Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Conky

Conky

I can't see any type of deals right now on Alibaba for their Chinese sale . Guess we'll have to wait for OUR black friday for good deals?

ncalgrower

ncalgrower

correct, maybe i'm trying to save too much. you brought me back to light! :P

I love a good deal like like you! I tried to work with Vicky on some better pricing for the new style bar lights, but as a first time buyer, she wasn't budging. I decided I'd rather take the plunge rather than delay upgrading my grow tent :)

IhatePM

IhatePM

Been using kingbrite qbs for 2 years now.
Started with 240w . Slowly converting to 480w.
All work and still being used.
Saved thousands compared to hlg or sf
Only flaw IMO would be shipping time.
Here's my bloom room.

Screenshot 20201111 153824 Gallery
ncalgrower

ncalgrower

Been using kingbrite qbs for 2 years now.
Started with 240w . Slowly converting to 480w.
All work and still being used.
Saved thousands compared to hlg or sf
Only flaw IMO would be shipping time.
Here's my bloom room.

Nice! Thanks for sharing your experience with the KB lights too! I have the near exact same dehumidifier setup :)

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Check out this product on Alibaba App 240W Kingbrite Led grow light, lm301h Samsung leds mix cree xp-g3 660nm V3 V4 board waterproof

This light

Can anyone assist with buying a kingbrite or similar. I want a Meanwell driver and spending 220 ish

ADFF252F AA4D 46D7 8133 A1EC86B0129A
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Idk how to post a link of the Alb app. Sorry.
But if there’s nicer units guys are buying now can someone toss me a link

Thanx

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
The more I read about Kingbrite the more I want to try them for my next tent, it will be a 1x2x2m tent so it would save a fair bit of money, I'm thinking 3 x 480W for max flowering in a packed tent.

ncalgrower

ncalgrower

The UV / IR discussion has been done throughout this thread. IMO, the consensus is quality UV LEDs are very expensive, so much so there is no way anyone is using them on the lights we are talking about here. The IR consensus seems to be they help, but you should have a switch to turn them on/off during specific times of your grow. There was also some discussion about UV/IR LEDs reducing the overall efficiency of the light / driver over time. I went with supplemental IR lights I can control separately.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Why do you say this? Are you talking about having all of them on the same driver? Or just in general on the same board?
The UV / IR discussion has been done throughout this thread. IMO, the consensus is quality UV LEDs are very expensive, so much so there is no way anyone is using them on the lights we are talking about here. The IR consensus seems to be they help, but you should have a switch to turn them on/off during specific times of your grow. There was also some discussion about UV/IR LEDs reducing the overall efficiency of the light / driver over time. I went with supplemental IR lights I can control separately.
The main issue as I understand it is that the uv/ir leds have half the lifespan of the white light leds and their failure can make the whole board inoperable, so the lifespan of the board is only as long as its weakest leds. This and the fact that the higher price for those options make them a worse value (compared to other manufacturers) than the more basic boards being offered.

ncalgrower

ncalgrower

The main issue as I understand it is that the uv/ir leds have half the lifespan of the white light leds and their failure can make the whole board inoperable, so the lifespan of the board is only as long as its weakest leds. This and the fact that the higher price for those options make them a worse value (compared to other manufacturers) than the more basic boards being offered.

Yes, I saw that discussion earlier as well. A quick search on Mouser shows quality uv leds starting around $15/each and going up above $30. There's just no way, even purchasing in bulk these companies can include quality UV led and keep pricing competitive in the hobbyist/enthusiast/prosumer market.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Supplement the uv and ir to your needs

odirt

odirt

I believe they sell individual strips of Uv and ir for around 30$ for 30 watts. I believe it’s uv b I could be wrong don’t quote me

BigCube

BigCube

Alibaba/aliexpress just lost my business.

They shut my account down saying I broke terms of service as a seller. I've never even signed up to sell anything.

They want me to actually scan and send them my drivers license and passport!

They say they wont reinstate my account until I do. That's not going to happen.

Unfortunatly alibaba/aliexpress is sketchy. And seemingly harvesting Canadian identifications. There are posts about it online.

Dont trust these fuckers. I placed an order for a watch, the minutes layer they shut my account down demanding I send them scans of my government issued I'd. I reversed the charges in paypal and will NEVER buy from them again.

Too bad, I hope I can contact kingbrite directly.

odirt

odirt

Hmmm be careful most things on internet are sketchy add in China and bam. Order it through a friend problem solved . Good luck stay safe

Someguy616

Someguy616

maximusluminous said:
that makes more sense but honestly UV diodes are garbage at this point, they are never detectable by meters than can detect uv light when tests are done on LED grow lights with UV diodes in em & they are uva not uvb, as uvb diodes are crazy stupid expensive & are pretty much garbage too. So why would anyone waste diode space on a board on em to begin with?

agree. Specially when florecent can produce lots of efficient uv A B or C.

I'll tell ya why I'm interested in "wasting" led space on UV. UV is a natural part of the light spectrum. UV helps fight infections and bacteria. UV is beneficial to plants. Up to 8% of UV reaches the earth's surface. You wonder why your indoor grows don't produce as much as an outdoor "natural" grow? It's because the light that reaches the earth's surface is not just white. There are so many more factors involved with light, than just color.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Alibaba/aliexpress just lost my business.

They shut my account down saying I broke terms of service as a seller. I've never even signed up to sell anything.

They want me to actually scan and send them my drivers license and passport!

They say they wont reinstate my account until I do. That's not going to happen.

Unfortunatly alibaba/aliexpress is sketchy. And seemingly harvesting Canadian identifications. There are posts about it online.

Dont trust these fuckers. I placed an order for a watch, the minutes layer they shut my account down demanding I send them scans of my government issued I'd. I reversed the charges in paypal and will NEVER buy from them again.

Too bad, I hope I can contact kingbrite directly.

bet its a hacker scam and not really alibaba. Just like getting spam emails on yahoo from stolen account info.

it wouldnt help alibaba. They are just a catalog company selling shit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom