• Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

this right here is the BEST Bang for the $$$$$$

basscaptain

basscaptain

this right here is the BEST Bang for the $$$$$$

I have 5 of there qb light's

hands down for the $$$ this light works......... I have 2 ..... 1 in each flower and veg......... 3500k and they work........ for the $$$$ they can't be beat....... I'm on my 3rd run with them Now so I can say this...... I'm running Everything I have at 100% for months now and there rocking.........

basscaptain

basscaptain

I just seen this...... I would put this in a 2x2....................................................................................................................................
this light here I'll be buying Next when I can afford it for my 2x2x5 tent.... I was going to buy and build a light form HLG but all there old stuff is GONE........................... so this will be my next light buy............................

willowbug

willowbug

I have 5 of there qb light's

hands down for the $$$ this light works......... I have 2 ..... 1 in each flower and veg......... 3500k and they work........ for the $$$$ they can't be beat....... I'm on my 3rd run with them Now so I can say this...... I'm running Everything I have at 100% for months now and there rocking.........

Thanks basscaptain. I wanted to get the IR and UV on the light. Seems like that is not required ?

basscaptain

basscaptain

Thanks basscaptain. I wanted to get the IR and UV on the light. Seems like that is not required ?
I have that too I gave you a link in the 1st set of links ........ Mine is the 1st 1 out and 2nd but the link is Good I would buy it...

willowbug

willowbug

Can someone explain to me how alibaba works... seems like its a handful of the same sellers. Selling the same product at the same or slightly different cost. Who should I buy from? Vivi and Vicki shows up a lot.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can someone explain to me how alibaba works... seems like its a handful of the same sellers. Selling the same product at the same or slightly different cost. Who should I buy from? Vivi and Vicki shows up a lot.

Alibaba is the website for the chinese factories. There are really only a few actual companies and they use many different brand names. The guys here like kingbrite. But if you look its shenzen kingbrite. Shenzen is the name if the megafactory that builds lighting. Among other stuff.

Another example is bicycles. All built by the same factory but sold under a bunch of different brands on alibaba. About 2/3 the cost of a similar american company bike.

But like amazon and ebay some sellers are legit and some not so much.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Alibaba is the website for the chinese factories. There are really only a few actual companies and they use many different brand names. The guys here like kingbrite. But if you look its shenzen kingbrite. Shenzen is the name if the megafactory that builds lighting. Among other stuff.

Another example is bicycles. All built by the same factory but sold under a bunch of different brands on alibaba. About 2/3 the cost of a similar american company bike.

But like amazon and ebay some sellers are legit and some not so much.

Yes, this is most likely correct.

The QB platform is highly scale-able so you'll see different features at higher price points for the same watt light. You'll also find that a kingbrite board has no branding if you choose to buy one. However, if I wanted to buy 100 of those lights, they will brand it "Grampa's Lighting" if I wanted them to. They fulfill orders. They might assemble the boards. They don't make the board components.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The QB platform is highly scale-able so you'll see different features at higher price points for the same watt light. You'll also find that a kingbrite board has no branding if you choose to buy one. However, if I wanted to buy 100 of those lights, they will brand it "Grampa's Lighting" if I wanted them to. They fulfill orders. They might assemble the boards. They don't make the board components.
Once I ordered from Kingbrite, I got spammed by at least 3 other companies on Alibaba.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There are a few posts on riu that show they do use or produce counterfeit diodes at shenzen. The builders show the difference between the labeling. And they definitely produce counterfeit drivers and even label them hlg. Even the boards are all not labeled the same. Some say samsung. Some dont. I wish i knew how to identify. I can spot the fake chinese gibson and fender guitars often.

But we have debated this enough.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

There are a few posts on riu that show they do use or produce counterfeit diodes at shenzen. The builders show the difference between the labeling. And they definitely produce counterfeit drivers and even label them hlg. Even the boards are all not labeled the same. Some say samsung. Some dont. I wish i knew how to identify. I can spot the fake chinese gibson and fender guitars often.

But we have debated this enough.
My board panels are all labeled "Samsung." That's a step in the right direction although that isn't enough to prove that it's not counterfeit. Honestly, I believe those "counterfeit" LEDs are actually Samsung "rejects" and are actually Samsung made LEDs that are slightly below Samsung specs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My board panels are all labeled "Samsung." That's a step in the right direction although that isn't enough to prove that it's not counterfeit. Honestly, I believe those "counterfeit" LEDs are actually Samsung "rejects" but are actually Samsung made LEDs that are slightly below Samsung specs.

That may be true too. They talked about that on those builder threads too.

They also said they use lower bin diodes but that only costs a few percent of light. Which would matter to a commercial dialed in operation but not so much to a smaller grower.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

They also said they use lower bin diodes but that only costs a few percent of light. Which would matter to a commercial dialed in operation but not so much to a smaller grower.
Yes, this is what I've heard. So they aren't counterfeit, just don't quite hit the specs.

basscaptain

basscaptain

all my driver s/n checked out with Meanwell and my broad's all say Samsung........ that as good as i need ......... I have about about 4 months left on my 1st broads warr.... so at this point I Great...............................

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And @MIGrampaUSA and @basscaptain i am still considering the chinese builds. I am just extremely careful. I dont have much money and i know buying top of the line and we are always happy. I dont usually waiver from that.

Top Bottom