Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did link the specific fixture in my earlier post that you already quoted, its just above the link to the hlg.

All I could offer was my personal experience with the lights being discussed. I thought it could be useful to some people trying to make decisions even if it lacked me going into detail about every aspect of each light and why they perform the way they do.

When you stated specifically that timbers fixtures needed to be further away from the canopy than hlgs fixtures this was contrary to my experience and the manufacturers info so I wanted to understand where you were coming from. I was asking more specifically in regards to the fixtures being offered by both brands rather than getting into all the variations of light design possible.

Im just trying to understand. I mean honestly I dont even think the optimal operating height really gives one light an edge over the other, I'm happy with both of them but if there is a good reason I should be using them differently I would like to know.

Shortly after I joined this forum @Aqua Man and @MIMedGrower helped convince me of using the same nutrients for the whole grow rather than switching to bloom nutrients in flower. This was a new idea to me but aqua man pointed out a study as well as mimeds grows that helped convince me to change. Because of this (and this goes for others on the forum I respect as well) if aqua man says something contrary to my understanding Im more likely to press him on explaining it because I'm really giving him the benefit of the doubt and need someone to point out where or what I am misunderstanding.

That being said, in the absence of evidence to convince me otherwise, I can not rule out the possibility that I might be right or that maybe something was misunderstood. In this case I think most of the confusion was due to aqua man making reasonable statements that were unfortunately based on out of date/not current hardware. Unless I am mistaken it seems like he has come around to the fact the the majority current of fixtures offered by hlg optimally operate at a greater height than than the majority of timbers fixtures.
Fair point brother. I did point out why you found your cobs could run closer. Partially due to a differece in ppfd and IR but also less wattage which would be less intensity. Part of it was me not know timber removed the lenses.

But I think you will find if all things equal the boards can be run closer. This would require a single QB and single COB tested using quantum meter. Both at say 100w you will find the QB can be run closer. I understand that when put into a fixture it changes things. The real issue here is what exactly is causing differing opinions. I said MAY have to run higher with timbers. I understand it's not always the case depending on the boarda used and configuration of the fixtures.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I plug in the fixture. Light comes out. The plants grow. Then they make flowers. And those flowers turn into sticky stinky sweet dank nuggets with frosting splashed all over them. I cut the plant down, turn off the light, and dry the flowers. And then I smoke one. Bliss.

That's why we all do it.

How we all do it? I'm tired of arguing about what's most effective, who's full of shit, and who's full of good stuff. At the end of the day if we all arrive at the same place, produced our own frosty yum yum, and are happy with the result, then who the hell cares about the journey? Right or wrong, we dont even get a fucking participation trophy!

But we do get stoned.

20201001 104451

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I plug in the fixture. Light comes out. The plants grow. Then they make flowers. And those flowers turn into sticky stinky sweet dank nuggets with frosting splashed all over them. I cut the plant down, turn off the light, and dry the flowers. And then I smoke one. Bliss.

That's why we all do it.

How we all do it? I'm tired of arguing about what's most effective, who's full of shit, and who's full of good stuff. At the end of the day if we all arrive at the same place, produced our own frosty yum yum, and are happy with the result, then who the hell cares about the journey? Right or wrong, we dont even get a fucking participation trophy!

But we do get stoned.

View attachment 1038604
This!!!!!!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

From my understanding it has to do with spectrum. Not necessarily light spectrum but it causes molecules to vibrate faster causing heat.

Like how we feel the heat from the sun. Thats cause by IR

Yes but does artificial ir feel like heat? Is it hotter? I feel your logic about the ir making the boards need to be higher may be off.

The testing of spectrums and effects on plants dont include heat as a factor as far as I know.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Fair point brother. I did point out why you found your cobs could run closer. Partially due to a differece in ppfd and IR but also less wattage which would be less intensity. Part of it was me not know timber removed the lenses.

But I think you will find if all things equal the boards can be run closer. This would require a single QB and single COB tested using quantum meter. Both at say 100w you will find the QB can be run closer. I understand that when put into a fixture it changes things. The real issue here is what exactly is causing differing opinions. I said MAY have to run higher with timbers. I understand it's not always the case depending on the boarda used and configuration of the fixtures.
One last clarification (I promise) in my specific configuration the timbers are both using more watts (per sqft) than the hlgs while also being closer to the canopy. I admit your guess is probably better than mine as to why that is and whether or not its a good or bad thing for either light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes but does artificial ir feel like heat? Is it hotter? I feel your logic about the ir making the boards need to be higher may be off.

The testing of spectrums and effects on plants dont include heat as a factor as far as I know.
The IR does provide the Emerson effects and the leaf temps directly affect transpiration rates and therefore nutrient uptake. In almoat all studies when they refer to temos they are using leaf temps. To determine the difference for ideal tenps for growth, stress etc. Not sure if I'm answering what your asking or not understanding it.

And yes IR feels like heat.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

One last clarification (I promise) in my specific configuration the timbers are both using more watts (per sqft) than the hlgs while also being closer to the canopy. I admit your guess is probably better than mine as to why that is and whether or not its a good or bad thing for either light.
I would attribute possibly the IR to be the culprit for various reasons. Like i say leaf temos have a lot to do with many different factors in growth.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This!!!!!!!!

Sure if yield doesnt matter to you. Or maybe quality. And early failure is a huge issue for a commercial grower or caregiver without an easy use warranty and fast replacement.

Budget lights use less watts. Cheaper solder and circuit boards and cheaper diodes. Even the samsung diodes are not first quality. (Spider farmer claims theirs are) (but they already had to remove their par map from their website because @Anthem proved it wrong.) A lie.

Like i keep saying. Buy the right tool for the job at hand.

Cheap HPS bulbs have been available the whole time. Many growers use them and replace every round. I tried cheap ones and one failed put of the box and one after a couple months. The hortilux bulbs have never failed in 6 years of using them over and over. And i get 10 months of decent light out of a hortilux i could count on.

No matter who says different. You get what you pay for. There is no “special” deal. Not even at a chinese mega factory. I have told how i tried to have a furniture line made for our store in the mountains and if i wanted the same quality parts and covers as an american sofa it cost almost the same from china. But if i wanted to cut corners i could beat prices all day long. It was not much cheaper to have quality product built in china and shipped than just use a company here.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The IR does provide the Emerson effects and the leaf temps directly affect transpiration rates and therefore nutrient uptake. In almoat all studies when they refer to temos they are using leaf temps. To determine the difference for ideal tenps for growth, stress etc. Not sure if I'm answering what your asking or not understanding it.

And yes IR feels like heat.

No i was wondering if the board was hotter with them. But if the leaf temps rise thats the reason for the lamp needing to be higher like you say.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No i was wondering if the board was hotter with them. But if the leaf temps rise thats the reason for the lamp needing to be higher like you say.
I would say the boards could but there are very limited amounts. I would think the IR diodes are less efficient and produce more heat as waste than the white diodes but with the little numbers I dont feel it would really be a measurable amount.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Sure if yield doesnt matter to you. Or maybe quality. And early failure is a huge issue for a commercial grower or caregiver without an easy use warranty and fast replacement.

Budget lights use less watts. Cheaper solder and circuit boards and cheaper diodes. Even the samsung diodes are not first quality. (Spider farmer claims theirs are) (but they already had to remove their par map from their website because @Anthem proved it wrong.) A lie.

Like i keep saying. Buy the right tool for the job at hand.

Cheap HPS bulbs have been available the whole time. Many growers use them and replace every round. I tried cheap ones and one failed put of the box and one after a couple months. The hortilux bulbs have never failed in 6 years of using them over and over. And i get 10 months of decent light out of a hortilux i could count on.

No matter who says different. You get what you pay for. There is no “special” deal. Not even at a chinese mega factory. I have told how i tried to have a furniture line made for our store in the mountains and if i wanted the same quality parts and covers as an american sofa it cost almost the same from china. But if i wanted to cut corners i could beat prices all day long. It was not much cheaper to have quality product built in china and shipped than just use a company here.
Yep I'm not a dealer or a commercial grower. I grow mainly in bonsai roflmao! When it's time to put a few in the jars, I'll grow out a mainlined plant or two or 10 if it's a familiar strain. If not then up they go almost naturally less their bottom third. During this winter I'm flowering out a dozen or so bonsais that I don't want to continue to clone. Gravitas puts out a nice light. But I don't need all of that. So cheap is good for me. You commercial guys do what you do. If I was making money with it, my set up would be 1000x different, no doubt about that.

godspeed2k86

godspeed2k86

Sorry it took so long to get the last numbers been super busy with everything. The second tray yielded 2330g so total of 4823g off 14 240w sets dimmed about 20% cleaning the room out now should have the next round in the room within 4 weeks an I'll have some new pics up.

These lights cost me a 165$ a kit delivered I have paid more for 1 bulb before I agree longevity is still going to play some factor in but at those yields and that price I dont care if I replace 2 every run worth it... I ordered 2 sets to just keep on the back burner JIC.

BigCube

BigCube

Stop telling us the light is great we want results like yield and stuff I see very little info other then u guys saying it's good.

Stop expecting people to read your mind. If you want to know something, ask. It's not rocket surgery.

Yield is dictated by more than just the light you're using. Also the end product has more important properties than the weight of the yield.

That being said, I get an average of 1.5g per watt. I'll let you figure out how that helps you at all, not knowing how I do it.

Realgrower420

Realgrower420

Stop expecting people to read your mind. If you want to know something, ask. It's not rocket surgery.

Yield is dictated by more than just the light you're using. Also the end product has more important properties than the weight of the yield.

That being said, I get an average of 1.5g per watt. I'll let you figure out how that helps you at all, not knowing how I do it.
I just wanted an idea are you running hydro?
thanks now we talking 1.5g per watt sounds good are they nice and dense?

BigCube

BigCube

I just wanted an idea are you running hydro?
thanks now we talking 1.5g per watt sounds good are they nice and dense?

They are the hardest buds I've ever grown. I am using promix hp. But have had similar results with DWC.

Also you must remember these lm301 based fixtures are somewhat new. Many of us are still fiddling with our setups.

For example. When I first got the fixtures, I had them hanging so I could adjust the height according to my plants level of development.

This I found is not needed. I put the fixture as far away as I can and just crank the brightness. The fixture puts out enough light that I dont need to adjust the fixtures position, I can just adjust the brightness.

Also with the more even spread of light, my main growth isnt limited to the center of my grow space like it was with CMH or other small footprint led fixtures. I get even growth across the entire canopy. Giving me much more "prime" flower when I scrog.

The real benefits of lm301 quantum/fluence type fixtures, is the amount of light per watt, the even light distribution and the reduced heat.

Hope this helps. I will say, now that I own them. I have never used a better fixture.

Realgrower420

Realgrower420

They are the hardest buds I've ever grown. I am using promix hp. But have had similar results with DWC.

Also you must remember these lm301 based fixtures are somewhat new. Many of us are still fiddling with our setups.

For example. When I first got the fixtures, I had them hanging so I could adjust the height according to my plants level of development.

This I found is not needed. I put the fixture as far away as I can and just crank the brightness. The fixture puts out enough light that I dont need to adjust the fixtures position, I can just adjust the brightness.

Also with the more even spread of light, my main growth isnt limited to the center of my grow space like it was with CMH or other small footprint led fixtures. I get even growth across the entire canopy. Giving me much more "prime" flower when I scrog.

The real benefits of lm301 quantum/fluence type fixtures, is the amount of light per watt, the even light distribution and the reduced heat.

Hope this helps. I will say, now that I own them. I have never used a better fixture.
Thanks yes I have been a bit sceptical but I am starting to feel more comfortable gonna be ordering my first one soon

Was looking at the 600w one without all that other stuff or which one would you say is the best the price doesn't really bother me just worried about my country they tend to charge the same import tax at the products value South Africa unfortunately its a joke they just thumb suck it.

Im really exited to try this out was gonna buy the spiderfarmer sf 4000 but with import tax like this the product is gonna cost to much so hoping the 600w will give me at least a 400g yield with photoperiod gonna run general hydroponic trio nutrition and cal magic in coco coir

So how will I know if I can start to put the light on max for example?

BigCube

BigCube

Thanks yes I have been a bit sceptical but I am starting to feel more comfortable gonna be ordering my first one soon

Was looking at the 600w one without all that other stuff or which one would you say is the best the price doesn't really bother me just worried about my country they tend to charge the same import tax at the products value South Africa unfortunately its a joke they just thumb suck it.

Im really exited to try this out was gonna buy the spiderfarmer sf 4000 but with import tax like this the product is gonna cost to much so hoping the 600w will give me at least a 400g yield with photoperiod gonna run general hydroponic trio nutrition and cal magic in coco coir

So how will I know if I can start to put the light on max for example?

I use a lux meter to keep an eye on my light levels.. but much of it will depend on the environment you're growing in.

What size grow space are you working with? L,W,H?

I suggest using multiple 240w fixtures. It allows you the freedom to space things out better, move them around and repurpose them as needed. Also I believe it ends up being cheaper going with multiple 240w fixtures.

Realgrower420

Realgrower420

I use a lux meter to keep an eye on my light levels.. but much of it will depend on the environment you're growing in.

What size grow space are you working with? L,W,H?

I suggest using multiple 240w fixtures. It allows you the freedom to space things out better, move them around and repurpose them as needed. Also I believe it ends up being cheaper going with multiple 240w fixtures.
Okay thanks for the tip will just quickly check how much the shipping will cost if I do it that way will definitely rather buy three unless they gonna charge me to much shipping

5 by 5 is the grow tent size yes Im just not to sure about like I said the light Intensity I need still new to indoor just been growing greenhouse so far is there somewhere I could maybe see your grow results of the light? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom