking for a feed. Note the cotyledons beginning to pale as the plant seeks food.
I soaked the cubes in a weak seaweed solution when transplanting into the cubes over a week ago. One drink of system water from above since then. Will mix first weak Veg feed for them today and grab some duct tape for the aeration tube. Go time.View attachment 1275584
Hey mate yep she ready for food for sure what is that salt build up on your clayballs u haven’t fed yet? Are they reused if so shoulda washed the hell outta them👍

Top Bottom