Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

buy the
Cool, so in my case I have a 12x10 room. I was thinking 4 600kingbrite with uv/ir with 2 growers choice 315 in middle? What u guys think? Vicki Quayle’s me at 2k with ship I believe on the 4 600
I would get the 3 panel on the good heat sinks there like 175 each????
6x200+1200..... maybe 300 shipping..... 1500 or so

240w you can get for 120
120 x 10 1200=300 shipping + 1500 or so

Screw the 600's would be my deal......

godspeed2k86

godspeed2k86

Shipping was $550.00 for 14 via fedex right now. UPS was $750 an DHL was $780 to Michigan at least.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thats alot of light. But if its dimmed i could see it working. Im no one to say anything. As i had originally wanted 6 240w for my 4x5. Figured it give great even coverage. But i knew id have to dim them. LOL. But due to corona and shipping price increase I settled with 4, which should still do wonders for my grow.

I've got 3 in a 5 x 5 and it's more than plenty for the plants I have in there right now. I can see you dimming down 4 in a 4 x 5 too, although the coverage would be outstanding.

Cadydid420

Cadydid420

I've got 3 in a 5 x 5 and it's more than plenty for the plants I have in there right now. I can see you dimming down 4 in a 4 x 5 too, although the coverage would be outstanding.
Im excited, i cant wait to get them and put them up. MiGrampaUSA, ive got a question for ya....
Im looking to utilize emmerson effect and flower initiator. I havent found alot of options lately. But i did find a nice light. Its on Rapidled.com. there are 2 37 inch cree emerson efect lights, they come with 2 built in drivers, so they are dual channel, one for 660nm and one channel for 730. The kit comes with a 30v power supply with a splitter to connect to both boards. If i buy a controller from them for another $65, i will be able to turn off the 660 channel and runn the 730 only for an additional 15 for initiator. With the controller i can also use it as a timer, mimic sunrise and sunset as well as the ability to dim the lights. Each strip is 30w , 12-660nm and 6- 730nm crees on each board. My question is....Do you think these will put out enough watts for my 4x5 and do u think this is a good price. 180 for boards, drivers, power supply. 65 for controller, 21 for shipping 21 in tax. I also have a 10% discount. So in total itll cost me $262.00 total. What do you or anyone else on here think about this set up?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Im excited, i cant wait to get them and put them up. MiGrampaUSA, ive got a question for ya....
Im looking to utilize emmerson effect and flower initiator. I havent found alot of options lately. But i did find a nice light. Its on Rapidled.com. there are 2 37 inch cree emerson efect lights, they come with 2 built in drivers, so they are dual channel, one for 660nm and one channel for 730. The kit comes with a 30v power supply with a splitter to connect to both boards. If i buy a controller from them for another $65, i will be able to turn off the 660 channel and runn the 730 only for an additional 15 for initiator. With the controller i can also use it as a timer, mimic sunrise and sunset as well as the ability to dim the lights. Each strip is 30w , 12-660nm and 6- 730nm crees on each board. My question is....Do you think these will put out enough watts for my 4x5 and do u think this is a good price. 180 for boards, drivers, power supply. 65 for controller, 21 for shipping 21 in tax. I also have a 10% discount. So in total itll cost me $262.00 total. What do you or anyone else on here think about this set up?

I like your idea, but I'm probably not the one to give you the best answer. If you're (or will be) running up to 4 240w quantum boards in a 4' x 5' tent, you're already at 48w per ft sq. The extra reds are enticing but I'm going to pass the buck to someone who has a better understanding on how these emerson effect lights would work with your quantum board lighting. I'd be inclined to run only 3 quantum boards if you're adding those emersons in as well. Others might have a better answer.

Cadydid420

Cadydid420

I like your idea, but I'm probably not the one to give you the best answer. If you're (or will be) running up to 4 240w quantum boards in a 4' x 5' tent, you're already at 48w per ft sq. The extra reds are enticing but I'm going to pass the buck to someone who has a better understanding on how these emerson effect lights would work with your quantum board lighting. I'd be inclined to run only 3 quantum boards if you're adding those emersons in as well. Others might have a better answer.
Ok. I appreciate ur take on the issue and really appreciate your speedy reply. Thank You. Everyone else is free to reply with any and all advise. Thanks all.

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

I contacted Kingbrite a few days ago and have been discussing options. I spent a long time looking for in depth reviews of the company and found little, in the way of descriptions of the process and long term in depth reviews.

This will be my documentation of the process from start to finish, plus a long term review of the light in operation and any updates will be posted here.

I am dealing with Vivi Liu. I am purchasing two 600w LM301H boards with 660nm, 3000k.
She seems to answer back pretty quickly , that's who u felt with when I bought my Quantum boards

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter

Sounds very interesting.
I had this "effect" pretty settled out and working with my HID setup. Im on my first run of led qb's so havent pondered it for them yet, good idea ya have going.

StefanWolf

StefanWolf

Wouldnt the cree boards off kingbrite be more worth it? The 2020 ones to be exact. I mean epstar is just horrendous youd get a much longer life

Cadydid420

Cadydid420

Wouldnt the cree boards off kingbrite be more worth it? The 2020 ones to be exact. I mean epstar is just horrendous youd get a much longer life
The boards on rapidled are Cree xp2 i believe the ones on kingbrite are $40-$50 each, but there not dual channel so id need far red initiator boards as well from them. Plus right now shipping from kingbrite is around 50 per board. Id need 2 emerson boards and 2 initiator boards from kingbrite. In the end id spend more from kingbrite. I know hlg had some at one time but now there almost out of everything. I cant find there 7 inch boards on there site anymore. Ill look for the link to rapidleds ser up and post them here in a minute.

Cadydid420

Cadydid420

Heres the link to the rapidled emmerson effect/ flower initiator boards.
Here is the link to the controller.
I like these becuz the lights serve a dual purpose. The can utilize emmerson and initiator, so they are space savers. Id have 2 - 37 inch boards instead of 4. I think the downside is that if one channel goes out (say the 730nm) since it would run an extra 15 min a day. I cant easily replace the 730s, id have to buy a new board for $80. The more i talk about these, the more i like them honestly. I keep thinking $250 is alot for emmerson effect and flower initiator. But then again 4 growmau initiator pucks are $120 b4 tax and shipping, 4 emmersons are roughly $80 - 100. That creats alot more work due to mounting or hanging them, more wires all over, more plugs to connect. Check out the links i posted in here and tell me what yall think.

Cadydid420

Cadydid420

Sorry all, im full of questions. I know this post is a little off topic, but it does pertain to the use of the kingbrite lights. So i hope no ones mad, just not sure where else to post this question....

I have a bit of an issue here. I started 4 plants wayyyyy back in September 2019. I grew them under a 4 bulb T5 and 2 walmart plant light leds. LOL. On March 25th 2020 i put up a Scrog set up(4x5 space). I finally am able to flower as i jist received some new lights for growing. They are kingbrite 240w 35k w/660nm. I ordered 4, i have 2 at the moment. My problem is plants got massive, filled the entire space. I had the scrog net 24 inches from rafters, 32 inches from flooring(space inbetween rafters). As of right now my plants are about 12 inches from rafter and 20 inches away from touching absolute ceiling between rafters/floor joise. I was planning on flipping under the 65k T5 for 10 days or so to avoid stretch. I know they will still grow a lil bit. Once i put the kingbrite in place they will be 4 inches lower then rafters(that way i can get air up there to keep em cool). Then the plants are only 8 inches from light. I can dim them down but i feel like the plants will touch the lights before they have finished. Could i top all of them? Id be cutting them down alot. The tallest are 20 inches above the scrog net. I cant lower the net else i risk breaking alot of branches. Im going to build and install a 2nd net to support the nuggs. So should i cut away all but 8 to 10 inches of branches? If so, how long should i wait to heal before flipping them. Any help is greatly appreciated. Time is of utmost importance

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Bend and tie tall branches down or simply pinch the stems and bend over. Search LST and Supercrop.

Cadydid420

Cadydid420

Bend and tie tall branches down or simply pinch the stems and bend over. Search LST and Supercrop.
Canopy is thick, tall and all over the place. Its crazy. Is tying them down possible. If its 20 inches above the scrog netwould i bend it down 50/50 and tie the end of tip to net or should i pull it farther down so that when it tied down it hangs under screen/tie spot 3 or 4 inches? That way it has a chance to turn up and grow back up the canopy? Would toping 8 to 10 inches off the tops cause issues. Super stress, weird cola/bud sites. Or stunt bud growth and development?

20200523 034209
20200523 034225
Cadydid420

Cadydid420

Pinch and bend might work. How far from top or scrog netting should i bend on say the ones that are 18 to 20 inches above net vs ones that are 12 inches above net? Maybe bend them all at the same heigth?
Not sure

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

Pinch and bend might work. How far from top or scrog netting should i bend on say the ones that are 18 to 20 inches above net vs ones that are 12 inches above net? Maybe bend them all at the same heigth?
Not sure
When you tie them down do it after you have watered the stems will bend easier. I use pipe cleaner to tie mine down it's simple and easy and doesn't hurt the stems

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Canopy is thick, tall and all over the place. Its crazy. Is tying them down possible. If its 20 inches above the scrog netwould i bend it down 50/50 and tie the end of tip to net or should i pull it farther down so that when it tied down it hangs under screen/tie spot 3 or 4 inches? That way it has a chance to turn up and grow back up the canopy? Would toping 8 to 10 inches off the tops cause issues. Super stress, weird cola/bud sites. Or stunt bud growth and development?

Great advice from all. All i can add is go slow.

Top Bottom