King Kobi Goes Hunting Gorillas

• Thread starter KingKobi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingKobi

KingKobi

Tap water and my water is good. Fresh clay balls, washed. I was thinking carbonate out of solution but happy to be corrected, it appeared after that first watering and it was system water, (tap, ran pump for a week b4 transplant.)
I gave the system a pretty good rinse when i took it down Jan but no chemicals. May have been residual salt in pipes etc.
What do you think about a say 50% change out b4 i feed later today? The roots wont be down in the water yet.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Tap water and my water is good. Fresh clay balls, washed. I was thinking carbonate out of solution but happy to be corrected, it appeared after that first watering and it was system water, (tap, ran pump for a week b4 transplant.)
I gave the system a pretty good rinse when i took it down Jan but no chemicals. May have been residual salt in pipes etc.
What do you think about a say 50% change out b4 i feed later today? The roots wont be down in the water yet.
Yea I dunno mate? Just looked like salt build up on the pebbles yea chuck a feed into em do u top feed at all untill the roots hit the water👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Yeah fed into the system, left it for an hour or so and then gave a top down feed of system water.
Sorted the air pump w duct tape, air pressure thru the roof but adjusted. 😉
Will do a ph and nute check at lights out in the morning and see how things are shaping up.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Update day 21.
And they are away. First very light feed 7 days ago (like .4EC light). Colour coming back into them and 50% higher feed dose today. Small water change out and ph adjust to around. 5.5. Pic below is original star GZK front rhs. I expect she will have the 6” pot well and truly covered next week.
9199C6AE 608D 4291 BA76 6E477AB24573

KingKobi

KingKobi

First pic of GG4 below. Doin well, a day or so behind in development Compared to GZK. GZK was out of the germination blocks 1 day earlier and it shows still.
8EDC5A1D 8DF0 48F6 B1D6 CF77F9C9EB40

KingKobi

KingKobi

They away now mate Cats v Lions Friday night gunna be a big 1 down here Carn the Cats
I will be there. Brisbane played their GF last night. We owe Sydney but Pies do well up there. Pies will want another crack at us. Been a cracking year of footy.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I will be there. Brisbane played their GF last night. We owe Sydney but Pies do well up there. Pies will want another crack at us. Been a cracking year of footy.
U lucky bugger I’d love to be there I was saying the same thing to my old lady I hope brissie already played there gf the way they was carrying on after the siren I was thinkin don’t forget bout next week ya muppets well I hope you have a ball mate n we get up👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Weekly Update, Day 29. Bit going on.
All salt crusted clay balls have been removed since these pics taken.

D21A6543 037F 4FFC 8EB6 93AC32FCA41B

The pic above WAS star GZK front rhs. However she has been over taken by NEW GZK star back rhs, see below.
BDF121C7 E0A7 4474 BBDA 41338B980DB8

KingKobi

KingKobi

I was pondering this and decided to have a look at the roots
F2B0047A B9FE 434C 938D 0940488D93A2

Roots GZK front rhs above just starting to protrude from pot. Roots GZK back rhs below
030BF86B 4E78 4FE3 8A62 74AB4078A813

A remarkable difference, especially since girl front rhs had been leading the race.
But wait, the plot thickens….

KingKobi

KingKobi

The same about turn in performance has happened w the two GG4 girls.
8311CD5F F8E5 49BE 938D D182ECE22898

The above pic is GG4 girl back lhs. She was clearly in front of GG4 girl front lhs but this is no longer the case, see below
1AF3F088 288E 40E0 A312 0CF075257037
Guess what. Same root differential between the plants.GG4 girl front lhs much more advanced roots.
So it got me thinking….

KingKobi

KingKobi

The only variable in the tent is the lamp location within the two lamps. I have one 315CMH in each setup (takes 2 in each) cos they babies.
See below
68DF7838 E85C 4D57 A253 7518DE9B0297

Now here’s the kicker.
The two girls furthest away from the lights (ie front lhs and back rhs) are the 2 girls outperforming. Very noticeable to the naked eye. However, they get the most direct light from the globes. Those 2 girls can ‘see’ the globes, the other 2 not so much.
What this tells me is I have to have all 4 globes in their to max individual plant potential. Will do it today.
Also, weekly feed and water changeout. My blueberry bush is gunna fly this year!!
This weeks Cyco feed (week 3 veg) included the XL boost. Only time it is added during the whole growth cycle. Essentially superphosphoric acid iirc. Expect a real burst in growth next 7 day. Careful when you use it, you do get a big pH dump. Mine dropped to 5 but it will slowly drift back up over the week.

KingKobi

KingKobi

And finally,
A23150E5 74BE 4FB9 9F36 D03CE64B19FA

Scrog framework ready to go. Did those screws the old fashioned way. 100 of the suckers.
Got the blisters to prove it!
I will get them positioned today but wont worry about the string for another week or so.
Dasall

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I was pondering this and decided to have a look at the roots
View attachment 1281174
Roots GZK front rhs above just starting to protrude from pot. Roots GZK back rhs below
View attachment 1281175
A remarkable difference, especially since girl front rhs had been leading the race.
But wait, the plot thickens….
I’d be a tiny bit worried about the colour of them roots man they look a tiny bit brown still think u should of drilled way more holes in them pots man but time will tell👍 They lookin alright up top though so it might just be my dodgy eyes😂

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I was thinking the same. Will keep an eye on it
Nice scrog frame though mate she’ll work well👍 heaps better than the shitty rubber nets I use they are hopeless spend more time pinning my net down than the plants untill I just say to hell with it and let em go😂

KingKobi

KingKobi

Nice scrog frame though mate she’ll work well👍 heaps better than the shitty rubber nets I use they are hopeless spend more time pinning my net down than the plants untill I just say to hell with it and let em go😂
Just on the root colour, the Cyco nutes are pretty strongly coloured, but i will def keep my eye on them.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Just on the root colour, the Cyco nutes are pretty strongly coloured, but i will def keep my eye on them.
Yea man some nutes will stain ya roots a bit it was just something I noticed mate so I thought I’d tell ya👍 Ya keeping a lid on the Cats cause I’m not bullish as anything I am😂

KingKobi

KingKobi

Yea man some nutes will stain ya roots a bit it was just something I noticed mate so I thought I’d tell ya👍 Ya keeping a lid on the Cats cause I’m not bullish as anything I am😂
Just give us the Cup 🤣🤣 They all playing for the right to finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. No lid here

KingKobi

KingKobi

DF685098 6826 4E28 B610 D460FD595A23

That day when you get a bit done and feel good about it.
That day when you did well in the markets.
That day when your boss gave you that nice raise you damn sure earned.
That day when your team is still in the hunt at the pointy end of the season.
That day when you catch up w a brother from another mother.
TODAY is that day and the fact your wife told you to leave 12 months ago, just doesn’t hurt anymore.
Have a great day everyone 😎

Top Bottom